i dont know what to decide. To me, the vox ac30 has always been the dream, but now that i realize it. Its not really used in the genres that i'm REALLY INTO
i like the old school 50s rock and rock
chuck berry
little richard
elvis
dion
etc... but can the vox even achieve that kind of tone? i know fender amps are better but which one specifically would be best for it? i guess i'm asking which fender amp is the competitor with vox's ac30...
i honestly dont know why i want an ac30 that bad, i can't really think of a specific tone that i know comes from brit amps, i just know lots of bands used them

give me some examples of vox's and fender's amps and songs where they're used. i seem to be having a massive brain fart, all though it may be because its 12:30
Not specific enough. Not to mention that the guys you have listed all used different amps. And those amps were cranked like crazy to their signature sound. Can you realistically or do you expect to be able to play at that volume?

Chuck used a Dual Showman, no idea what any guitarist for Little Richard is using or has used, Scotty More used an EchoSonic amp. Dion and the Belmonts - probably a 59 Bassman. Then you're talking speaker set up as well. Chuck used a 2x15. Dion 4x10. A lot of variables.

A Vox AC30 doesn't sound like a Fender, nor does a Bassman sound like a Showman. It's not a clear cut - Fender vs Vox thing.

Not sure what you're implying with the Tele/AC30 or ES335/Fender thing either. As an ES335 sounds fine with an AC30 just as a Tele sounds fine with a Fender.

If you like the AC30 tone, that might be why you want one. I like my AC30. I don't much care for Fender circuits. But that is me.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by GuitarNewbee
i dont know what to decide. To me, the vox ac30 has always been the dream, but now that i realize it. Its not really used in the genres that i'm REALLY INTO
i like the old school 50s rock and rock
chuck berry
little richard
elvis
dion
etc... but can the vox even achieve that kind of tone? i know fender amps are better but which one specifically would be best for it? i guess i'm asking which fender amp is the competitor with vox's ac30...
i honestly dont know why i want an ac30 that bad, i can't really think of a specific tone that i know comes from brit amps, i just know lots of bands used them

give me some examples of vox's and fender's amps and songs where they're used. i seem to be having a massive brain fart, all though it may be because its 12:30

Just buy your dream gear and then find your own guitar sound.
Eventually you will get the gear jones again and pick out something else. It is what we do.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by ThunderPunk

Not sure what you're implying with the Tele/AC30 or ES335/Fender thing either. As an ES335 sounds fine with an AC30 just as a Tele sounds fine with a Fender.

this.

there should be four combinations to your thought, not two. pick the guitar that feels better, then pick out the amp that sounds better with it. or vise-versa.

i would go with a tele through a fender amp myself. but that is MILES away from a ES335 with a AC30.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
When looking for a cool rock n roll setup i think you have to ask yourself one question:
What did Marty Mc'Fly use? I think it was like a Gibson ES-345 with a Bigsby on and some kind of Fender amp.There is your answer.