Why did so many people reject Megadeths album Super Collider?

I got really mad at people for their hateful comments about Super Collider because I love that album. Built for war, kingmaker, beginning of sorrow, dance in the rain, cold sweat are great songs. Super Collider isn't a bad tune it's just more of a radio song. Thirteen was another album that I enjoyed a lot. Now that Chris Broderick and Shawn Drover are gone I realize how much im gonna miss that lineup. With those guys gone the band sounds totally different.

I was listening to the new song fatal illusion and it sounds really good but it got me thinking. I feel like Chris Adler changed the whole direction of the band. Im not sure if thats a good or bad thing yet until I hear the new album. It has a Lamb Of God feel to it. And I don't like Lamb Of God. I like Megadeth. Shawn had a lot of critics but to me he was perfect for Megadeth. Im gonna miss Chris too. This Kiko guy sounds great hes just not Chris. From what I hear so far his style isn't that melodic but we will see.
Quote by fte85
I got really mad at people for their hateful comments about Super Collider because I love that album.

You should get out more.
Yeah, I also hate it when people don't agree with me since my own opinions are pratically gospel and everyone should love me.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Yeah, I also hate it when people don't agree with me since my own opinions are pratically gospel and everyone should love me.

Now you are getting it. Every keyboard warrior out there who took the time to sign in and make a hateful comment is going to hear what I have to say. Because guys who take the time to do that are losers in the first place.

They did it on here under the news section and yeah man I gotta say I got mad. Im tired of this internet narcissism . I would waste a lot of time if I commented on all the stuff I don't like.

I kept quiet when Metallica released Lulu but I stuck up for St. Anger when it needed to be defended.
Quote by fte85
They did it on here under the news section and yeah man I gotta say I got mad. Im tired of this internet narcissism

I'm not sure if I'd call it that. It's just their opinion, you know. I think that Super Collider sounds like generic buttrock, but I'm not saying that to make you feel bad. I'm saying it because I think that's the case.

Just a tip, don't get mad over anything that happens online. If people actually hate the album, that's their own opinion and you can't argue with that without being a huge dick. If they "hate" it just to get on the bandwagon, they're just trolling and you shouldn't care. Anyway, if someone doesn't like something you do, it's their own problem, not yours.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by fte85
Now you are getting it. Every keyboard warrior out there who took the time to sign in and make a hateful comment is going to hear what I have to say. Because guys who take the time to do that are losers in the first place.

They did it on here under the news section and yeah man I gotta say I got mad. Im tired of this internet narcissism . I would waste a lot of time if I commented on all the stuff I don't like.

I kept quiet when Metallica released Lulu but I stuck up for St. Anger when it needed to be defended.

Super Collider sucked. Lulu sucked. St. Anger sucked. The Black Album sucked. Hell Awaits sucked. Demon Bitch sucks. Trivium sucks. Crystal Logic sucks.

Alright, who wants to get pissy and cry that someone gave an irrelevant, negative opinion on their favorite albums and bands? Ripe internet narcissism here ready to be argued into the ground with!
But. Hell Awaits, Demon Bitch, and Crystal Logic don't suck.

No one gets mad when we tell the nubs that their music sucks, but don't think I will stand by idly while you insult good music because if you do insult those bands, then you suck!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
You're doing it wrong. Ya gotta got make a thread about the injustice done towards you and how you're gonna fuck up the keyboard warrior(me) that has caused this injustice by making me read said thread.
Super Collider is shit. Fite me.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
I think everybody learned an important lesson on how to have your opinion neither seen nor heard. I see somebody is Milford Academy alumni.
I thought that the music was boring and the lyrics sounded like Alex Jones and Art Bell conversing whilst on acid.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Crystal Logic sucks.

Wow I bet you don't even have a girlfriend because you sit around all day talking about shit you don't even like lol go get a job i bet you sit around your moms house drinking montain dew and eating hot pockets cuz youdont even have a life and sit around all day at your keyboard being a troll and trying to impose your opinions on others bcuz its the only thing in your life you feel you have control of and your teachers inschool didnt encourage you enough and you think your funny but your not

tell you what funny man i howbout i cross reference your ip address and lets see how funny you are irl

thats right i know where you live

funny man
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Megadeth made an album after Rust in Peace?
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Oct 5, 2015,
Quote by Kytokinesis
Wow I bet you don't even have a girlfriend because you sit around all day talking about shit you don't even like lol go get a job i bet you sit around your moms house drinking montain dew and eating hot pockets cuz youdont even have a life and sit around all day at your keyboard being a troll and trying to impose your opinions on others bcuz its the only thing in your life you feel you have control of and your teachers inschool didnt encourage you enough and you think your funny but your not

tell you what funny man i howbout i cross reference your ip address and lets see how funny you are irl

thats right i know where you live

funny man

Your post made me laugh, so, I guess...that means...

YOURE THE FUNNY MAN
Quote by Ironic Maiden
If I see anyone trash Hell Awaits again, I'm literally going to cry ;_;

Smell Awaits, this album stinks
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Super Collider sucked. Lulu sucked. St. Anger sucked. The Black Album sucked. Hell Awaits sucked. Demon Bitch sucks. Trivium sucks. Crystal Logic sucks.

Alright, who wants to get pissy and cry that someone gave an irrelevant, negative opinion on their favorite albums and bands? Ripe internet narcissism here ready to be argued into the ground with!

You are a ho.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
Super Collider is shit. Fite me.

This, also.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Quote by fte85

That's literally the exact thing you did by making this thread.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well the simple reason is that Supercollider is probably the weakest album they have put out since Risk back in 1999. All of the songs are forgettable.

ron666
Everyone likes what they like, it's really that simple OP. I like classic Megadeth from the 80's and 90's up until Risk. After that it's been hit and miss with songs VS entire albums. It's the same for me with Metallica. After the black album they died... to me Load & Reload , St.Anger are how most feel about LULU. I haven't bought anything from them since (Album wise). I still buy classic merch when it comes up, t-shirts, patches, stickers.

IMO today's metal is gimmicky & generic. But going around ripping on people because they don't like what you like is only going to make them think you're an asshole. You're just going to have to learn to respect different opinions and loosen up, it's just music.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.