HI everyone.

I got a new amp from used guitar shop.
It's Roland 20 orange.

The problem is the overdrive jack ain't work. Before I buy it. I did test and it sound fine but when I take it home it ain't work like it did before.

Addition: My other AMP also not work even turn the gain to max. It just act like master volume.
Do you have the volume knob on the guitar turned up? Did you check the cable?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Do you have the volume knob on the guitar turned up? Did you check the cable?

Above what you have said, I tried.

But wait!!?!? Are cable can be a problem?
I tried it on different AMP and Guitar but not cable. That doesn't make sense. Cable just send the sound. it wont hurt the overdrive tone.

I also thought about the electricity in my home. That might not be a problem. all electricity are the same. There must be a problem.
The cable can be a problem, yes - if it's faulty it won't send signal at the correct level.

It seems likely since you tried a different guitar and amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dirty fx loop jacks? With amp off, plug and unplug a cable in/out of all connectors a couple of times. Just something to try; unused connections can accumulate enough dust to affect amp performance on occasion.
If you have two amps that don't work, but did, and have tried different guitars then the only thing you haven't tried different is the cable? That would rather suggest it is the cable and would be the first thing I would look at as they do break.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
I dont have enough money to invest in new cable since college started next month.
With pedal it work but it has a high static. I dont know why.
Quote by sosxradar
I dont have enough money to invest in new cable since college started next month.

I don't know where you live, but cables are usually super cheap.
The Roland 20 Orange was a good practice amp in its day but never had convincing OD tone in my opinion.

Choices:

1 have someone else play through it.
2 take it back to the store and say " what's up?"
3 sweep floors, wash cars, mow lawns and buy an amp with modern OD tone.

The process of elimination works every time.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
College isn't for everyone, buy a slick rig instead.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by sosxradar

So you do have more than one cable if you use a pedal.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.