Ok I'm new the guitar world and ever sense I started playing I always seem to get these loud harmonics on the open D string. sometimes on the open A. I've learned how to set up my guitars because of this. I've also had them both set up by a reputable shop because of this loud pinging noise. I always here it when I play along to songs. and it turns my head like nails on a calk board.

I wanna see if any of you guys can steer me in the right direction. I've replaced 2 power tubes, and also numerous preamp tubes thinking they were the culprit. New cables, new spearkers, speaker wire. on a power conditioner. usually if I try a distortion peddle it seems to go away, but today I heard it though that too.

my gear is..

Schecter hellraiser- active emg pickups.. drop D tuning. most noticable. guitar in vid
Schecter stealth - passive pickups.. drop C tuning. can also here this
krank pro rev junior. noon on everything in the vid.
playing though 2 greenbacks

I haven't tried another amp but I do remember this on my stealth on a frontman 212 last year. I do think it is the amp. I usually like to figure things out before I send them away. I'm a auto tech so this is more of a challenge tome. So before I give up and have a shop look at it. I wanna see what you guys think.

I'm new like I said this video is for this noise really. again everything on noon volume pot back off to 8 if 10 is full.

thanks ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYWwDlVMI8&feature=youtu.be
Could you indicate precisely where in the video the problem can be heard? Because I don't hear anything really wrong, only the normal "mud" that you get with high gain when you're not using both your hands to control your strings properly.

Controlling your strings means making contact with the strings you don't play, to keep them from starting to vibrate on their own (which will be mercilessly amplified with high gain). Both hands can be used for this, and the tricky part is that if you touch an unplayed string just on an harmonic, instead of muting it, you will get a loud unwanted harmonic. In this case, be careful where you're touching the string and/or use several fingers.
Guitars: Music Man JP7 2009 (piezo) and JP6 2013, Fender Stratocaster US 1991
I don't hear any harmonics. Are you talking about that background noise (pretty high pitched)? If yes, make sure you (or your amp) aren't near your computer or any other electronic device. I also get that kind of noise when I move my guitar close to my computer.

Aside from that noise, I don't hear anything strange. I don't hear any harmonics.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I understand about muting I was strictly trying to make the noise more loud for the video. but yeah its the high pitch bell ringing noises you here. it could be the computer. I usually run music though my laptop because my phone makes the amp go crazy. but your talking about 2 feet away. maybe I should try re positioning things..

What you heard is a really bad riff from hand of blood from BFMV which I would have played on my drop c guitar. But the Hellraiser makes my issue louder, I think because of the active pickups?

Over time I noticed that the higher gain comes with alot of other noises, sense turned down the gain. every knob was at noon in the video like I stated. it seems like if I turn down the highs it seems to not be so loud.

I also don't really know what to call it. A buddy at work who is a amazing guitarist in a band said harmonics, but he really doesn't know anything after the output jack of the guitar.
Turn off all the electronic devices in the room (start with your computer) and see if that fixes the problem.

Yes, adding gain does also add noise. Same thing with adding volume.

If the noise is high pitched, of course turning down the treble will also reduce the noise, because the treble knob controls high frequencies.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115