just wondering if anyone is getting the Line 6 Helix ? I am thinking about getting one but- and the but is- I want it to sound good and without the need to do lots of tweaking , I guess I am lazy and just want it all there and not like the hd500. So I am waiting to see The other thing I am worried about is - I like the push buttons on the hd500 , they felt strong and I feel the hd500 was built like a tank , the helix on the other hand I feel by looks might not be as strong . so what do you guys think about the helix ???
Enjoy 595 pages of painful I mean pleasant research.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/

For $1.5k it better survive nuclear fallout. Also it is an absolute beast from what I understand. And I remember someone saying (true or not) that the HD500's models were actually down-ported versions of what the Helix has. It's been in works for a while.

We also had a thread on it a while back: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1681676&highlight=Helix
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 9, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
Enjoy 595 pages of painful I mean pleasant research.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/

For $1.5k it better survive nuclear fallout. Also it is an absolute beast from what I understand. And I remember someone saying (true or not) that the HD500's models were actually down-ported versions of what the Helix has. It's been in works for a while.

We also had a thread on it a while back: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1681676&highlight=Helix

thanks!
Quote by dazzzer30
just wondering if anyone is getting the Line 6 Helix ? I am thinking about getting one but- and the but is- I want it to sound good and without the need to do lots of tweaking , I guess I am lazy and just want it all there and not like the hd500. So I am waiting to see The other thing I am worried about is - I like the push buttons on the hd500 , they felt strong and I feel the hd500 was built like a tank , the helix on the other hand I feel by looks might not be as strong . so what do you guys think about the helix ???

Wait, you're looking at a photo and deciding that the buttons aren't as strong?

Buy something else.

No, seriously. If you don't want any tweaking or complexity, buy something else.

The buttons on the Helix are designed so that you can basically just barely touch them and change things. No requirement for a *stomp*. My heartfelt suggestion is that you wait until you can get somewhere where you can see one *properly* demo'd through the down-range guitar its intended to be used with. Poke at the buttons yourself and listen to the results and make your own decision about how lazy you can be with it. This is NOT going to be an item you can evaluate based on Internet Consenseless. Nor is it something that is going to give you the best that it's got within 15 minutes of tearing open the packaging.

And to answer your question: Yes, I'm getting a Helix.
Last edited by dspellman at Oct 9, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane

No, the HD500's models are not actually down-ported versions of what the Helix has.

Yes, it's been in the works for a while.

$1500 is the price of the floorboard version of the Helix.

If you want the rackmount version, you will pay $1500 for that as well. And then you will pay an additional $500 for the floorboard pedal that goes WITH the rack mount. Grand total $2000.
Quote by SpeedSterHR
Maybe this is more simple/appropriate for you:

It doesn't cost much more and it has potential to be better in some ways than Helix

I would never discount anything that ISP develops; they have some amazing minds working in engineering there.

The problem is that they have absolute zeros working in their marketing department, and because they're SO engineering oriented, they have no idea how to hire people for marketing. I really really wish them well, because they've got some great and innovative pieces out there in the market with some solid engineering behind them, but no one knows they exist.
dspellman - you are getting a little too fanboi-ish.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm definitely curious but at that price it better be comparable to Fractal's units. I think I'm more interested in the AX8 to be honest.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by dspellman
I would never discount anything that ISP develops; they have some amazing minds working in engineering there.

The problem is that they have absolute zeros working in their marketing department, and because they're SO engineering oriented, they have no idea how to hire people for marketing. I really really wish them well, because they've got some great and innovative pieces out there in the market with some solid engineering behind them, but no one knows they exist.

Not discounting them. There might be some presets on there that the TS likes off the bat, in which case it could be simpler than a Helix. But if the TS had to make his own patches it could be a lot more complicated since it isn't model based, but rather gives you the ability to dial in what you want thru EQ shaping, etc. Sounds harder to get what you want out of it than a Mesa Triple Rec or worse yet, a Mark V, but all I've seen of the ISP it is that one video, so I don't know.

You're from LA, right? Can you recommend a shop where I could try one of these out in person?
fuck line 6, the theta pro is where it is at for me.

however i wouldn't pay that much though for a MFX, not even AXE.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by SpeedSterHR
Not discounting them. There might be some presets on there that the TS likes off the bat, in which case it could be simpler than a Helix. But if the TS had to make his own patches it could be a lot more complicated since it isn't model based, but rather gives you the ability to dial in what you want thru EQ shaping, etc. Sounds harder to get what you want out of it than a Mesa Triple Rec or worse yet, a Mark V, but all I've seen of the ISP it is that one video, so I don't know.

You're from LA, right? Can you recommend a shop where I could try one of these out in person?

Drive out to Calabasas, drop in to Line 6. They'll have a demo in the reception area .
There are also seven GC's in LA (more?). If any of them have it, the one on Sunset certainly will.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
fuck line 6, the theta pro is where it is at for me.

Has it been released yet? I haven't actually seen one in the wild.
Quote by dspellman

Going by demos on both.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dspellman

Yes.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ThetaProDSP

But that's a long drive from LA; farther than the Valley

I figured Helixes would be easy to find, I was wondering who'd have a demo of the Theta around town. ISP headquarters in Michigan is even farther than Fort Wayne.

Locally, GC only stocks the Decimator pedal. They aren't even listing the Theta Pro online yet. The Guitar Row location has some nice upscale guitars/amps and I just bought a Triple Play there in the summer, but there are better GCs for demoing effects. I've found most of the Sam Ash locations to be better for testing gear, and find myself spending more time & money across the street from the "mothership GC".

Truetone was even more impressive for high-end non-metal guitars and boutique amps, but I've only been there once and that day my focus was on seeing whether Fender Custom Shop guitars were worth it over AM Deluxes (verdict: no). I didn't pay the meters long enough to check out FX there; my impression was they cater to individual boutique pedals and would likely look down their noses at any MFX, no matter how high-end. They don't list any MFX in their eBay store, but that only has a fraction of the store stock. It was cool getting to check out some of the Fender 10 for 15 guitars and new signature models in person, too.

Any shops in LA that break that mold and stock stuff like rack effects, used Axe FX, new ISP MFX, and other high-end MFX, or do I need to make a pilgrimage to Ft Wayne?