Setting up a line6 hd500 in to a PA and I am just wondering if this is the right or best way? would also like to know what other folks are doing ? Two active speaks into Yamaha MG06 mixer xlr out - HD500x unbalanced outputs L/mono and R/mono into mixer 1/4 line in L/mono and R/mono, also the cable wont be long for the unbalanced outputs-
There is no best way. its all up to preference. I run it through a tube power amp into a cab. I plan to later split between straight to PA and Cab through a flat response power amp.

it all sounds good.
Gear:
PRS custom 24 (2000)
PodHD500x (cause i'm poor, upgrade soon)
Custom power amp
Homemade 2x12 (celestion V30 + G12H creamback)

HORSES BLEW FIRE (My band)
Quote by AEnesidem
There is no best way. its all up to preference. I run it through a tube power amp into a cab. I plan to later split between straight to PA and Cab through a flat response power amp.

it all sounds good.
I was referring more to the way to connect to a pa like you could use the xlr on the hd500 to mixer but I know with the hd500 it is mic level and not sure if it would sound to low - I guess I might try out both, also I guess you could even use a di box but not sure how that would sound .
Quote by dazzzer30
I know with the hd500 it is mic level
None of the pod's outputs are mic level AFAIK.

The way you're setting things up is the best with the gear you have.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.