When you were a teen/young adult? (or whenever age you were)

I used to work as an intern in this home for old people and my job was a bingo caller.

it was 6 hour shift since different people liked to play at certain times.

It was minimum wage and the people were nice.

Yes. I worked at a gas station when I was 16 about 2 or 3 days a week which is way younger than you're supposed to be and made $125 a week.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I worked in a garage when I was 16 for a few weeks.

There was this one time when the guy supervising me said that he needed me to call the manager about ordering some new parts, as the 'fallopian tubes' that fed the brakes were leaking.

So I go to the manager's office and ask if he has any fallopian tubes in stock and he replies "well you're not going to find any here, mate"
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
You mean like an actual, non-cash-in-hand job?

The summer I left school, I worked in a commercial laundry. Was young enough that minimum wage didn't apply for my first month, so £3/hour(to be fair, minimum wage at the time was like £3.20/hour or something, so not an enormous gap).
flipping burgers at a faceless fast-food corporation

quit that job like a month after working there
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Washing dishes in the local chinese restaurant. Got free chinese at the end of the night, every night, was decent Can't remember how old, probably like 14
Pushing carts and being the janitor at a grocery store. Did that for about 8 months and that was hell but then they moved me inside. Now i work in the meat dpt and now its all cool. Got my fulltime status and should be on my way to being a butcher relatively soon.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Last edited by jimihendrix6699 at Oct 7, 2015,
Yes because I'm not an old senile man yet

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You mean like an actual, non-cash-in-hand job?

The summer I left school, I worked in a commercial laundry. Was young enough that minimum wage didn't apply for my first month, so £3/hour(to be fair, minimum wage at the time was like £3.20/hour or something, so not an enormous gap).

Ye, that still counts I guess.
worked at a greyhound rearing and spelling kennel, wasn't official and I only made $5 a week but it was cool
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Dishwasher. I did like 4 hours work and got free food. I was allowed to listen to music and the people were nice. It was better than my real job.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

First real job was building shithouses for my neighbor, who ran an outhouse rental business. He paid me a whole whopping 50 cents an hour (minimum wage back then was over $3 an hour) when I was 14. I didn't complain, I literally had to walk 50 yards to work and could leave whenever I wanted for any reason (or none). Made about $50 over a couple weeks, but it was still more money than I'd ever had to that point.

The guy who owned the outhouse business (he was rich, rented outhouses for concerts, special celebrations, etc) is dying now of testicular cancer. His motto was "your shit is our bread and butter".
My first "job" was a "volunteer" (I was paid) at a nursing home where my mom worked. I transported old people who were in wheelchairs and helped run the recreational activities. I was 14. It wasn't too bad except for the smell of the building.

My first real job is at Wendy's (international fast food chain, for those who don't know). Nearly four years later, I'm still doing the same thing, only in a different location.
Free Ali
Worked at a local guitar shop. I was a bad employee...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by chrismendiola
My first "job" was a "volunteer" (I was paid)

same; I worked at a library when I was 14 for a couple of months. I started out as a volunteer re-shelving books but then I started reading stories to kids too and arranging book displays and they decided to pay me for that.

(I had another "job" before that - my mom used to go to this lady's house for spa treatments when I was younger and I would go with, and the lady would have me paint her other customers' nails while they had their eyes closed during a facial/manicure and she gave me $5 for each customer.)

my second "job" was when I was 16, food prep at an indian fast-food place. It was easy but I only did it for a month since I was temping

my first real job where I didn't get cash in hand was at a clothing store when I was 18. I worked there longest out of the other jobs I've held so far actually, but I don't consider that a real job because I didn't even apply for it. they just asked me if I wanted to work there and I said ok and went in for a group "interview" but it was obvious that it was just for show. I made a lot there (some of the money is still in my savings) but it was an awful working environment and I regret it so much because it messed with my mental and physical health.

the one good thing about it is that I met this manager who i'm still friends with and after I quit he hooked me up with this other job at a club, since he quit that store to become a dj and he's doing pretty well so go him
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Oct 7, 2015,
16. Tuesday's and Thursday's I cleaned up the scraps from the table saw at a construction shop and took it to the dump. If I got done that then I would do odd jobs on cabinets.
I worked at a burger joint when I was 14.

I was made to get a job because my mates cousin worked at a cinema, and kept giving us free tickets. So having no money Id hit my parents up for a lift, and for some money for food and shit. One day without warning my dad pulled up at Hungry Jacks, told me to get the fuck out and to not call him for a lift home until I had filled out and handed back an application form
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
I remember the first first hand job I got more than my first actual job. I think I worked at a school
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Worked for the STL Blues hockey team. Did stadium set up, food running, waiting, bussing, bartending, and stadium tear down over the years there.
When I was 17 I worked at some local restaurant as the dishwasher. I got fed every night, got to listen to my iPod, didn't deal with people, it was a pretty sweet gig not gonna lie.
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
I worked at the local zoo when I was 15 or 16. It was cool, the work sucked sometimes but on my breaks I got to chill wit da aminals
my dad's favorite bar when i was 12. washed dishes for $5/hr. good folks. the older fry cooks would give me beer. it was nice. in middle school, making about $100 a week with no responsibilities. those were the days.