Poll: Which schedule would you pick?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which schedule would you pick?
6 days on / 1 day off
21 95%
12 days on / 2 days off
1 5%
Voters: 22.
So at work right now, I'm working 6 days on and 1 day off (the overtime is mandatory, so I don't have a choice). But now the guys seems to think that it would be BETTER to work 12 days on and 2 days off.

I've done both before, and prefer the former by a mile.

So if you had to, what would you pick? I'm just wondering if I'm the oddball here.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
one day on, nine days off
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
yeah, no.

12 straight days us ridiculous.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
6 on 1 off I usually get bored on Sunday anyway so if I could get 20% extra pay for giving up Sunday I might even consider it
I'd find a new job
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i did 5 on 2 off but often did a day overtime, i also worked 14 days on 2 off once, one time i did that and honestly i thought i was going to stab someone or myself in the throat

i get called French by everyone atm because i'd love to do 4 days on 3 days off
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
i currently do 4 days on, 3 days off, but it's 10 hour days. another 10 hours overtime days gonna be coming up soon.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i currently do 4 days on, 3 days off, but it's 10 hour days. another 10 hours overtime days gonna be coming up soon.

Found out recently that that is what my job used to do but they switched to 5 days a week 8 hours a day sometime before I got there. Wish they would go back honestly.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Currently do 5 days out of 7, averaging out at 50 hours over 5 days. That's more than enough, especially with the amount of driving I do for work.

Last week though, I ended up doing 45 hours in three days. That was a killer. Doing more than the 'standard' UK working week's worth of hours in 3 days.
I wish I had my mom's schedule. She works 4 on 2 off 8 hours.

But thanks for confirming my sanity guys. I feel a lot better about complaining about it.
I don't have one, I don't think.
I'm working via a hiring agency. I don't actually work for the company.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I wish I had my mom's schedule. She works 4 on 2 off 8 hours.

But thanks for confirming my sanity guys. I feel a lot better about complaining about it.

there is more than 6 days in a week
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
there is more than 6 days in a week

Not all schedules are based on a week. You should try being a nurse or a midwife.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'm doing 5 on 2 off rn and my days off are actually the weekend (!!!) but I also hate my job and want to quit so it's hard to be excited about it

My preferred schedule would be 4 ten hour days and three days off (like Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday probably since I'd get the weekend but also a day in the middle of the week so it'd feel like I don't work much)
My mom is a nurse, actually.
LVN technically. Although not right now because it's apparently gotten a lot harder to work as a nurse so right now she's working at a children's shelter.

Yeah void, that one day changes around each week. So if she's off Sunday and Monday this week, she'll be off the following Saturday and Sunday.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Not all schedules are based on a week. You should try being a nurse or a midwife.

Yea, let me just go try those out real quick

^and that sounds cool actually
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Oct 4, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
My mom is a nurse, actually.
LVN technically. Although not right now because it's apparently gotten a lot harder to work as a nurse so right now she's working at a children's shelter.

Yeah void, that one day changes around each week. So if she's off Sunday and Monday this week, she'll be off the following Saturday and Sunday.

Well, outside of nurses working in outpatient care and GPs clinics, most in the UK do 12 1/2 hour shifts, on a rota that sort of makes sense I guess if you're the one organising it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by chrismendiola
One time, I worked 21 days in a row. I was still 17, so it was very illegal. Shit was jokes.

Yeah but why do that tho
I usually do 4 days on then off a day and do an overnight then off a day

I get a little more money for the overnight so its cool with me. Ive been getting overtime though so its going to suck but pay off since its time and a half after 40 hours.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
i like to set things up with my coworkers so that i'm working 12 hours erryday for a week, then a week off. dis way i got 2 weeks off every month otherwise i'd be working 2-2-3 shifts, which im actually doing now. its annoying cuz of the constant on again off again
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 4, 2015,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yeah but why do that tho

All about the benjamins, muthafucka.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
All about the benjamins, muthafucka.

That's not a good reason at all unless you're either destitute or just flat out dumb