Just got this today. It's another from the special run. I got it used, but it's #94 of 100 so it's essentially a brand new guitar. Not a mark on it. I am extremely impressed. Build quality is pretty much perfect. I am an anal bastard and I can find nary a flaw in this thing. It is super light and feels extremely solid and comfortable. It manages to be ridiculously light and tiny, yet still feel like a real guitar. It plays great. It's extremely resonant acoustically. So far I have only gotten to play it through headphones with a sleeping toddler, but it seems like I will like the Kiesel pickups. They seem pretty tight with great note separation. IMO this thing is spec'ed out fantastically.
Specs are as follows:
Chambered swamp ash body
Clear gloss back
Maple top white/white gloss finish
Gold drop shadow logo
Gold hardware
25.5" scale
14" radius
Maple/walnut 5pc neck w/ tung oil finish
Thicker neck profile
Kiesel picked Birdseye board w/ baked treatment
Black diamond inlays
Luminlay side dots
Evo gold jumbo frets
Ebony rear cavity cover

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Last edited by yellowv at Oct 8, 2015,
What a remarkable-looking thing.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Very nice...but I have to point out that you have chosen perhaps the most sedate finish I have ever seen on a Kiesel.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Beautiful Vader congrats !! ...... have you had a chance to weigh it yet ??.... or initial thoughts on weight ??

.... I been watching kiesel's on the web site and just haven't pulled the trigger yet , been digging those blue necked guitars on the Kiesels facebook
nice except the broken headstock. hope you got a really good deal

very nice great looking neck.
Wow! I'm not a fan of weird guitar shapes but that looks great. And you are right, it looks like new. Great find.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Hey, you got an extra strap button free!

Actual opinion - looks pretty sweet.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by smittyanthrax
How do you resting and tune it?Ive always been curious about it.

the strings feed through a closed nut at the top of the neck and go into the bridge . the knobs at the end of the bridge work as tuners.
That fretboard is beautiful! I've never been a big fan of headless guitars, but I like this one, looks like a finely crafted instrument.

ROCK ON!

Congrats HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yeah the fretboard is really nice.

I'm not a fan of the headless guitars though, they just look too much like 80's new wave instruments.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've never played a headless guitar, don't plan to, but that guitar is pretty sweet. That fretboard though, nice!!!
Like danny said, that is a very underwhelming top for a kiesel, still a beaut though.
Congrats.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I don't think you can really call a painted top underwhelming. It's not like it's a bad flame. Not everyone wants an over the top exotic top on everything. My money is that this simple plain maple top on ash body sounds better than some crazy burl topped thing.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Oh don't get me wrong it is a great guitar and I would own it in a heartbeat, I was just comparing it to the other kiesel/carvin guitars with amazing tops. Perhaps underwhelming wasn't the right word to use. Either way still a pretty awesome guitar.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
I much prefer the white to any ultra flamed/burl/quilt/birdseye maple/koa/bubinga/Swahilididsjfishdfasdefealf extracted by Tusken slaves on the planet Tatooine that guitar would've otherwise had.

That sort of thing is extremely ostentatious when done in excess. Moderation in flashy features gives a guitar a lot more class. The plain white keeps the flashiness of the birdseye fretboard restrained. Yet the colours and patterns of the fretboard keeps the white from looking sterile. Because of that, I think that's the best-looking Kiesel guitar I've ever seen.

And I also think the design of the body is well thought out and complements the headlessness well. It's unconventional, but the lower bout of the guitar has some nice symmetry going on and the curves feeding into the tuners do not look out of proportion with the rest of the guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 9, 2015,
Agreed. I had an RG1527 that had a nice maple neck and white body with white dimarzios and it was a great looking guitar.
All of my guitars are fairly plain, the only one that has any flame to it is my LP, so in that respect none of my guitars are "flashy" per se.
When visiting carvin's site and looking at carvin as well as kiesel guitars you cannot help but see the flames and quilts galore. Just like a PRS those finishes become more than just guitars to me and rather pieces of art. Not taking away from the white finish from the guitar at all, which I truly like, just making a standard observation based on the look of the guitar and others that I am used to seeing in the same vein.

Honestly, of lately I have preferred just a plain natural wood looking finish, a la the back of the guitar, which is pretty stellar.

TL;DR- great guitar, like the finish, looks like something I would own (minus headless guitar). Like stated, underwhelming was the wrong word there.

Tusken slaves would have harvested some amazing tops!
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Oct 9, 2015,
I've tried these, and the Vader has made my short list.
They're very well balanced, the body's bottom shape works as a stand (do this on carpet, however, not on a slick floor), and the weight is in the 5-6 lb range. They're short enough in length that they can be used as a travel guitar, but they have a full 25.5" (or even 27") scale. Upper fret access is amazing, and the only real drawback is that if you're used to playing something like an 24.75" scale SG, where your left hand is pushed way out to the left (and you may, in fact, be trying to hold the heavy neck off the ground), the Vader is far more compact, and you need to get used to having everything gathered in closer to your body.
Quote by yellowv
Just got this today. It's another from the special run. I got it used, but it's #94 of 100 so it's essentially a brand new guitar. Not a mark on it. I am extremely impressed. Build quality is pretty much perfect. I am an anal bastard and I can find nary a flaw in this thing.

I have a couple of Carvins from when they first went from "production instruments" to semi-custom shop, back around '88-89. Build quality, even then, was "pretty much perfect." At this point I've accumulated seven Carvins, and aside from the occasional owner-caused flaw, their build quality is superb.

I've seen quite a few of the new Kiesel-branded guitars, many of which have been spectacular. It's almost refreshing to see one that's restrained and subtle.

It's actually a bit weird to see a "special run" of guitars from Carvin; a "limited edition" from a company that doesn't DO "production" is a strange concept. You can, of course, order the exact same guitar as a one-off.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As for the weight question this weighs 6lbs on the bathroom scale.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
What a beauty, one of these day I might get a headless guitar they look so different.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112