Hi guys!

I recently bought a Mesa/Boogie Mark V 25 for use while I'm at university, so I don't have to lug my EVH 5150 III and EVH 4X12 around excessively. To cut a long story short, it turns out that I really love the 'Mesa' sound, and I'm considering flipping my 5153 and cab for a Rectifier (likely a Dual, although I'm open to the idea of a Triple, but I've never played through one before) and a 2x12 Rectifier cab.

I'm aware that the Mark series and Rectifier series have VERY different characteristics, but I enjoy both sides of the Mesa coin very much, and I can only imagine running both at once through an ABY or something similar would be tonal heaven, though if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

Before I make the jump from EVH to Mesa, I thought I'd ask you people that know far more than me on this kind of thing, has anyone had experience or owned both of these amps before? I know the obvious differences between the two, and I've played a Dual Recto in my local Mesa dealer before, but trying amps out in a shop is never the same as taking one home and getting to know it that much better.

Obviously the final call is still down to me, but I'd love to hear your opinions on the pros and cons of both amps, and whether you have any preference between the two and why.

Thanks in advance for any information/opinions/advice you guys may want to share!
Last edited by JDR3009 at Oct 5, 2015,
Why would you get a DR or TR over the 25 watter?

I'm in your boat now and trying out a few more smaller amps other than the Mini Rec/Rectoverb 25. I think that I'll wind up with one though. I know quite a few others who bounce between Mark and Recto though so you're far from alone.