Okay, so here's my current setup: Fender Wireless Guitar Unit -> Boss TU-3 Tuner -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah -> Wampler Ego Compressor -> Barber Gain Changer -> Fulltone OCD -> Boss TR-2 Tremelo -> Vox Delay Lab. Pedals are powered by Voodo Labs Iso-5. I use single coil p'ups and a single-channel tube amp on everything. Now, here is my issue. Before adding the ego compressor I had very little noise coming from my rig, even when I would turn on my OCD with high peak engaged and gain on 3:00. When I turn on the Ego Compressor along with either overdrive two things happen: the tone sounds nice and sweet/punchy and I get a bunch of noise out of my rig. Can anyone help me figure out how to keep the compressor engaged without the noise?
Last edited by ashstrat07 at Oct 3, 2015,
i haven't tried the ego, but compressors often add a lot of noise, especially if used with distortion

you could try a noise gate?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Compressors kind of do that, for the most part, it's part of the game.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/