Hi, all.

So, I am pretty new to guitar playing and tab writing, and am attempting to learn Dream On by Aerosmith. I have Tuxguitar, so I downloaded the power tab for the song. There was no info on the website for who submitted it, but in Tuxguitar, in the "transcribed by" section it shows it was transcribed by Patrick Mabry and Andy Aldort. Since I will only be playing this by myself, I rearranged it so that its set for just one guitar playing.

I feel their might be others like me who would want this version of the tabs, but I also want to make sure I credit, or have permission, from the original transcribers.

So, if I were to upload my rearranged tab, is it enough to mention I modified it from the tab transcribed by Patrick Mabry and Andy Aldort? Or would I need their actual permission (something I probably wouldn't get, as I have no idea how to contact them).

Thanks in advance.
Quote by sdoyle7798
Hi, all.

So, I am pretty new to guitar playing and tab writing, and am attempting to learn Dream On by Aerosmith. I have Tuxguitar, so I downloaded the power tab for the song. There was no info on the website for who submitted it, but in Tuxguitar, in the "transcribed by" section it shows it was transcribed by Patrick Mabry and Andy Aldort. Since I will only be playing this by myself, I rearranged it so that its set for just one guitar playing.

I feel their might be others like me who would want this version of the tabs, but I also want to make sure I credit, or have permission, from the original transcribers.

So, if I were to upload my rearranged tab, is it enough to mention I modified it from the tab transcribed by Patrick Mabry and Andy Aldort? Or would I need their actual permission (something I probably wouldn't get, as I have no idea how to contact them).

Thanks in advance.

You can contact Andy thru Guitar World Magazine.