So I tried to follow the Elixer strat setup on youtube. Almost-new US strat.
The strat sounded great but the action was a little high, so I tried to set it up.

Truss rod was fine, didn't touch. .25mm from 8th fret.

Adjusted bridge individual saddles. Started buzzing on 3rd and 4th strings. Tried to set it back where it was, continued buzzing.

Decided to adjust intonation since bridge wasn't changing buzzing.

I tried with multiple ios apps to tune, including the Peterson one. The low sounding E string on this guitar can not be accurately tuned with these apps as they keep fluctuating wildly. Same on 5th to a lesser degree. I tried lowering pickups, no noticeable change.

So I tunes with high strinngs to the app, the rest by ear. Similar for intonation.

Then it ended up sounding like crap.

Luckily I remembered the basic measurements from before and tried to set it back.
I think the intonation is close, but the guitar sounds less pronounced, like strings aren't vibrating the same, and I still have buzzing on 3rd and 4th strings (mostly in middle of fretboard up to around 17th fret).

I'm waiting on a Snark tuner to arrive in the mail to help with tuning. Otherwise any input on how to rectify this? Why didn't the buzzing go away when I reset the bridge to the original position?

Thank you
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Sometimes if it's a little bit of buzz on a couple frets I don't bother, but usually only on 6th string.

I know it sounds crazy with having your measurements at the 8th fret in a good spot, but you may need to loosen the truss rod a touch and then adjust your action from there.
Go to Fender.com and follow their instructions. Those guys know what they’re doing, and you won’t have to rewind if you miss a word or two.

Don’t go as low as the action numbers listed in setup tutorials unless you’ve just had a PLEK job done or you can tolerate a little buzzing. Manufacturers and techs tend not to assume people want no buzzing—for proof see all the UG threads by musicians who just had a setup with low actions and now the guitar has fret buzz.

Don’t use software tuners or headstock tuners for setting up a guitar. They aren’t accurate enough, especially on low strings.

If you have the guitar set up properly and it still buzzes below a certain fret then you probably have a high fret that needs to be filed down.
a little bit of buzz is a causality to low action in some cases. a tiny bit of buzzing isn't necessarily a bad thing, but too much and it is a mess.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Is this a floating bridge or do you have the bridge against the body? That will affect things as well.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Is this a floating bridge or do you have the bridge against the body? That will affect things as well.

Thanks for your (and others') response.

This is in the standard position against the body where I can only push down on the whammy bar.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
The standard position is floating allowing both push and pull. Yours is decked and, subject to how well that was done, spring tension etc. that could be causing the buzz.

As others have said, the best Strat setup guide is from Fender.

You absolutely need a good plug in tuner if you are going to play with the setup. I suggest you pay a tech to do it this time. If you want to tweak it subsequently get a good tuner first.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.