Page 1 of 2
Any hot sauce fanatics here? Figured we talk about the hot stuff since someone asked about changing rice and my recommendation was to add hot sauce. While it's not the hottest thing i personally love it and put it almost on everything: sriracha. Hell I even own a sriracha t-shirt.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by guitarxo
sriracha is shit

agre. like bacon, it is a mediocre food that somehow became an internet deity.

here is a thing I like:

tobasco is ick just it is just like "haha here is hot!" and it doesn't really have a flavour, except hot. Which is crap.

I'm a fan of salsa verde. Not a typical 'hot sauce', but it's salsa and it's v nice

that's pr much it

to be honest, I think hot sauce itself is stupid overrated, because you shouldn't have to add something after the meal has been cooked, to make it good. It's like steak sauce. If you have to add sauce to a steak, it's a crap steak
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Okay sriracha haters. What do you recommend?

Quote by Baby Joel

here is a thing I like:

tobasco is ick just it is just like "haha here is hot!" and it doesn't really have a flavour, except hot. Which is crap.

I'm a fan of salsa verde. Not a typical 'hot sauce', but it's salsa and it's v nice

that's pr much it

to be honest, I think hot sauce itself is stupid overrated, because you shouldn't have to add something after the meal has been cooked, to make it good. It's like steak sauce. If you have to add sauce to a steak, it's a crap steak

I disagree. Some foods are bland and healthy and don't have an appealing taste. Some of us are into fitness and need to make certain foods taste better so we can digest them for health reasons.

As far as steak and sauce. Me personally I can have a steak without sauce but CHOOSE not to do so for I like the texture with the sauce and the ADDED flavor!
Last edited by fingerguy at Oct 7, 2015,
Quote by fingerguy

To whine about it on the internet.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
To whine about it on the internet.

Not whining here. Try again.
Encona represent.

Tabasco is weak shit.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by fingerguy
Not whining here. Try again.

I meant the sriracha haters.
Frank's RedHot, Cholula, Dave's Insanity, Possible Side Effects (Sadly no longer made), nearly anything from extremefood.com (I've been buying from them for many years now) or davesgourmet.com

Tabasco Habanero and Tabasco Chipotle are pretty good, regular Tabasco is vinegary crap.

Some are used for flavor, some are used for heat.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 7, 2015,
Quote by Arby911
Frank's RedHot, Cholula, Dave's Insanity, Possible Side Effects (Sadly no longer made), nearly anything from extremefood.com (I've been buying from them for many years now) or davesgourmet.com

Tabasco Habanero and Tabasco Chipotle are pretty good, regular Tabasco is vinegary crap.

Quote by Banjocal
Encona represent.

Tabasco is weak shit.

Let me ask you something. I dabbled in various hot sauces from the mild to the "OH MY GOD" and I found this. When I am shitting fire out of my ass, what's the point?

I am asking honestly.

I also have a Hot Sauce store in my area which is awesome and they have product that fits "OH MY GOD" but when it's at that level to me that doesn't make sense.

Please elaborate if you are willing.

Quote by Arby911

Some are used for flavor, some are used for heat.

I keep hearing about "Dave's Insanity" I need to try that one.
Quote by fingerguy
Let me ask you something. I dabbled in various hot sauces from the mild to the "OH MY GOD" and I found this. When I am shitting fire out of my ass, what's the point?

I am asking honestly.

I also have a Hot Sauce store in my area which is awesome and they have product that fits "OH MY GOD" but when it's at that level to me that doesn't make sense.

Sometimes your ass is far more sensitive to certain flavors than your mouth.
Quote by Guitar0player

Interesting, sounds like a new topic to introduce.
this stuff is also killer

so good
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Guitar0player

Mexican food! God I love it, lol.
Quote by fingerguy

I am asking honestly.

Well first of all some people just don't handle it as well, and even if they do, there's then the question of whether they LIKE it (the flavour, that is, not shitting like a garbage chute in the rain). If you don't enjoy it then there's no shame in that. Same for not being able to cope with it. I draw the line on when the spice, flavour and heat is no longer pleasurable, and depending on both the sort of heat/spice and the flavour, that can be a very high threshold (and very low - some spices kill me just because of how they linger). Encona is the sort which can REALLY fuck me up, but a dab of it is amazing.

But tabasco is weak a.f.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Well first of all some people just don't handle it as well, and even if they do, there's then the question of whether they LIKE it (the flavour, that is, not shitting like a garbage chute in the rain). If you don't enjoy it then there's no shame in that. Same for not being able to cope with it. I draw the line on when the spice, flavour and heat is no longer pleasurable, and depending on both the sort of heat/spice and the flavour, that can be a very high threshold (and very low - some spices kill me just because of how they linger). Encona is the sort which can REALLY fuck me up, but a dab of it is amazing.

But tabasco is weak a.f.

Yeah but the problem is, Cal, that some of the best tasting sauces are butthole burners. I live in New Mexico and I've eaten stuff that would melt the tongue of a Yankee. It was hot (and tasty) going in, but going out...ugh!

Down here if you want to enjoy the best spicy foods....you WILL pay a price for it later
I'm sorry Tobus but that's a judgement you gotta make. That burger will be top banter but you gotta make that shitting decision for yourself, my man.

I find a few beers and an obnoxious night out helps
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Sriracha is awful and anything less than ghost pepper is weak as shit. But more chains are starting to serve ghost pepper stuff on the menu and that stuff is always lame.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Baby Joel at #33627107

here is a thing I like:

Cheeky.
Free Ali
To each is own. I will tell you this, once I am done with all my bottles/versions of Sriracha I will be using the hot sauce I got from the hot sauce shop and then venture past it. But all the hate on this thread towards sriracha won't stop me from using it. Trendy or not, I like the shit!
Quote by theogonia777
Sriracha is awful and anything less than ghost pepper is weak as shit. But more chains are starting to serve ghost pepper stuff on the menu and that stuff is always lame.

Ghost pepper is for pansies. A mere 1mm SHU.

Yeah...more seriously, anything over about 50,000SHU is more a food additive than a flavor enhancer.
Charles Darwin
I wouldn't call myself a "fanatic" but I do love hot sauces. Regular sriracha is nothing to write home about but there are a couple knockoffs from other brands that I really like. Texas Pete has a sriracha equivalent that's pretty tasty, and I just had a sort of buffalo/sriracha mashup from Frank's Red Hot that I liked as well. Outside of sriracha, there is a Mexican brand called Bufalo that makes some pretty good stuff. It's hard to find in my area but when I can get my hands on it, it's delicious.
Quote by fingerguy
To each is own. I will tell you this, once I am done with all my bottles/versions of Sriracha I will be using the hot sauce I got from the hot sauce shop and then venture past it. But all the hate on this thread towards sriracha won't stop me from using it. Trendy or not, I like the shit!

If you like it go ahead and eat it. It's just my opinion that sriracha is shit
cat
so is this sriracha stuff the hipster hot sauce or something

i feel hella out of the loop rn
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
so is this sriracha stuff the hipster hot sauce or something

i feel hella out of the loop rn

Actually I think it might be. I swear I never heard of it till one day a buddy of mine and I were talking about hot sauces and he said he loves Sriracha as I was applying something to my food. I asked what is that and he told me about it and then I looked it up and found a few bottles here and there.

Then the next thing I know I am seeing on streaming services a documentary about Sriracha and t-shirts and keychains. Either the timing was perfect or I was oblivious to it. But now there seems to be a following.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Taco bell fire sauce hmu

That shit is da bomb. Not all that hot unless it touches a cut but tastey nonetheless. I always get the #7 with Fire Sauce!
Quote by fingerguy

sambal
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by fingerguy

I am asking honestly.

Thing about Dave's Insanity sauce... don't get it on your hands. And if you do, don't touch your face.
I'm only hypothesising at this point, but I suspect it would be better to piss yourself than touch your cock if you've got any of it on your hands.

Don't pour as much of this on your rice as you would with sriracha. It tastes great, but it's hot as hell. Better used mixed with spaghetti sauce or other recipes.

Sriracha is good though.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Oct 7, 2015,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Thing about Dave's Insanity sauce... don't get it on your hands. And if you do, don't touch your face.
I'm only hypothesising at this point, but I suspect it would be better to piss yourself than touch your cock if you've got any of it on your hands.

I'm not going to test that theory, but I strongly suspect you're correct.
Charles Darwin
Eew, I once saw my friend put that topatio on a fuckin peach with lime!

I'm not a hot sauce guy besides Frank's, Mexican chili though is that kind of spicy that you bring out of the fridge cold, like Ice cream. it's not salsa style more like a purried mess, so I put small spoonfulls on my tacos and next thing I know I'm crying with every bite.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by theogonia777

look out we got a fucking badass over here.

Sriracha isn't the greatest or anything but it's still good. It's literally just chilis, garlic, salt and vinegar, you can't go too wrong there. People just over-hyped it and now hipsters think it's cool to hate on people who like it because it's popular.
Page 1 of 2