Page 1 of 3
Again, at a college campus: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/09/us/northern-arizona-university-shooting/

They really need to get their shit together with gun control. How can they just stand by and do nothing?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
ffs

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
...and now for a respectful and considered discussion on gun control.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
...and now for a respectful and considered discussion on gun control.

This wouldn't have happened if everyone else had guns and shot him first.

That's the pro-gun argument sorted.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
46th this year, 1 a week, congrats america
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

If guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns. Because I like my generalisations like my women: sweeping.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Sounds like a criminal escalation that just happened to occur on a college campus.

If it had happened in much of Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, Detroit or Houston's 5th ward, it wouldn't even be considered newsworthy, much less nationally newsworthy.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
You don't seem to realize that their constitutional right to own deadly weapons is SO much more important than human lives.
Typical european
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Irondevil
You don't seem to realize that their constitutional right to own deadly weapons is SO much more important than human lives.
Typical european

Yes, it is.

Have a nice day.
Charles Darwin
here comes a stupid thread where we ignore the fact that we can't regulate people's actions.
I used to love in Flagstaff; lots of gun nuts there, and Arizona is a red state.
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
America needs to learn how to kill traditions and not people.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by -tempest-
here comes a stupid thread where we ignore the fact that we can't regulate people's actions.

Not directly, but we can regulate in a way that influences their actions.

Do you repeat everything your stupid parents, or the news outlets they follow, say?
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by -tempest-

No, you can't. But if he'd only been carrying his fists, noone would be dead.
Quote by Diemon Dave
This incident seems less like the "mass shooting done by a mentally unhealthy person" and more like dumb actions from college students. But I don't really know the details of the confrontation.
Quote by Arby911
Sounds like a criminal escalation that just happened to occur on a college campus.

If it had happened in much of Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta, Detroit or Houston's 5th ward, it wouldn't even be considered newsworthy, much less nationally newsworthy.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's my main issue with people who are stuck in the 2nd amendment. Can a single individually really kill mass numbers of people without a firearm? Bats, knives, swords, etc. can't really do as much as firearms can. But still, guns would still exist even if they were outlawed, right? And then law-abiding citizens can't protect themselves when someone attacks with a firearm.

It's a mess.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 9, 2015,
On the contrary ^

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/you-take-away-guns-and-someones-just-gonna-invent--51477
Quote by Arby911

This is so true
Last edited by whywefight at Oct 9, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
This incident seems less like the "mass shooting done by a mentally unhealthy person" and more like dumb actions from college students. But I don't really know the details of the confrontation. That's my main issue with people who are stuck in the 2nd amendment. Can a single individually really kill mass numbers of people without a firearm? Bats, knives, swords, etc. can't really do as much as firearms can. But still, guns would still exist even if they were outlawed, right? And then law-abiding citizens can't protect themselves when someone attacks with a firearm.

It's a mess.

Ask Timothy McVeigh...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Will Lane
But still, guns would still exist even if they were outlawed, right? And then law-abiding citizens can't protect themselves when someone attacks with a firearm.

It's a mess.
But MUCH harder to get, and noone at that school was able to defend themselves just because guns are legal, nor have they been able to at any of the other hundreds of school shootings that seem to be happening once a week over there.
Quote by Irondevil
But MUCH harder to get, and noone at that school was able to defend themselves just because guns are legal, nor have they been able to at any of the other hundreds of school shootings that seem to be happening once a week over there.

Utter nonsense.
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33630072

how much freedom should we strip from people to ensure the most dangerous thing on a person is their fists?
Quote by Arby911
Ask Timothy McVeigh...

It annoys me that I know who this is
Quote by Will Lane
This incident seems less like the "mass shooting done by a mentally unhealthy person" and more like dumb actions from college students. But I don't really know the details of the confrontation. That's my main issue with people who are stuck in the 2nd amendment. Can a single individually really kill mass numbers of people without a firearm? Bats, knives, swords, etc. can't really do as much as firearms can. But still, guns would still exist even if they were outlawed, right? And then law-abiding citizens can't protect themselves when someone attacks with a firearm.

It's a mess.

But how often would law-abiding citizens be attacked with firearms?

As a resident of a country with strict gun control laws, 'normal' people don't get shot at. Non-fatal shootings make the papers here.

Perhaps all your criminals carry guns because their intended victims might well have them?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by whywefight
It annoys me that I know who this is

It annoys me that anyone knows who that is, but that's the world we live in.

Of course the UK and the Middle East know far more about bombers than we do, but the point remains.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
It annoys me that anyone knows who that is, but that's the world we live in.

Of course the UK and the Middle East know far more about bombers than we do, but the point remains.

What, that a bomb is as quick and easy as a gun?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

As a resident of a country with strict gun control laws, 'normal' people don't get shot at. Non-fatal shootings make the papers here.

Perhaps all your criminals carry guns because their intended victims might well have them?

Unlikely that's the primary motivation, as even the stupidest criminal (now there's a LOW bar) knows that even in the US, most citizens are likely to be unarmed. (Fortunately that's changing, and concealed carry permit holders are making a difference, albeit slowly.)

A firearm simply provides a certain gravitas to the threat that a lesser weapon does not. If people were more afraid of something else, that's what they would carry.
Charles Darwin
I would expect fewer 'heat of the moment' shootings if there were fewer guns.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by slapsymcdougal
What, that a bomb is as quick and easy as a gun?

Not quite as quick, not quite as easy, but significantly more effective if mass casualty is your end-game.
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal

I'd imagine a criminal without a gun wouldn't be very intimidating.

Still, the whole is shitty. No idea how serious the conflict was, but it was enough for a guy to pull out a gun and use it just 'cuz he lost his shit instead of self-defense.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
One of these days, a student with a carry permit is going to take out one of these shooters. Hopefully that will give some pause to future people who think of doing something like this.
Quote by Cardbored
I'd imagine a criminal without a gun wouldn't be very intimidating.

Still, the whole is shitty. No idea how serious the conflict was, but it was enough for a guy to pull out a gun and use it just 'cuz he lost his shit instead of self-defense.

You're not very imaginative, are you?

Quote by Arby911
Not quite as quick, not quite as easy, but significantly more effective if mass casualty is your end-game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing

500lb of home made explosives, the wrong area of town evacuated. You're looking at 15lb or explosives per kill.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Oct 9, 2015,
I note that it's premature to speculate on the cause and reasonableness of this incident.

It may come out that it was entirely unjustified.

It may not.
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You're not very imaginative, are you?

Sure there's alternative weapons and stuff, but really a gun's probably the easiest method since ANYONE can use one.

^I can't see it being justified unless the shooter was a dumbass hurting 3 other people while trying to protect himself, intentional or not.

edit: forget that I'm making assumptions, still not enough details to go on
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Last edited by Cardbored at Oct 9, 2015,
Quote by Arby911
I note that it's premature to speculate on the cause and reasonableness of this incident.

It may come out that it was entirely unjustified.

It may not.

Justified that 10 people were murdered in their school? Okay i get that youre a troll and all, and usually thats fine, but trying to justify the fact that 17 people have died this year by getting shot in their school just makes you a complete asshole.
Quote by Irondevil
Justified that 10 people were murdered in their school? Okay i get that youre a troll and all, and usually thats fine, but trying to justify the fact that 17 people have died this year by getting shot in their school just makes you a complete asshole.

I think you need to step back, take a deep breath and reread what I wrote.
Charles Darwin
Quote by metaldud536

At housing, again like the first incident this doesn't appear to be a "school shooting" as the term is used in the media.

And again, if it had not happened on campus property it wouldn't even be news.
Charles Darwin
Lolmerica
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I also wonder that if pro-gun individuals would mostly switch their views if they had someone involved/killed in a shooting. Fyi, I'm American and I don't really know what my views are with guns anyway. It's just messy, like I said.
Page 1 of 3