Page 1 of 2
that shit is long and i need my cpu capacity or whatever scans take up

how often do you virus scan?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
like once a week, on a wednesday
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by K33nbl4d3
that shit is long and i need my cpu capacity or whatever scans take up

how often do you virus scan?

Frequently. I have my PC set up to do virus scans late at night.
once a month maybe, i don't download shit and use adblock so i don't accidentally hit dodgey links, so i haven't had a virus in years

i do however use a registry cleaner and run that whenver i remember (will run it now lol), which i cannot recommend doing enough. I use wise registry cleaner, its completely free and works great, it gets stumped on 1/100 bugs, but when it cleans 100+ in one sweep that extra one isn't a huge problem imo
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Registry cleaners are
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33623772
Registry cleaners are

I've told so many people to install them, sent them links ect, they follow it and are amazed at how much faster their PC is. More people need to know about them dammit
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I switched to MSE not too long ago and almost never run virus scans because I haven't had one in a long time. The only times I ever got them was from using cracked software and games and I don't do that anymore. I do still run MBAM every once in a while, but it never finds anything. The last problem I had was from some malware that set my browser's homepage to some other site and every time I tried to search google or browse the web it kept redirecting to their site and a bunch of other annoying crap. That was accidentally installed when I got some other program off of Cnet. It was a pain in the ass to get rid of.
I've never done one in the 5 years I've had my macbook
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Bladez22 at #33623774
I've told so many people to install them, sent them links ect, they follow it and are amazed at how much faster their PC is. More people need to know about them dammit

I've always avoided registry cleaners cause i don't trust them fkin around in there, but I might try it out cause my PC could use all the help it can get.
I think ccleaner has a registry clean function.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
almost never.

and when i do nothing comes up.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Never, #justMacthings
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Gatecrasher53 at #33623805
I've always avoided registry cleaners cause i don't trust them fkin around in there, but I might try it out cause my PC could use all the help it can get.
I think ccleaner has a registry clean function.

It does. I use ccleaner fairly often just for cleaning out all the crap files that build up, and I occasionally use the built in registry cleaner, but I've never really noticed any performance increase. I've also heard multiple times that registry cleaners don't actually help anything, but there's a chance they can cause damage. I think any perceived performance increase is completely psychological. I never had any problems with Ccleaner's registry cleaner and I do still use it sometimes, but only because it has an option to backup the changes before it runs and I do that every time just in case.

http://www.howtogeek.com/171633/why-using-a-registry-cleaner-wont-speed-up-your-pc-or-fix-crashes/

I like to use revo uninstaller when I uninstall programs which automatically scans for files and registry entries related to the program that was uninstalled and lets you remove them.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 4, 2015,
Quote by MeTallIcA313 at #33623907
I haven't in months, I think I'll do it now.

No threats detected
iv been told not to use registry cleaners by many computer techs, they say it does more harm then good.. each their own i guess.
i use avast anti virus, it constantly scans websites and your computer. if i ever visit a dodgy site it blocks me from going there. it scans everything i download and reminds me to do scans every once in awhile. i rarely ever get a virus. i usually will run malwarebytes once a month it tends to find things avast doesnt.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Jan 1, 2016,
Haven't had anti virus installed in years. Its simple, don't download from or view any dodgy websites and hover over dodgy looking links to read the URL before clicking.
Daily. Every day at 3am. My system scans everything on my main hard drive. On Sunday, my PC scans the entire computer and everything on it.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Rocketface2112 at #33623944
thank god the suspense was killing me!!!

ty for the concern
Mines set up daily, just running in the background. My wife on the other hand relies on windows defender, I installed norton on her laptop and we came back with over 1500 trojans and bugs. High score.
Quote by CodeMonk
Day 2: Anti-Virus
Day 2: MBAM
Day 3: SUPERAnti Spyware
Day 4: Spybot
Day 6: GOTO 1

CCleaner every few weeks.

Is this not over kill
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I use malware bytes almost daily as it pops up when I start my pc.
I virus scan every week or so.
I use ccleaner to clean my browsing history and temp files often and I use their registry cleaner when I remember.

id say fairly on top of it and it's all free programs I use
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by WCPhils
I've never done one in the 5 years I've had my macbook

ye
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
A quick scan automatically runs when I start-up (incredibly quick, so I hardly notice it), and I do a full one every week or so (and even that takes like 5-10 minutes).

Registry cleaners are my jam
I read your username as Uncle-Slash for a second just thought I'd let you know
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

For some reason I was thinking you meant like some sort of irl virus scan like you were looking for cancer and I was gonna say like what why would you have had that in the past 5 years?

I honk I have it automatically set up to do it weekly.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Dunno I think Avira does that every now and then automatically ("Luke Filewalker")
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
For some reason I was thinking you meant like some sort of irl virus scan like you were looking for cancer and I was gonna say like what why would you have had that in the past 5 years?

I honk I have it automatically set up to do it weekly.

Honk honk

Like a goose
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
Honk honk

Like a goose

honking is a goose apology

I honk, this is possibly a lie
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

I run Malwarebytes and use to have AVG. I occasionally clean the registry. But haven't had a virus in years.

The best malware protection is common sense. Don't download anything that doesn't have a trustworthy source and you'll be fine.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 5, 2015,
I can't remember the last time I did one. My laptop came with a free trial of Norton, and I used it a few times, but I never bothered after the trial ended. It's probably been almost 3 years.
Quote by FireFromTheVoid at #33624284
honking is a goose apology

I honk, this is possibly a lie

I don't honk you know what you're talking about
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
I don't honk you know what you're talking about

honk you m8
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid at #33624328
honk you m8

what a honker
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Page 1 of 2