Here in the Midwest there is a man called "Bikini" he is a legend in the Hot Rod world having been custom pin striping and airbrushing cars for 50+ years. He is friends with my brother and I was lucky enough to meet him and to have him throw down some old school hot rod pin striping on my Jackson DKMGT that was already hot rodded with a set of EMG 81's w/18 volt mod and afterburner, now she looks as good as she sounds!

The pictures don't really do it justice the yellow striping is actually chartreuse green but you get the picture!

He is 76 years old and his hand is steady as ever!

My lucky number "9"

The backside is totally bitchin' I requested the number 9 but other than that I just let him do his thing, he asked if I wanted it mild or wild LOL, of course I said "wild"!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

To be honest, I don't like it.

But as long as you like it, that's all that matters.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The back looks pretty cool but I don't like the design on the front at all. To me it just makes the guitar look cheap, almost like a child's toy guitar.
GUITAR COMPANIES - Contact me if you'd like to sponsor my signature!
Quote by mockbel
The design of the paint is cool but colors are not that nice for me...

The colors are not represented well in the pictures, It is an homage to old School hot rods from the 60's bright colors were common, that said it may not be for everyone but growing up with the hot rod styling's of Von Dutch, George Barris, and Ed "Big Daddy" Roth I think it looks badass, maybe I am just too old!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

I think it's pretty cool. DKMGs while awesome guitars (I know mine's my favorite) they're pretty common. Really sets yours apart from the pack. The shapes are nicely done. I think if those were sloppy it would look tacky but they're not.
If you're going for that hot rod theme, needs more chrome
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Baconjerky
I think it's pretty cool. DKMGs while awesome guitars (I know mine's my favorite) they're pretty common. Really sets yours apart from the pack. The shapes are nicely done. I think if those were sloppy it would look tacky but they're not.

Yes the work is top notch, the man has been striping since the early 1960's and this is all done freehand, he still has a steady hand considering he is 76 years old!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by TheStig1214
If you're going for that hot rod theme, needs more chrome

I hear you, only my Jazzmaster and Parrallaxe have chrome hardware, the Fender is a tobacco burst and the Washburn is a quilt top neither lend themselves to striping
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's pretty cool man. I liked how he used the guitar shape and turned it into flames. Flames and metal go together so this makes the guitar pretty special.
pretty cool!

my cousins and uncle are big in the motorcycle industry, my uncle runs a dyno rig across the country, and my cousins work for him a little bit and in shops.

i am more the car type though,.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm a big hot rod/muscle car guy and think this is pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if he painted at least one of my grandfathers dragsters back during the '60s-'70s. FYI...This thread really should be in "The official pictures of your gear thread" instead of in here though.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I'm a big hot rod/muscle car guy and think this is pretty cool. I wouldn't be surprised if he painted at least one of my grandfathers dragsters back during the '60s-'70s. FYI...This thread really should be in "The official pictures of your gear thread" instead of in here though.

Thanks,

Bikini did indeed do a lot of stripng on racing cars, he did a lot of business at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway doing custom paint on the Indy cars and the driver's helmets every may for the 500. It was great to meet him and pretty amazing to have him stripe the guitar, I'll be taking another one to him after all of the Xmas expenses are done!

After I posted I thought that I probably should have posted in the gear pics thread and figured that Roc would move it but I guess it's not too far off base here
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge