Page 1 of 3
I mean look at this:

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Stupid English.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Anyone smart will have stocked up on free plastic bags in anticipation of this 5p charge. I myself have many plastic bags to choose from.
I have nothing important to say
While I'm a little iffy on SUPERMARKETS getting the money for it, I'm glad some curbing of use of plastic bags might take place. People are offensively wasteful with the things and treat them as though they can be thrown on a compost heap after one use.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Do you have them when you need them though

Like when picking up a meal deal from Tesco after a 2 hour train journey

"Drat I have so many bags but they are all at home"

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
We've had this in Scotland for a while now. It's really, really not a big deal. Five fuckin' pence - fuck-a-doodle-doo.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
About time we introduced it, the amount of carrier bag tumbleweeds around was pretty disgraceful

Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33624520

5p tho, five whole pennies, is it really that much of an inconvenience?

5p charge for being a pleb and not planning ahead, the pleb tax
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Oct 5, 2015,
Quote by guitarist41
We've had this in Scotland for a while now. It's really, really not a big deal. Five fuckin' pence - fuck-a-doodle-doo.

That, and I have at least half a dozen in the car.

Not much help if I've been on the bus, but still.
Gotta get some of those nicer cloth grocery bags (idk what they're called) and keep them in your car for whenever you need to shop.

We have some stores around here that don't even have bags. You either bring your own or just load everything into your car individually.
Quote by Banjocal
While I'm a little iffy on SUPERMARKETS getting the money for it, I'm glad some curbing of use of plastic bags might take place. People are offensively wasteful with the things and treat them as though they can be thrown on a compost heap after one use.

didn't realise the supermarkets were gettin it DAMN. i work in tesco and it has made a big difference. it's stupid but most people would rather drop their shopping everywhere than pay 5 fucking pence for a bag. plenty of smart people remembered to bring their bags for life as well.
Over here in America I can double up on plastic bags AND use paper too #LandOfTheFree
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
How many bags would you need to use for that to be meaningfully expensive? How much stuff would you have to buy to fill up all those bags?
Quote by institutions
Gotta get some of those nicer cloth grocery bags (idk what they're called) and keep them in your car for whenever you need to shop.

Plastic bags are fucking useless anyway
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Aeolian Harmony at #33624658
How many bags would you need to use for that to be meaningfully expensive? How much stuff would you have to buy to fill up all those bags?

a lot of tea
Quote by Rossenrot
Take down the Union Jack

It clashes with the sunset, representative of the empire.

In Wales we have been doing this for ages. I've become adept at carrying weeks worth of shopping in my hands.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

We've had it in Scotland for quite a while, it's going to be funny when I come home from uni at Christmas and all my mates start bitching about it even though they're at rah unis like Durham and Exeter and therefore 5p makes no difference to their lives at all.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by EndTheRapture51

it doesn't apply if you buy items in a train station, although I've never seen a tesco in a train station.

however, it is worth noting that the supermarkets aren't getting any money for it. it's all, minus vat and production cost, going to charity
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
just get a bunch of the larger and more durable bags.

I actually used to bring my massive backpack and put all the heavy stuff in it. I weighed the backpack when it was full of the food I bought, and I could usually get about 25-35kg, depending on how bulky the food was
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I think they straight up banned them altogether in L.A.

Where I live though walking the streets the real garbage is all the blunt wraps, condoms/condom wrappers, and fast food paraphernalia.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
It was hard to get used to the idea of paying for plastic bags but my reusabe bags and cart are super cute. And it does limit how much I buy when I get groceries which is always a good thing.
cat
Quote by WCPhils
Over here in America I can double up on plastic bags AND use paper too #LandOfTheFree

Yeah sorry buddy a shit ton of places in America already do this

Only a true American would have known that
Quote by guitarxo
It was hard to get used to the idea of paying for plastic bags but my reusabe bags and cart are super cute. And it does limit how much I buy when I get groceries which is always a good thing.

do you have one of the cute old lady trollies

because I want one

Quote by EndTheRapture51
do you have one of the cute old lady trollies

because I want one

Yes mine is dark gray with swirly patterns of white polka dots
cat
See I'd love one of them because I hate carrying bags it makes me sweaty but I feel like I'd forfiet what remains of my fragile masculinity

Quote by EndTheRapture51
See I'd love one of them because I hate carrying bags it makes me sweaty but I feel like I'd forfiet what remains of my fragile masculinity

I see all kinds of people using them where I live. I was apprehensive about it at first but I honestly can't carry anything heavy without wrecking my body (I bought a gallon of water and some other groceries after class a few days ago and could barely carry them home which was a 10 minute walk, and when I got home my shoulders were red and my wrists and knees hurt a lot) so idgaf what anyone thinks anymore. Same reason why I almost always use my backpack instead of my beautiful shoulder bags, and I can't remember the last time I wore heels.
cat
Here's an idea, why not put a fucking sponsor on the bag, so the bags will be paid for by corporations that make goods that are sold at that or other stores.

The bags free, but it has an ad for a TV show on it, yippy.

Fucking english, learn capitalism for fucks sake.

And those cheap bastards will fucking thank king/candycrush for paying for their fucking plastic bag just because they slapped an ad on it.

Anyway I I rarely buy more than I can carry and in america you can wheel a cart to your car and just throw shit in it anyway.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 5, 2015,
Quote by stratkat
Here's an idea, why not put a fucking sponsor on the bag, so the bags will be paid for by corporations that make goods that are sold at that or other stores.

The bags free, but it has an ad for a TV show on it, yippy.

Fucking english, learn capitalism for fucks sake.

And those cheap bastards will fucking thank king/candycrush for paying for their fucking plastic bag just because they slapped an ad on it.

Anyway I I rarely buy more than I can carry and in america you can wheel a cart to your car and just throw shit in it anyway.

It's not to do with covering the cost of the bags, it's to do with trying to stop people from using plastic non-reusable bags so they don't have more bags around to damage the environment and stuff
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/pathetic-little-twat-cant-wait-to-argue-over-5p-bag-charge-20151005102605

Quote by stratkat at #33624858

You can here

It's just the problem of then getting it from the car into the house
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Fatlumpthe1st
It's not to do with covering the cost of the bags, it's to do with trying to stop people from using plastic non-reusable bags so they don't have more bags around to damage the environment and stuff

Plastic's made from polymers from plants, it's a renewable resource, we're not gonna run out bro.

But my serious answer is they still have plastic bags, they just cost 5p now, it's not doing anything for the enviroment. Also it's a non-issue for me like I said. Also unless you live somewhere like an apartment above ground floor, carrying groceries in a few at a time is also a nonissue.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 5, 2015,
Quote by Trowzaa
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/pathetic-little-twat-cant-wait-to-argue-over-5p-bag-charge-20151005102605

You can here

It's just the problem of then getting it from the car into the house

Car-house. Freedom means a home with a steering wheel.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Banjocal

there's literally no downside to this. every juristiction it's been introduced in has had a massive reduction in pollution, so I don't give a fuck if it means Tesco get a few extra mil a year
Quote by stratkat at #33624872
Plastic's made from polymers from plants, it's a renewable resource, we're not gonna run out bro.

no, plastic itself is bad for the environment.

The Great Pacific garbage patch has one of the highest levels known of plastic particulate suspended in the upper water column. As a result, it is one of several oceanic regions where researchers have studied the effects and impact of plastic photodegradation in the neustonic layer of water. Unlike organic debris, which biodegrades, the photodegraded plastic disintegrates into ever smaller pieces while remaining a polymer. This process continues down to the molecular level. As the plastic flotsam photodegrades into smaller and smaller pieces, it concentrates in the upper water column. As it disintegrates, the plastic ultimately becomes small enough to be ingested by aquatic organisms that reside near the ocean's surface. In this way, plastic may become concentrated in neuston, thereby entering the food chain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_garbage_patch
Quote by LostLegion at #33624892
The fuck is all the pandemonium about. Getting a plastic bag here costs like 22c.

>ireland tho
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 3