All these arguments about gun control and what not has me riled up so need a change of pace. I want to bring up another topic that I personally was involved in and it bothers me a great deal.

My fiance lost her dog that she raised better in the past 14 years than most parents raise their children.

2 weeks later she was still distraught and missed the love in the house and I too felt the emptiness of no longer having him. So we wanted to give a pup a loving home. We tried the shelter/adopt/etc. but they make it as hard if not harder if we were to adopt a child. They wanted phone interviews, face-to-face interviews, they wanted to stop by our home, they wanted to do unscheduled visits of our home after the dog is here for years and if they didn't like anything they saw they would take the dog away.

Things that caused us hassle.
1. We both work full time
2. I have a kid
3. Not enough land (keep in mind we have over an acre)
The crap they came up with we were like "No wonder there are so many dogs and cats without homes" for unless you fit their credentials to a "T" you are fighting an uphill battle.

So we went to breeders and we have a new Beagle that is happy as a claim and loved. He brought love to us and we love him right back.

We want to save and do good where we can, but if you make it damn near impossible no wonder so many will not bother.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
My dogs are both rescues. The German Shepherd was a stray (my neighbor found him)
and my golden retriever was a rescue. I found him in one of my costumers yards and they had him chained to a tree. The guy traveled for work and had his daughter stop by every few days to feed him. So he said I could have him papers and everything
Last edited by Magnumopus7001 at Oct 5, 2015,
Quote by fingerguy
My fiance lost her dog that she raised better in the past 14 years than most parents raise their children.

Most parents are able to keep track of their children and not lose them...
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Most parents are able to keep track of their children and not lose them...

I was not clear, she didn't lose him in the sense we do not know where he is. He died. He was put to sleep.
Trade it in for a racoon. Those are so cute
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
maybe you should just buy more guns and put little ears on them
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Should have adopted cats instead
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by fingerguy
All these arguments about gun control and what not has me riled up so need a change of pace. I want to bring up another topic that I personally was involved in and it bothers me a great deal.

2 weeks later she was still distraught and missed the love in the house and I too felt the emptiness of no longer having him. So we wanted to give a pup a loving home. We tried the shelter/adopt/etc. but they make it as hard if not harder if we were to adopt a child. They wanted phone interviews, face-to-face interviews, they wanted to stop by our home, they wanted to do unscheduled visits of our home after the dog is here for years and if they didn't like anything they saw they would take the dog away.

Things that caused us hassle.
1. We both work full time
2. I have a kid
3. Not enough land (keep in mind we have over an acre)
The crap they came up with we were like "No wonder there are so many dogs and cats without homes" for unless you fit their credentials to a "T" you are fighting an uphill battle.

So we went to breeders and we have a new Beagle that is happy as a claim and loved. He brought love to us and we love him right back.

We want to save and do good where we can, but if you make it damn near impossible no wonder so many will not bother.

it's not like that here when you adopt, not at all. Unscheduled visits?... For years!!!
Here it's like if you're willing to pay a few bucks for the shots and stuff they figure chances are you'll be okay.
We got a half Beagle half miniature pincher who loved everybody and everybody loved. Then we got a purebred min pin at the pound. He's a great dog too . Excellent watchdog , he doesn't love everybody, just us.
My family bought all three of our dogs from various families.

We tried adopting one but they said no because there was a pool and they didn't want to the dog to drown. lol ok, don't want you're apparently retarded dog anyway.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by yope
it's not like that here when you adopt, not at all. Unscheduled visits?... For years!!!
Here it's like if you're willing to pay a few bucks for the shots and stuff they figure chances are you'll be okay.
We got a half Beagle half miniature pincher who loved everybody and everybody loved. Then we got a purebred min pin at the pound. He's a great dog too . Excellent watchdog , he doesn't love everybody, just us.

Trust me we tried. There was one dog that really stuck out to us that has been in the shelter for 2 years and we learned we were not the only ones trying. They are that picky to the point you have to question, do they really want to give this dog a home?
I've encountered places like what TS has described, and I agree that they make rescuing a dog way more difficult than it should be. However, not all places are like that. I rescued my lovable pooch from a breed specific agency. They had requirements for the yard size and fencing because of the type of breed and it's tendency to escape enclosures, but that's totally justifiable.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by flexiblemile
wait, isn't this the fap thread?

No.
Get a cat you don't have to look after them

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Unfortunately too many people don't know how or don't want to look after their pets properly which i guess is why they do this. But it's way better than the alternative
cat
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Get a cat you don't have to look after them

We have 2 and now a new Beagle.
Quote by fingerguy
I was not clear, she didn't lose him in the sense we do not know where he is. He died. He was put to sleep.

But parents shouldn't put their kids to sleep, unless...you know...they are actually putting them to sleep, and not "putting them to sleep".

Because that would be pretty shitty parenting.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
But parents shouldn't put their kids to sleep, unless...you know...they are actually putting them to sleep, and not "putting them to sleep".

Because that would be pretty shitty parenting.

have adopted every dog I've owned since I was born.

puppies are a hassle
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day