You first gained access to the internet?

Can you recall something cool from your first experience using it?

2004 for me. There used to be this old sports program with a bunch of recess mini-games like Freeze Tag, Baseball, etc. it was somewhat 3D. I can't remember it clearly so is hard to find.
1997. I was in Enrichment in kindergarten and we used the internet to research column stability or something

I made my own email account in 1999 and I still remember the username and password, though I don't use it anymore. I first used the internet for fun around 2000 because I wanted to play neopets and I needed an email address to sign up for it.
cat
1997 for me, too. I was 26, so the whole idea of "new" technology was intimidating. One of the first things I did was plug my name into search. I found an entire branch of distant cousins, including an Olympian, (as well as a river and lake bearing the family name) in Chile. Then pron. Then spam. Then viruses. Mixed bag, actually, for me. Did figure out that anything I could go to the store and buy could be found cheaper somewhere, though. EBay was better then, too, but maybe that was later.
1998 or 99, and I would go onto cartoonnetwork.com and play games that were oka, but I thought they were fun because I was small
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
used the internet for the first time in the late 90's , probably 1998.

I was pretty young, but looking back on it now, I wasn't a big computer to begin with.

I didn't start browsing the net/forums/deep web/pron until like 2005/2006 when youtube took off / reddit / online gaming / torrenting got big - limewire....

just spent my days (still do) playing outside/skateboarding/photography with film / book nerd
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I think it was 2005, and I must have been 13.

We had dialup put in the house.

I remember one day they were away sneaking onto their laptop and googling.

To this day I remember googling the phrase "nude fat women" in google images and busting in like four seconds.

Rivetting tale chaps.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
I remember my school allowed us to use the computers after school,(and the school was K-6) I wanted to print out pictures of my favorite Pokémon and DBZ characters and this older fella (maybe about 13) was printing pictures of naked hanging women, then folding them up and putting them in his pocket. Never saw him again.
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
2000-01? We had dial-up and being a plane obsessed 5 year old I just spent my time looking at pictures of planes.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
My parents had it for as long as I can remember (probably when it first became available for regular folks), but I didn't really get to use the internet until we got ADSL, seeing as dial-up was too expensive to do much with. I think we got ADSL somewhere around 2000, so I was 9 or 10 at the time.

Quote by Pastafarian96
2000-01? We had dial-up and being a plane obsessed 5 year old I just spent my time looking at pictures of planes.

Were you a plane spotter? My brother was for a long time, even went to airports in other countries just to take a pic of a specific plane. Turned him into a great photographer though, and he still gets paid for random pictures sometimes (though he doesn't take pics of planes anymore).
Quote by DukeDeRox
1998 or 1999. I remember printing DBZ pictures to draw in 4th grade

holy shit this was my life. i would trace them and then tell my friends i drew it and they were like "no wai" and naturally id be like "ya wai"
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
holy shit this was my life. i would trace them and then tell my friends i drew it and they were like "no wai" and naturally id be like "ya wai"

Pfff, amateurs... I actually drew DBZ characters myself and the drawings were super awesome
Quote by ultimate-slash
Pfff, amateurs... I actually drew DBZ characters myself and the drawings were super awesome

i tried to do it free hand too and sometimes it was good but most of the time it was mediocre
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
i tried to do it free hand too and sometimes it was good but most of the time it was mediocre

Exactly like the show, then.
1988. I did a computing science degree. No world wide web yet but the internet was there.
Must've been 2005 when I got internet at home. I think I stared this account on a school computer.

My earliest memory of the internet was looking up song lyrics and game cheats around 2001.
Last edited by sashki at Oct 9, 2015,
Quote by guitarxo
I made my own email account in 1999 and I still remember the username and password, though I don't use it anymore.

Probably around 98 or 99 for me. Still remember the password as well. My dad sometimes still emails that address, thinking that people still use AOL.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
1997 at school. Didn't do much until I discovered Google and Ebaumsworld.

My friend kept drawing nothing but stussy symbols on MS Paint.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 9, 2015,
1996 or 1997. i remember being in chat rooms talking to a group of germans, i was like seven years old lol
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I first remember it 99'ish having an email client. don't remember what it was but it was purple and our whole family had their own individual one.

I also remember looking at the release notes for ensemble studios for the upcoming details for the AoE2 expansion
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
my family first got a PC in '97 -- xmas of '97 -- but before then my dad had a laptop for work -- & i remember him plugging into the phone line & that was when i first "accessed the internet" -- idk what year that was -- maybe '95 or '96, no earlier.

i did not really spend a lot of time on the internet until i got into middle school & took computer class, & of course people were doing the whole myspace thing -- so like 2003.
Probably around 2002/2003. We had dial up and I would use the computer to play flash games and get game cheats.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Probably around 2002/2003. We had dial up and I would use the computer to play flash games and get game cheats.

Same.
Quote by theogonia777
Probably around 98 or 99 for me. Still remember the password as well. My dad sometimes still emails that address, thinking that people still use AOL.

Mine was yahoo. I think I made like 5 different accounts after that just on yahoo because I wanted new usernames. Then I decided I needed one account from every email provider so off to hotmail, gmail, etc
cat