Hey

Recently i had my bass amp speaker fixed (they changed the wires that are in the speaker). And it worked just fine except that when i play the higher frets on the low sting (like 13th,14th) it starts to make weird noises (vibrato like wobling)

Ive tried with diffrent bass and diffrent amplifier but the problem is still there so it must be the speaker.
What do you think went wrong?

Thanks in advance
Quote by Xmaniac
they changed the wires that are in the speaker

They did wha????

What was wrong to begin with? Are you saying they put new leads from the amp to the speaker in a combo? Who exactly... a certified shop? The description you have given for what is happening now isn't really giving me a good idea what it's doing, but could it also be described as maybe kinda making fart noises? If so, you've just got too much low end eq boosted, try turning the bass control down.
it sounds like what went wrong was you used techs who did something wrong. have you asked them to fix the issue that started after they worked on the amp? doesn't have to be the speaker - could be an issue with the crossover or something else.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Bring it back. The wires could be loose and only destabilize under the power and frequency of the upper register of the bass.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Quote by patticake
it sounds like what went wrong was you used techs who did something wrong. have you asked them to fix the issue that started after they worked on the amp? doesn't have to be the speaker - could be an issue with the crossover or something else.

Crossover, how many drivers are their in you cab?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn