My father showed up today after I got off work with a guitar case. Opened it up and was greeted with a beautiful Dean VMNT Tiger's Eye Mustaine model. Was used apparently but it is mint from what I could tell. Fired it up earlier and it plays very good and sounds amazing. Was a nice surprise for sure!
Quote by grouchpunk08
Damn, that's a sweet guitar!

Cool!

Hope ya have fun.

Yes I love it. Was definitely surprised. Early Christmas present
Nice! Hmm, my dad has some splainin to do.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Yes! Another "V" man! And since you're possibly a Mustaine fan...Possible thrash fan?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by GraceByDeath
Yes! Another "V" man! And since you're possibly a Mustaine fan...Possible thrash fan?

Yes! My first V but I do love thrash.
Wow that looks awesome!!! As a Mustaine and Megadeth fan, I'm jealous of you, ahahahahhaha

Does it has the Dave Mustaine Livewire Active pickups? They are very good, I like them quiet a lot. I will have a VMNT, someday...

Congrats on the new guitar, and what an awesome dad that you have
Last edited by DanyFS at Oct 6, 2015,
whenever my dad comes back from work with a surprise, it's always just a beating.

Nice axe, congrats!
Quote by DanyFS
Wow that looks awesome!!! As a Mustaine and Megadeth fan, I'm jealous of you, ahahahahhaha

Does it has the Dave Mustaine Livewire Active pickups? They are very good, I like them quiet a lot. I will a VMNT, someday...

Congrats on the new guitar, and what an awesome dad that you have

Yep it has the Livewires in it. They sound great indeed. Will take me a bit to get used to playing a V (I sit down more than I stand) but I love it so far. Has a few frets on the high E that are a little buzzy, but I will take it in soon for a set up + adjustment for my preferred string gauge.
Awesome! Make sure to get your dad a nice steak dinner to say thanks. HNGD!
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
It took me a second or two to get used to my V, but after I got used to it, it is very comfortable to play. Congrats on the NGD, and double congrats on an ADD (Awesome Dad Day!).
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by Dinglebuttz
Yep it has the Livewires in it. They sound great indeed. Will take me a bit to get used to playing a V (I sit down more than I stand) but I love it so far. Has a few frets on the high E that are a little buzzy, but I will take it in soon for a set up + adjustment for my preferred string gauge.

As bobafetta said above, you'll get used to it in no time. Vs are amazing for playing both sitting down and standing up. You could try to set up the guitar yourself, but if the frets need leveling or something, better take it to a tech. If it just needs a truss rod and action adjustment, you could do it yourself, it's nothing too difficult and you'll get to know the instrument better
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DanyFS
As bobafetta said above, you'll get used to it in no time. Vs are amazing for playing both sitting down and standing up. You could try to set up the guitar yourself, but if the frets need leveling or something, better take it to a tech. If it just needs a truss rod and action adjustment, you could do it yourself, it's nothing too difficult and you'll get to know the instrument better

Yeah, I'd feel more comfortable with a tech looking at this one. I have 45 days to return it if there is a problem as long as it's in the same shape as when I bought it. I'd feel more comfortable having an experienced tech look at it for now to either get it all fixed up or to tell me to return it (which I shouldn't have to do, fret buzz is an easy fix generally). I just don't wanna screw it up and void my return period for now

Now I just need to work on Holy Wars some more so I am not embarrassing the guitar with my terrible chops!
Quote by Dinglebuttz
Yeah, I'd feel more comfortable with a tech looking at this one. I have 45 days to return it if there is a problem as long as it's in the same shape as when I bought it. I'd feel more comfortable having an experienced tech look at it for now to either get it all fixed up or to tell me to return it (which I shouldn't have to do, fret buzz is an easy fix generally). I just don't wanna screw it up and void my return period for now

Now I just need to work on Holy Wars some more so I am not embarrassing the guitar with my terrible chops!

I see, that way it may be better to take it to a tech then.

Good luck with Holy Wars! I still didn't challenged myself to try to learn it. I will in a couple of months, when I feel a bit more prepared for it.
Haha thanks. I can halfway do the rhythm, the solos are definitely years out of my league!
I learned to hold a V with this basic sitting position in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy_HUgPZKE
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Took it to my tech for a setup yesterday and he discovered a semi loose fret. He fixed that and shaved it down just a hair and got the neck all straightened out. No more fret buzz! He did mention that the nut that is on there now will probably need to be replaced eventually since the grooves are cut too low which will cause issues with buzzing later. He told me he could cut me a new one out of bone for $50. Sounds reasonable, and should be better than the one that is on there now. Took it home and played it for an hour. Plays so smooth and good now!
Quote by GraceByDeath
I learned to hold a V with this basic sitting position in mind.

I love V 'S and variants thereof, that is how I have always played mine when sitting, people weird out about it but it is a no brainer!

Dinglebuttz do you think you could convince your Dad to adopt me? Or would I be cutting in on your gifts! Seriously that is a beautiful guitar I am a Mustaine fan as well and luckily you have managed to avoid the anti-Dean contingency so far (there are a few haters) I have a 2009 Dean Splittail made in Korea and it is awesome!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I love V 'S and variants thereof, that is how I have always played mine when sitting, people weird out about it but it is a no brainer!

Dinglebuttz do you think you could convince your Dad to adopt me? Or would I be cutting in on your gifts! Seriously that is a beautiful guitar I am a Mustaine fan as well and luckily you have managed to avoid the anti-Dean contingency so far (there are a few haters) I have a 2009 Dean Splittail made in Korea and it is awesome!

Haha, I have a 98-01 Dean Z Select as well. I have no issues with Dean. My Z plays every bit as good as any guitar I've played.