Page 1 of 2
Man children, and relatives who forgot their birthdays and it's a last minute thing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
We live in a world of gimmick and hype.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Just looked them up to see what they are.

Lol.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
i drunkenly paid for the Amiibo ones because i didn't do the math, so i ended up paying something like $20 more than retail for all the ones i got, plus i have some i didn't even want in the first place.

ordered another one because it was an anniversary thing and actually had some neat stuff in it.

i check their site every now and then to see if they're selling old extras from previous months because you can see what's actually in it.

other than that, they're really not interesting. they hype the shit out of what's going to be in each months box and it always ends up being disappointing. at least for the saps who bought them.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Oct 10, 2015,
The real loot crate is the collective of the people who buy this shit.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Viewers of Youtube "celebrities" who get paid to advertise it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Arent they like boxes of little collectible stuff like video game and comics and whatever stuff

Seems fine to me collecting and displaying stuff you like is a fine hobby
i've said this many times, gaming 'culture' is one of the cringiest things out there

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I've actually got an idea to start a similar subscription-based e-commerce business geared towards another target audience but I'll say no more lest somebody steal it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Hardcore gamers who spend most of their time wanking over obscure, garbage games buy loot crates. I don't imagine anyone else does. Seems like a waste of money to me.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Arent they like boxes of little collectible stuff like video game and comics and whatever stuff

Seems fine to me collecting and displaying stuff you like is a fine hobby

Collectible stuff is fine but loot crate is just tat like a Pokeball stress ball or a Star Trek air freshener like not quality collectors stuff just rubbish plastic crap from China
Mostly chicks in my experience. Either that or the dudes who get them dont own up to it

^google it, its basically an overpriced box of revelling in nerd culture
Last edited by whywefight at Oct 10, 2015,
I considered it because highly materialistic but they're hit and miss, the P&P is too high, and let's face it I could buy food and camera gear with that money
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Just looked it up, too hit-and-miss. Looking through their past crates it feels like for every item that makes me actually kind of interested, there's two or three that vary from unappealing to embarrassing to own. Plus I don't like the idea of having a subscription to something I have no idea the content of.

It doesn't help either that the site reeks of that "lol I'm such a geek look how geeky I am isn't it funny and epic and totally cool this is a pop culture reference and I'm going to make that blatantly obvious instead of being clever and subtle with it uwu" thing that annoys the fuck out of me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 10, 2015,
so it's like card packs and all that shit? where you pay for the chance to get something good?

these are interesting imo. but also cruel and shitty
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i've said this many times, gaming 'culture' is one of the cringiest things out there

yeah
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33631437

It's kinda like they took their hatred of sports/bro culture where people are extremely into that thing and are obnoxious about it to outsiders and look down on others, and were like "Hey, I hate how those people act. Let's do the same thing." But some of them also wear fedoras so it's even worse
Wow no. I'd heard of it before, but I had no idea what it was about. I thought it was another one of those curated clothing deals.
There didn't used to be a nerd culture. Now it's as if everyone's got something to prove and is trying to out-nerd one another.

What a bunch of nerds. Loot Crate is merely a symptom of a bigger problem, which is young people finding an identity through consumerism.
Last edited by sashki at Oct 10, 2015,
Don't act like we're so much better tho posting on a guitar forum straight outta 2003.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by sashki
There didn't used to be a nerd culture. Now it's as if everyone's got something to prove and is trying to out-nerd one another.

What a bunch of nerds. Loot Crate is merely a symptom of a bigger problem, which is young people finding an identity through consumerism.

My main problem with it is that the people who proclaim themselves nerds often associate superior intellect with the word even though they're usually some of the daftest individuals around.

Being smart has shitall to do with most of 'nerd culture'. If anything I'd say most stuff like that is for stupid people.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33631565
Don't act like we're so much better tho posting on a guitar forum straight outta 2003.

hey we're trying to feel superior to others right now.

ok?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Isn't a lot of this stuff basically just the clearance bin junk at gamestop and fye?
Quote by JamSessionFreak
My main problem with it is that the people who proclaim themselves nerds often associate superior intellect with the word even though they're usually some of the daftest individuals around.

Being smart has shitall to do with most of 'nerd culture'. If anything I'd say most stuff like that is for stupid people.

I mean I'm a smart person (I don't think I am but my Masters degree says otherwise) and I like a bit of nerd culture stuff but the people obsessed with Marvel shit and superheroes are just so lol it's like they saw The Big Bang Theory and decided it was a video guide of how to base their life and interests off like come on guys have a bit of originality in your interests

Like comic book store guys wow cool you work doing something you enjoy but what a fucking Dead end job

And those are the people who buy loot crates
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33631571

I just want it to be on the record that I am a nerd and I play video games but I'm dumb as fuck

Nerd culture has just as much potential of being cringey as anything else.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm not that dumb
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Nerd culture is more cringey tban celebrity or sports culture IMO since fans of those are actually inspired by real people
Quote by JamSessionFreak

doesn't compete with bronies, if they're still a thing
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Nerd culture is more cringey tban celebrity or sports culture IMO since fans of those are actually inspired by real people

I don't see what's wrong about being inspired by fiction/fictional people. Sort of what art does half the time
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I mean I'm a smart person (I don't think I am but my Masters degree says otherwise) and I like a bit of nerd culture stuff but the people obsessed with Marvel shit and superheroes are just so lol it's like they saw The Big Bang Theory and decided it was a video guide of how to base their life and interests off like come on guys have a bit of originality in your interests

Like comic book store guys wow cool you work doing something you enjoy but what a fucking Dead end job

And those are the people who buy loot crates

Dude you're a full grown man obsessed with Taylor Swift, maybe take the pointless elitism down a notch yeah
I have a variety of obsessions ranging from Taylor Swift to Arsenal so it all balances out and I appear normal and can generally blend in.

Quote by Fat Lard
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33544820&postcount=47

no offense ETR but you seem pretty dork culture m8

Nah I aint dork culture I have a top degree and a professional job Nerd culture if anything.
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Oct 10, 2015,
Nah you're definitely not a nerd

Geek/dork I'd say
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Page 1 of 2