Hi guys!
How are you?
Here I am hoping to have this problem solved

I have a PRS S2 CU24 and although im not an expert on whammy bar effects I've never had a problem using the trem arm on my guitar till today...

Whan rehaersing Kirk Hammet's solo from master of puppets, I tried the whammy bar effect on the harmonic but suddenly the bridge snapped out of its place!
I don't understand... it was perfectly rested over its 6 mounting screws and suddenly it was out of it... I detuned the guitar, loosen springs, put it again on its right place over the mounting screws, tightened strings, tunned, ajusted springs and everything was fine to play again, decided to test the floating movement and... again it snaped out of its place...

Ive repeated the proces like 30 times, no kidding and I can't use the trem arm without the bridge jumping out of it's place...

Please if someone knows what is going on please tell me!

P.D. My guitar came with 3 springs, I decided to add two more cause I read somewhere it improved stability, it's the only thing I've done... weird enough, when I want to go back to 3 springs I couldn't get the bridge to float at 1.6mm like it should, when using 3 springs, the bridge floats way to high than it should, now I only can have it at 1.6 mm by using the 5 springs, I tell you this in case this is somehow!

Thanks

Here are some pics and a video I recorded of the moment that the bridge pops out of its place:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-Dp2VII_hX4Wm1EQzBKVU1lTDQ&usp=sharing
Last edited by carpercen at Oct 5, 2015,
How about posting pics in the on and off position?

BTW whenever you change something in a tremolo guitar like this one you need to rebalance string tension by shortening lengthening the springs by moving the claw back and forth.
Moving on.....
If you are trying for that one high pitch squeal it was the E string slipping off the fretboard as he pulled up the arm. One of those happy accidents of music.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
No, not tha one, the harmonic at 6th fret on thr G string, but the point is that even with small movement of trem arm, the bridge disengages from the mounting screws... I dnt know what else to do...
Quote by KenG
How about posting pics in the on and off position?

BTW whenever you change something in a tremolo guitar like this one you need to rebalance string tension by shortening lengthening the springs by moving the claw back and forth.

Sry, i should have figured it out, give me a moment i'll post the pics
Well good news is PRS have a lifetime warranty.

I have had a old CE22 since 2004 and I have had no issues wi8th the trem on mine, but it is also the USA made trem and the S2 has a Korean made trem
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well good news is PRS have a lifetime warranty.

I have had a old CE22 since 2004 and I have had no issues wi8th the trem on mine, but it is also the USA made trem and the S2 has a Korean made trem

Hi Robb

I know it has lifetime warranty, but I'm in Mexico and sending the guitar back to US to have it checked would cost me almost the same as buying the IRT studio that I wanted... So I'd like to try something and see if I can fix it, so if there is no other way, well... I'll ship it back to sweetwater to have it checked...