So sometime soon I'm going to buy the Jeff Waters V that Epiphone is coming out with, and the burstbuckers aren't going to cut it for my style of music (thrash, groove, OSDM). I've really been interested in Fastback pickups--I watch Fluff on YouTube and love his tone. Does anyone have experience with his signature Beardcombers, and would they be good for me? Thanks
Planning to buy new pickups when the guitar isn't even at your doorstep yet is dumb.

What amp are you using?

I personally wouldn't buy one of the newer Annihilation guitars. They seem very overpriced for what they are. It seems to be the equivalent of the Les Paul 100. It looks similar to a standard, but its essentially a poor man's version of what already wasn't a particularly expensive guitar to begin with.

I think you have lots of better options.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 8, 2015,
They were actually quite good. The main differences were that they had proper Gibson pickups and a set neck as opposed to a bolt-on.

But other than that, they're similar to the new one as far as I can tell.

What is your amp? What are your preferences are or you simply looking for a V-style guitar? What kind of bridge do you want? Where are you located? What is your budget?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Hasn't that model been out for a while now? If so, I've played one on several occasions and the pickups that came with them are awesome for thrash, shred, and even death metal. I wouldn't even bother "upgrading" them.

But if this is a new model for 2016 then I don't know what I'm talking about.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Planning to buy new pickups when the guitar isn't even at your doorstep yet is dumb.

This right here. Get the guitar first and play it on your rig. Then, shop for new pickups if you think they are they key to the sound you are looking for.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals