Do Schaller strap locks fit the Falcon? I don't really want to remove the original studs. I find the guitar is a bit tight in the case when I leave the strap on, and I don't want to remove it every time I put it in.
All straplocks (Schaller, Dunlop, whatever) usually only work with their studs. Unless the Falcon is coming with Schaller straplocks already installed, you are going to change the studs.
You can't just use the strap parts with whatever stud and expect it to work. Most straplock systems require a larger screw than the one already on the guitar, so you will also be drilling a larger hole.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Usually the straplock screws are smaller, not bigger. People compensate with toothpicks and wood glue.

Go with LOXX if you don't want to have to shim the hole.

But Gretsch uses a weird strap button, so don't know how that compares to others.
Used to have one - pretty sure the Schallers are not going to drop straight in even if you use their screw. I'd look for something like the DiMarzio Cliplock that will let you remove the strap another way.
Quote by SpeedSterHR
Usually the straplock screws are smaller, not bigger. People compensate with toothpicks and wood glue.

Go with LOXX if you don't want to have to shim the hole.

But Gretsch uses a weird strap button, so don't know how that compares to others.

That's weird. Any brand I've bought I've needed to make holes bigger.
Quote by BBsBlues
This may be the road I'll have to go down. Thanks.

I've a half-dozen of those and they work very well. As they make several variations, be sure to get the more comfortable ones and not merely the polypro black cheaper versions. (IIRC, I've got 2 barbed wire, 2 Voodoo, a Tribal and a Celtic.)

I've not tried the leather one (didn't even know they made one) but now I'm going to have to order one of those as well.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I just use Grolsch gaskets. Fender sells "strap blocks" which are basically the same thing only more expensive.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Hell, it's a $13K guitar--just use duct tape.

Or if you're paying that much anyway, pay me another $2K and I'll have a machine shop mill you some screws from billet titanium (or even solid gold) that will be identical to the Gretsch thread going into the guitar.
Quote by SpeedSterHR
Hell, it's a $13K guitar--just use duct tape.

Or if you're paying that much anyway, pay me another $2K and I'll have a machine shop mill you some screws from billet titanium (or even solid gold) that will be identical to the Gretsch thread going into the guitar.

Solid gold is too soft (and with gold at $1147/oz you better hope the screws aren't too big...) and you should turn them, not mill them...

/pedantic

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 9, 2015,
It's...probably not a 13K guitar. Falcons can be had for under 3K new. I don't see any reason to assume it's a vintage piece or a USA CS model.
Quote by Roc8995
It's...probably not a 13K guitar. Falcons can be had for under 3K new. I don't see any reason to assume it's a vintage piece or a USA CS model.

Fair enough. When I Googled it to see what the factory buttons looked like the first thing that popped up was a $12,450 model.

Last one I saw was in the Fender Custom Shop in Corona (although it was a weird orange), and I'm not enough of a Gretsch fan to know that they weren't all CS. The one I saw before that was at a trade show and I think that one was from the CS, too because there was quite a fuss made about it. Come to think of it, I've never come across one that wasn't CS, but now I see Sweetwater has one for just $3,900.

Quote by Arby911
Solid gold is too soft (and with gold at $1147/oz you better hope the screws aren't too big...) and you should turn them, not mill them...

True, I wouldn't recommend gold either, however a full set of Schaller locks weigh 1.6 oz, so the screws would probably be less than half an ounce, so there'd be plenty of profit. Gold is soft enough I'd probably cast it, but yeah, normally you'd turn a screw
Quote by ThunderPunk
I just use Grolsch gaskets. Fender sells "strap blocks" which are basically the same thing only more expensive.

They're actually made by the same company, literally the same thing in red/black with fender stuck in them and a 3000% mark up.

Little tidbit I learnt from the Fender rep
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb