I've actually had this for about a month but I wanted to get some amp time with it before posting.

Here is my Washburn Parallaxe PXM10, I've been wanting to check one of these out since I first heard about them so when I happened upon this used one in mint condition for $399 USD I gave it a test drive and pulled the trigger! It comes with a lot of premium features that usually only come stock on more expensive guitars (these sell for around $850 new). It looks an plays great! I am impressed by the build quality, fit, finish, etc. as well as all of the goodies that came on it that I usually have to add myself. I'm really impressed with the extended cutaway it has better upper fret access that any guitar I have ever played even neck-thru. The OFR comes with a brass big block and spring silencers and it has the Buzz Feiten Tuning System.

It plays exceptionally well and I'm stoked to have it in my arsenal!

Here are the specs:

Body Material: Mahogany
Top Material: Quilt Maple Veneer
Body Finish: Polyurethane
Color: Quilt Trans Blue Satin
Neck Material: Maple, Bolt-on Stevens Extended Cutaway
Neck Shape: Thin
Scale Length: 25.5"
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay: Parallaxe at 12th fret
Number of Frets: 24 super jumbo
Bridge/Tailpiece: Original Floyd Rose w/brass big block and spring silencers.
Tuners: Grover 18:1 tuners
Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz Humbucker
Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion Humbucker
Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone push/pull series/parallel, 3-way pickup selector

The Stevens Extended Cutaway offer complete access to the upper frets it is as thin all the way across the 24th fret as it is around the 15th

Metal Washburn logo inlay

18-1 Grovers and Buzz Feiten Tuning System

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Whoa that is sooo weird looking. The color's amazing on it. That looks like a great deal with an original Floyd.
Quote by Random3
That neck joint/cutaway looks interesting, haven't really seen anything like that before.

Looks awesome, HNGD.

Yeah it's definitely different, it allows you to maintain proper hand position anywhere on the fretboard, the first thing you notice when playing is how much you are used to having to change your hand position on a traditional neck even traditional neck-thru then you notice how much better you can perform on the upper third of the fretboard.

Not sure how long it has actually been around but I can remember seeing it on the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt axes in the 90's the Stevens Cutaway comes in neck-thru as well.

Stevens Stringed Instruments created it and they also make their own guitars.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 7, 2015,
Sweet!

Here's a tip: You know that back cavity plate for the springs? You know how pretty much everyone throws them away? Don't. But instead of attaching it to the guitar with screws, attach it with velcro strips.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oooh very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Sweet!

Here's a tip: You know that back cavity plate for the springs? You know how pretty much everyone throws them away? Don't. But instead of attaching it to the guitar with screws, attach it with velcro strips.

All of my Floyd equipped guitars still have the spring cavity plate I'd never throw them away, the screws work fine for me I don't find myself needing to remove it often enough to leave them off Velcro sounds great though if I was gigging. I do hav3one guitar that's missing the plates my 93 Jackson King V, I lost it years ago, I put a 42mm bras block on it that just barely sticks out of the back of the guitar so I never bothered to replace it.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Damn, that neck joint!

Not a Strat/Super Strat guy, but that one looks beautiful!

SDs and Floyd Rose are always a plus for me too. HNGD!
Quote by jpnyc
Cool guitar. Now I want to try one to experience the neck joint.

I always wanted to try one but never ran across one in a music store until now.

It is definitely liberating. If you get a chance to test drive one you'll see what I mean. The Parallaxe series is very affordable especially with all of the features!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge