I wanted to get myself a new overdrive/tubescreamer kind of pedal for about £40-£50 (about $60 - $75). Does anyone have anything to recommend me? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by MrMetalLover at Oct 6, 2015,
Quote by adetheheat
err how about a tubescreamer ?! Second hand one would be that price

A new one isn't much extra...
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_ts_mini.htm
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Digitech bad monkey or joyo vintage od if you want the tube screamer sound.
Digitech screaming blues or boss bd if you want a more luesy sound.
Boss od-1 if you want something different.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I vote for Joyo (or Harley Benton in the UK/Europe) Vintage Overdrive. I have one and i don't plan on buying anything else right now.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I'm going to suggest my new favorite OD: Boss SD-1. Cheap, simple, built like a tank, and great tones across the whole range
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
+1 for the SD-1. Good pedal for the dough, and can easily be modded to make it even better.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Ts9 = $99.00
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
sd1 is great, though it's not identical to a ts and can have bypass bleed if you don't put another buffered pedal in front (funnily enough the cheapo daphon clone of it doesn't seem to have this problem).

considering you can get the ts mini for not much over budget i'd be tempted to go with that, assuming you don't need extra features and just want a bog standard regular tubescreamer (I haven't tried it, though). There have been complaints about joyo reliability, and while the bad monkey is great for the money (and the bass control is very handy), it has a tendency to sound a little "muffled".

Quote by Clark Griswold
Ts9 = $99.00

not here it's not. it's actually more than that in pounds, usually.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out the Digitech Hardwire CM2. They sell for about $40, used, in the US. I got mine as a throw in to even a trade and I wasn't overly impressed at first but the more I used it the more I dug it. Its a solid od pedal from gritty boost to medium crunch, gets along awesomely with any dirt pedal I try stacking it with, has "Classic" and "Modified" settings for added versatility (I've noticed I use "Classic" for humbuckers, "Modified" for single coils). My ears prefer the CM2 over the TS9, Soul Food, SD1, Bad Monkey and...gasp...Full-Drive 2 (For my purposes. The FD2 is far superior if you're only running a single OD/Dist/Compressor but the CM2 sounds good and gets along well with other pedals, for me it works better and booted the FD2, and the others, off my pedalboard).
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Love my Bad Monkey. I've only had good experiences with the Joyo pedals as well. Either should work perfectly and they don't hit your wallet too hard.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Thanks for the recommendations. I found out that the TS Mini has got cheaper since I last checked but I need a power supply with it and since I'm only going to be using the one pedal I thought I wouldn't bother. I listened to some sound samples as well and the Bad Monkey does it for me.
I have a Bad monkey and it is decent for the price. But I have removed it from my board and I'm using a GFS Greenie classic and I like it better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate