I think it is about time for me to venture out into this effect type. Budget is less than $100 USD, since I am not sure I'll like it. For the most part I understand what goes on and I think I will like it, but not sure so I'm keeping it somewhat basic. If a $100 comp isn't worth it, feel free to tell me to bump my budget or get out.

Definitely want it to be subtle, just a little bit of squish and tightness. I would also like an attack knob/function but at $100 it is not too common. I do want pick attack. I would rather buy new but used is okay. I'm looking at a regular Dynacomp mostly. I looked into the EHX Soul Preacher but from what I understand it distorts a lot easier and I'm worried about build quality, and the DC sounds better. As far as styles, P&W music of course. So alt rock, ambient, U2, etc. 9v center negative would be nice. Also needs to be the size of those pedals, no big-uns please. c:

Also looking into the Mooer Yellow, Spark Comp, Joyo.

Thanks!
often when i make "recommend me" threads, i go with what i originally suggested in my op. yes i've noticed that.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 5, 2015,
I have a dynacomp and I'm really pleased. I tried a couple of other comps before purchasing including a CS-3 and a EHX comp 1 of which have tubes. I prefered the Dynacomp. Does not mean that the others were not good but, I favored the dynacomp. The dynacomp does add a lot of character to the sound and is almost like an effect so if you are looking fore something transparent look elsewhere. It is punchy and really helps cutting through. I play a lot of clean stuff with my band and I find this pedal very useful! I tend to add a slight hint of chorus (TC Corona Chorus) using this combination I am able to get a Great tone. Rarely I add overdrive (TS9) or digital delay (DD3). This pedal seems to fit in my rig perfectly.
I would recommend a diamond compressor. I absolutely hated the dynacomp. Noisey, lots of coloration. Utter shit. The Diamond is the way to go for me when it comes around.

Wampler has a nice one too, but it squashes too much for me, but it has a blend knob which is neat.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by diabolical
I love Ed the compressor by Marshall, really transparent, but you'd have to buy used.

Really? Surprised to hear this. I've tried a few of the Marshall pedals, and although the effects themselves were OK the bypass completely killed my clean tone.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I've used maybe half a dozen different ones, and my choice is off-the-wall. - A Boss LMB-3, I like the way the controls work - Threshold and Ratio, it is reasonably transparent for tone and attack, the subtle release can give a nice plunky sound, and the Enhance control can brighten up warm pickups. What more could you ask?

FWIW, I had a custom-built Dyna-Ross,which was switchable between Dynacomp and Ross modes - they have very similar circuits and action. I preferred the warmer tones of the Ross.
Last edited by Tony Done at Oct 6, 2015,