Page 1 of 2
Safe to assume most of you are outta there by now..

do you miss it?

If you were given the chance to do some part of it over again, would you go back?
I'd relive that moment when the girl with the best ass in school's skirt lifted up and nothing but Bare ass and G-string.

Other than that, school can fuck right off.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Fuck no, highschool sucked.

And if I could go back yes I would, but I probably wouldn't get my diploma, I wouldn't show up to class, but I'd get laid a ton and party hard.
I miss it a small amount. I appreciate the times when you didn't have to think about anything else. Going to school every day was trivial. My highschool friends were also the most fun and the ones I mostly stuck around with, my university friends are mostly boring.

Nowadays there's more stress, but there's more freedom to go along with it. How successful you are depends on how badly you want to be successful. I make significantly more money than I would if I was in high school and has just graduated to a regular job. I've done the whole degree thing, and now I am free. I feel I have reached the pinnacle. Nothing will outdo this feeling. My nightmares consists of moments where either I am jailed for some awful reason or I am still in school and being forced to learn something. You cannot beat knowing that the horror is over.
Wake up, go mess about with friends for 7 hours, come home (which is paid for by parents), eat food bought by parents then do whatever I want for hours and repeat.

Why would I not miss that? Nowadays, I have adult shit to think about and responsibilities
Last edited by sam b at Oct 10, 2015,
I miss it insofar as not having a care in the world you know? Like the main concern everyday was wondering what you were going to have for dinner that night. I also miss seeing my friends everyday. Nowadays I see my friends maybe once every 2 months which sucks.

Besides that though I'm so glad to be out of there.
I miss seeing my friends everyday. I don't miss the empty headed jocks and their cock juggling plastic companions.
I miss that like 11-15 age range where you had no responsibilities and could just play basketball and hockey with friends for hours, and sit and play Playstation for an entire Saturday and there was no guilt that you should be doing something else. Just the general fuck around outside doing nothing.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't miss it in the least bit. I hated it then and I still hate it long after I've been gone. Whats to miss? The constant drama from all of your stupid peers full of hormonal unbalance? Teachers and school staff treating everyone like a criminal because of a few individuals who would be better off dead? Being told what to do everyday for years just to be told at the end "Everything you did here was a lie, and will never help you in life"? Being sat in front of a computer for hours to "learn" math because the staff is under trained and doesn't know how to handle badly behaved teenagers?

Fuck all that noise, I like being an independent adult who chooses the kind of people they're around instead of a "class" of delinquents and is rewarded in the real world when I've done something right or good, like taking a course to move up from the position I hold where I work.
High school was fine, but every year since leaving high school has been progressively more fulfilling and enjoyable. Despite additional responsibilities.
The only thing I miss about highschool is drama class. Everything else was shit
e-married to Jack (bladez)
yeah i miss it. of course i've been out of high school longer than most (or all) on this thread have been alive. lets see in high school no real worries, now wife, mortgage etc. yup i miss those days for sure.
I hated high school, I didn't even want to go to graduation. It's not that I was bullied or anything, I just saw it as a colossal waste of time
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
I miss band
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i'd like to back and do a few things differently. mainly do all kinds of shit i could have gotten away with just a slap on the wrist as a minor.

and be less of an oblivious idiot with girls that were clearly into me.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I kind of miss it. I was young and naive. I still am, but less so in somewhat equal measure.

If I had the chance to go over it again I'd exploit my knowledge and use it to excel in exams, social interactions, business ventures, etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
I kind of miss it. I was young and naive. I still am, but less so in somewhat equal measure.

If I had the chance to go over it again I'd exploit my knowledge and use it to excel in exams, social interactions, business ventures, etc

Would you make sure you brought a sports almanac?
lol at anyone who says life is so careless and there are no responsibilities; don't know how the fuck you got hooked up with that.

I'm a sophomore and am forced to work my ass off already. I get up, go to school, get home from cross country practice at around 5:00 then eat dinner quickly after my shower, start homework, finish homework, sleep. The only free time I have is lunch and the weekends, and most weeks during the season the weekend is only one day because a cross country meet takes up the whole saturday.

Not saying I don't like cross country, it's just not very fun (very rewarding and awesome people though (average gpa on the team is 3.68.)) I only have one actual sophomore class, and that's advanced english 10 which I have no choice in taking, everything else is either a junior class or an elective. I might graduate after my junior year, most likely scenario is that I apply at Madison; if I get in graduate and if I don't go to UW Green Bay for half the day for free and high school for the other half. I have a gpa of 3.78 right now. I have a history of doing well on standardized tests, so the ACT shouldn't be the thing that holds me back from graduating, it would be because I'm not ready or I didn't take all the classes that I should have or something like that. I can't wait to get out of this hell whole.
Last edited by ehbacon at Oct 10, 2015,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Would you make sure you brought a sports almanac?
nah i was fat when i was at hs
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by ehbacon
lol at anyone who says life is so careless and there are no responsibilities; don't know how the fuck you got hooked up with that.

I'm a sophomore and am forced to work my ass off already. I get up, go to school, get home from cross country practice at around 5:00 then eat dinner quickly after my shower, start homework, finish homework, sleep. The only free time I have is lunch and the weekends, and most weeks during the season the weekend is only one day because a cross country meet takes up the whole saturday.

Not saying I don't like cross country, it's just not very fun (very rewarding and awesome people though (average gpa on the team is 3.68.)) I only have one actual sophomore class, and that's advanced english 10 which I have no choice in taking, everything else is either a junior class or an elective. I might graduate after my junior year, most likely scenario is that I apply at Madison; if I get in graduate and if I don't go to UW Green Bay for half the day for free and high school for the other half. I have a gpa of 3.78 right now. I have a history of doing well on standardized tests, so the ACT shouldn't be the thing that holds me back from graduating, it would be because I'm not ready or I didn't take all the classes that I should have or something like that. I can't wait to get out of this hell whole.

Because everything 'academic' at high school was piss easy.
in fairness the difficulty in high school is the social world, being pushed through a creatively destructive system and being forced to remember endless streams of poorly-explained and poorly taught concepts all at once, where you are constantly reminded that your working memory is what will define your official intelligence regarding higher education

and that's not just terrifying it's cruel
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
in fairness the difficulty in high school is the social world, being pushed through a creatively destructive system and being forced to remember endless streams of poorly-explained and poorly taught concepts all at once, where you are constantly reminded that your working memory is what will define your official intelligence regarding higher education

and that's not just terrifying it's cruel

That's not difficult, either.

I just skipped that.
so did i but i can sympathise with those who struggle with that aspect.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
so did i but i can sympathise with those who struggle with that aspect.

I cut empathy as well, so I can't.
There are many things I would've done differently but no sense in looking backwards.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
fair enough
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Because everything 'academic' at high school was piss easy.

Not if you putyourself in all advanced and AP classes. High school is really only easy if you are lazy. Maybe the actual content is simple, but I can assure you the workload is far from easy.
School was alright. I did things with people and that was alright.

I like where I'm at now, but I do less things with less people, and that feels kind of shitty sometimes. Not shitty enough to make me wish I were back in high school, though.

In school you could easily coordinate cheap trips with people. Now it seems like no one can or wants to do anything and everything breaks the bank

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Hmmm..being forced to be with people I despise all day, making no money, and having to spend my nights doing homework VS making money, having nice stuff, and not having to do a god damn thing I don't want to after 5 pm..tough call
Check out my band Disturbed
I miss it a bit, and regret not sticking with certain things or trying harder or keeping in touch with friends. I never really had any bad experiences in school either so I don't hate it. if I got the chance to go back in time to redo it, I probably would. I think I could come out much happier and better.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Yeah, Drones 101 was really the only useful class. Chemistry was ok as well, I guess, but you never even got to properly test your napalm
Quote by ehbacon at #33631659
Not if you putyourself in all advanced and AP classes. High school is really only easy if you are lazy. Maybe the actual content is simple, but I can assure you the workload is far from easy.

If you think high school's workload is hard, you're gonna have a fun time in college.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
If you think high school's workload is hard, you're gonna have a fun time in college.

My first two years at university were easier than my last two in high school.
Academically it was a pushover and the lack of responsibilities was pretty awesome. But that was the only good thing about high school, but even that sucked in a way because I had no freedom to do what I want. A huge majority of the people I had to put up with were racist, homophobic neonazis that nowadays form the backbone of my local area's drug dealing. The bullies there were ruthless. The teachers I had were hopelessly incompetent. But mostly because the whole school was understaffed to deal with a school of such a size.

I don't miss it. But I'd definitely change the academic ambitions I had given the chance.

As soon as I went to college, the difficulty of the work was far worse than I expected.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 10, 2015,
Seeing as I wasn't very attractive back then and I had no friends for half of high school......NOPE

Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeah none of my APs prepared me for more than my first week of college. Granted I went to a very competitive school so it was probably a lot harder than if I had gone somewhere else, but getting hung up on how hard your classes in high school are is not going to help you at all. I don't regret taking my APs though I definitely would've been worse off if I just took normal classes.
cat
Quote by ErikLensherr

yeah but there is less class time overall in college, so that makes the difference.

Edit: plus you save money and it looks good on applications ^
Last edited by ehbacon at Oct 10, 2015,
What is it they always say? For every hour of classtime, you spend 3 studying/preparing?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2