Poll: Which one is better to live?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is better to live?
California (Thousand Oaks, Santa Clarita or somewhere)
6 21%
Arizona (within 45 miles to/from Phoenix)
4 14%
Colorado (within 30-130 miles to/from Denver)
12 43%
Florida (Orlando)
6 21%
Voters: 28.
Page 1 of 2
As an uploader/stocker working at Target, I'm currently planning to go to community college in a year or two, just to take a firefighting class to earn a degree. When I become a firefighter, I'm willing to move on my own.

First of all, I'm more of a dreamer. I like to travel (for nature, entertainments and families), playing music, shooting pictures and shopping.

I've only visited a few states: California (where I was born & raised for 13 years and my mother currently live there), Colorado (where my grandparents live), Arizona (where my mother used to live) and Florida (only been there for DisneyWorld). And yes, those are the states I want to choose to live just for firefighting job. However, I do not want to live in the sate that is expensive like California, New York, Washington and Texas. I want to live cheap for living like those states I've visited. As for California, I don't care but not in Los Angeles.

So, now I'm creating a poll to show you what places do you think it's better to live. Let me know what you think. Feel free to post positive comments!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
North Dakota
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Sicily during the late Roman Republic

Soviet-Era Volgograd

The flight deck of the HMS Implacable circa 1948
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.
California is my favorite place ever but I would absolutely not move there unless I already had a job lined up there
cat
You need to find a city with lots of fires and where firefighters work on commission.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Colorado
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
California is an amazing place - I lived in Los Angeles for two years after college and I miss it.

You do need to know:

The cost of living is VERY high (even in Santa Clarita or Thousand Oaks). You're going to get much more bang for your buck in any of the other places that you suggested. Rent is expensive, car insurance is expensive, gas is expensive, and not to mention, California has the worst income tax - your paycheck is instantly cut down much more than in any other state.
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Last edited by Xomar at Oct 8, 2015,
anywhere that isn't America. Italy isn't bad...but if you don't want to learn another language id say England/Scotland/Ireland.....unless you love guns, then you shouldn't move to England....unless you're a criminal...then laws don't matter.
Botswana

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
You should move into my mixtape, there's more fire there than you can hope to extinguish.
Free Ali
Free Lard
None of the above.

It will be Mars.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
I suggest Arizona, or at least not California. Cali has one of the highest costs of living in the country. Ferocious wildfires plague parts of it year after year. I'm not sure how that would affect your specific firefighter plans, but it's something to keep in mind. On top of that, depending on where you stand on politics, California is by far the most liberal state in the union. And the taxes are through the roof.

Hence why I suggest Arizona: because it's pretty much the opposite of that. It's affordable, the economy is relatively good, and the politics are a lot more relaxed in general. A lot of people associate Arizona with heat and deserts, but the environment is a lot more varied than you think. There are mountains, greenlands, lakes, streams, cities, etc.
California doesn't even have water for its citizens to drink, let alone use to put out fires.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by Xomar at #33628456
California is an amazing place - I lived in Los Angeles for two years after college and I miss it.

You do need to know:

The cost of living is VERY high (even in Santa Clarita or Thousand Oaks). You're going to get much more bang for your buck in any of the other places that you suggested. Rent is expensive, car insurance is expensive, gas is expensive, and not to mention, California has the worst income tax - your paycheck is instantly cut down much more than in any other state.

The ultimate solution is moving to Slab City.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Move here and work for me, the pay is not great but the work is hard.

wow this sounds too good to be true

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I aspire to move to SoCal but am holding out with the water situation. Also their tax rates are a joke.

Colorado is the next best thing on that list.

Florida is a POS.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Don't go to cali cause it's crazy expensive right now, and the drought issues as well, and it's just not the right time. Mabye north Cali but i'm not as familiar with that part.

Colorado is the best. Job market there is on the rise. You've got mountains for skiing/snowboarding in the winter, climbing and mountainbiking in the summer. Driving to Utah for Park City, or down to the redrock area like the Arches national park isn't too bad.

Florida is also going downhill so ignore that. Arizona has a crap job market and will continue to have one forever.

so basically colorado
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I don't know why people keep saying CA is crazy expensive. SF, West Hollywood, and Orange County aside it does not even come close to DC, Boston, or NY in living expenses...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't know why people keep saying CA is crazy expensive. SF, West Hollywood, and Orange County aside it does not even come close to DC, Boston, or NY in living expenses...

yeah but I wouldn't recommend people move to those places either unless the higher expenses aren't an issue.
And CA is still really expensive. this is from data in 2013 but it is still indicative: http://www.businessinsider.com/regional-price-parities-2015-7
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yea chicago is a pretty expensive place to live too. Pretty sure cali, LA specifically, isnt on the top of the list.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Baby Joel
yeah but I wouldn't recommend people move to those places either unless the higher expenses aren't an issue.
And CA is still really expensive. this is from data in 2013 but it is still indicative: http://www.businessinsider.com/regional-price-parities-2015-7

I'm not sure that this is the most useful... RPP doesn't seem to take into account rent / housing prices or earnings to expense ratios.

CA may be "really expensive" but anywhere worth living will be at least somewhat expensive. For example, Missouri is the least expensive on that chart but you couldn't even pay me to live in that shithole.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Lol missouri is actually pretty nice once you get out of the cities
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by jimihendrix6699 at Oct 8, 2015,
I'm not sure why TS thinks Texas is an expensive state to live in?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Actually now that i think about it, in the rural areas you get 5 acres of land with a house for 500-600$ a month which is completely worth it.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33628678

I was browsing zillow the other day, and apartments in North Park, San Diego (trendy neighborhood, right near Balboa Park) are going for less than 1200 per. Compared to NYC rents that's a joke.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
1200 in NYC won't even get you a toilet to poop on

Quote by jimihendrix6699
once you get out the cities
why would I want to do that...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
1200 in NYC won't even get you a toilet to poop on

why would I want to do that...

So you can have a soul

And see the stars at night lol
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by jimihendrix6699
So you can have a soul
Does that come from smellin horsepoop and incest all the time or somethin??

And see the stars at night lol
laaaaaaame

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Stars are easily Google Image'd tbh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Well if you want to be constantly battling uncontrollable wildfires, then I'm pretty sure theres a state for you.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

if Florida you'll only want St Pete or somewhere along the east coast, like Cocoa/Boca/etc. Otherwise no
Should've put an option for "none of the above", thats the only way to get a decent answer.
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Xiaoxi
Does that come from smellin horsepoop and incest all the time or somethin??

laaaaaaame

Lol nah it comes from hunting for sasquatch and meth lab explosions

And dude every 20 years comets fly by how magical is that
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
"dreamer"...

you look forests, lakes, mountains AND smoking weed?

colorado is your best bed. booming industry/tourists,

you can find a job there being a firefighter...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Page 1 of 2