Here is my new '2016 Les Paul Traditional T' in 'Light Burst'.

What's to say really.It's an LP Traditional.
I've had three Gibson LP's in the past before this one.
A Standard back in '04 which got gigged to death and beat up and was put to one side and then sold due to constant tuning issues which back then i did'nt know how to fix.I used my SG as my main after that which was great.
I had an LPJ which was a very primitive affair with god awful black pickup covers which got sold and i had a 2013 Standard which i took back to the store because it would'nt stay in tune and it pissed me off because i'd just spent close to 2k on it and it also had belt buckle marks on the back which i did'nt notice before.
The Gibson Les Paul has always been a dream guitar for me but i've been sorely let down by the reality of them.However being stubborn i was'nt ready to give up!There must be a good one out there somewhere which is'nt custom shop price(which i can't afford).
I was planning on getting a new one earlier on in 2015 but that model was just too far out for me,It was'nt my dream guitar.It was something else.I just did'nt want all that crap attached to my LP.
So as soon as i saw that the 2016 models were back to basics i decided that now is the time!
I had enough money for the Traditional so i went for it!
I am not disappointed.I actually think she might be perfect.I love this guitar and she will be mine now forever.Finally!!
It's really nice to play.It might just be me but the neck feels much less baseball bat like than a Traditional that i tried back in 2014.There's not too much flame which is a plus for me.For some reason i prefer plain tops or just minimal flameyness.
She sounds great.The pickups are the '57 classic and '57 classic plus.
Anyway.....Here she is.....

Does it stay in tune tho
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Does it stay in tune tho
Oh no!I must've missed that part.YES!!!!It does!I can't actually believe it.

You know,I'm very easy to please.I don't want coil splits or taps or out of phase tones.I'm old school i just use the volume and tone controls.I just wanted a Gibson LP that stayed in tune and it's taken me this long to find it.
Quote by EyeballPaul at #33631158
Oh no!I must've missed that part.YES!!!!It does!I can't actually believe it.

You know,I'm very easy to please.I don't want coil splits or taps or out of phase tones.I'm old school i just use the volume and tone controls.I just wanted a Gibson LP that stayed in tune and it's taken me this long to find it.

Could've simply adjusted the nut slots instead of going through a revolving door of Les Pauls.

But I'm glad that Gibson are making proper LP's again.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Could've simply adjusted the nut slots instead of going through a revolving door of Les Pauls.

But I'm glad that Gibson are making proper LP's again.
I think Gibson should do that for me in with the price tbh.
Vintage managed it alright on a £280 LP copy i have
Quote by EyeballPaul

Not entirely sure what Vintage used as the nut material. Doesn't look or feel like regular plastic, but it doesn't seem like TUSQ either. Either way, they got right what Gibson had been getting wrong for decades

Happy NGD!
Look out, there's a weird goblin-looking thing in your neck pickup!

Other than that, looks nice.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EyeballPaul

Every new guitar (no matter who makes it) should get a setup, be it by a pro or yourself if you know how to do it. My MIA Fender Strat plus needed one, both my MIJ Elitists needed one, my PRS needed one, my Taylor needed one and my Gibsons too. Learn to do this yourself, invest in a few tools and you wont have to buy and sell guitars at a loss for something that costs a few dollars to do.
Sometimes its not even an adjustment, its putting lube in the nut or knowing how to string your guitar properly.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Oct 10, 2015,
Rock on! Looks bad ass glad to see a nod to the old school!

HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Very Nice, good for you. I've got a 2011 Traditional and it is outstanding in every way except the weight. Not a big deal but you will notice during a 2 hour jam.
Sweet guitar. Congrats.

Quote by Marrowoflife
I've got a 2011 Traditional and it is outstanding in every way except the weight.

FWIW Gibson makes a huge padded strap for heavy Les Pauls. Guitar Center sells them but they’re usually in one of the tryout/platinum rooms instead of on the main sales floor.
very nice

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Look out, there's a weird goblin-looking thing in your neck pickup!

hahahahahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very nice and congrats!

I love the series. The initial TradPro model (weight-relieved) with the classic '60s neck and the 2013 without the weight relief and the '50s baseball neck were closed out for very silly, buy it fast prices. Thanks to Greg for spamming the forums a while back.
Hey I've been thinking of buying a Gibson Les Paul Standard 2016 T but i need advice on whether I should get one or just buy a cheaper guitar and buy an amp instead. I have a Peavey Valveking !00 head and the Gibson LP Standard is basically my dream guitar. I actually played a traditional and didn't like the neck thickness or the width (i think it's slightly wider than the standard) or the humbuckers. Well the HB were ok but the Burstbucker Pros on the Standard where just so much more powerful.

Any way any help would be appreciated
cheers
Looks amazing! Great score!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by karsaorlong90
Hey I've been thinking of buying a Gibson Les Paul Standard 2016 T but i need advice on whether I should get one or just buy a cheaper guitar and buy an amp instead. I have a Peavey Valveking !00 head and the Gibson LP Standard is basically my dream guitar. I actually played a traditional and didn't like the neck thickness or the width (i think it's slightly wider than the standard) or the humbuckers. Well the HB were ok but the Burstbucker Pros on the Standard where just so much more powerful.

Any way any help would be appreciated
cheers

probably make a thread of your own (if you haven't already), you'll get more answers there- most people won't realise this question is hidden in another thread.

it's up to you, really- the VK isn't bad and if the gibson is your dream guitar once you get it you could save up for a better amp. whereas if you split the budget you'll end up with a better amp than you have now, but probably not your dream amp, and you won't have your dream guitar either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?