I just got a used Fender Jazz Bass (MIA) that has a Badass ll bridge and restrung it with D'addario half rounds. I am getting a trebbly metallic sound out of my A string. The others sound fine. On Talkbass someone said their badass made their fender more trebbly. Since I like to play bluesy or R and B type stuff that's no good. Any info, advice or suggestions would be great.
A society that trades liberty for freedom deserves neither and will lose both. Ben Franklin
Quote by powerhut
I just got a used Fender Jazz Bass (MIA) that has a Badass ll bridge and restrung it with D'addario half rounds. I am getting a trebbly metallic sound out of my A string. The others sound fine. On Talkbass someone said their badass made their fender more trebbly. Since I like to play bluesy or R and B type stuff that's no good. Any info, advice or suggestions would be great.

Sorry but I don't understand how your Badass bridge can affect tone let alone just one string.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Sounds like a string not sitting right in the slot.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by John Swift
Sorry but I don't understand how your Badass bridge can affect tone let alone just one string.

I'm not saying that it IS the bridge, just something I read when searching about them. It was already on the bass when I bought it so I can't say what difference it is making, or not.
A society that trades liberty for freedom deserves neither and will lose both. Ben Franklin
Thanks for the help guys. I did adjust the string and it is sounding better
Quote by powerhut
Thanks for the help guys. I did adjust the string and it is sounding better

I've had this problem myself as well.. if you hear unusual rattle, it's usually the nut or the bridge where the string isn't resting right. Glad you got that sorted out.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.