https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EzEIkZW5w

• An interesting Video (Greek spoken - English translation) that might help you solve hum problems from your guitar .
• On internet you will find many complaints , problems such as:
• '' There is a constant hum in the amplifier, which usually decreases when I touch the metal end of the connector cable ... .. ' '
• this video is the cause to discuss guitar hum problem experiences either from Piezo or Transducer Disk or Magnet Pick ups and the way for their solution
• It also describes how to have from your guitar 2 outputs (piezo & transducer) connected to 2 different amps on 2 different room positions
Last edited by stefanos604 at Oct 4, 2015,
Hum is either a bad ground, a bad cable with a ground fault, a poorly shielded cable / preamp / control cavity, and/or the occasional polarity error between AC powered equipment. Then of course there's the hum source to end all hum sources, the single coil pickup.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 4, 2015,
I've put together any number of piezo pickups for my collection of cigar-box guitars... They are all quite silent.

I used to get "microphonic" noises from the body of the instrument but mounting the piezos on silicone seal gel solved that. I use shielded cable, solid solder joints and other standard wiring techniques.

Also, very cheap instrument cables can be quite microphonic....As I discovered while tapping my foot!