My Schecter Damien Elite has very annoyingly dulled out frets and I'm done with it. I can either try to buy a replacement neck and risk it not fitting since I can only find the non "Elite" replacement necks (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161848043367?rmvSB=true) which I also would like input on as to if that's a good/bad idea or just simply sell it.

A normal used Schecter goes for about $325 but I don't want to f**k anyone ever like they did to me a year ago so how much would you gets recommend I drop the price or if it's even worth attempting to sell with dulled frets? I know most of you here are probably going to be like "who cares it's just a cheap guitar" but hay I'm only two years in and not rich, any help is appreciated.
What do you mean by "dulled" frets? Are they worn down or merely tarnished/dirty? Pics might help.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
They've been worn and have become a fairly flat on the surface after a lot of bending for years I assume. Around 3-4 frets have terrible sustain because the string touches the higher frets.

Having this be my first real guitar, I only became aware of this when a guitar tech told me that I'd need a "fret dress" real soon. Does that make sense or is there something I'm misunderstanding?
Quote by killskye33
Having this be my first real guitar, I only became aware of this when a guitar tech told me that I'd need a "fret dress" real soon.

This is just normal wear and tear for a guitar. But that doesn’t mean you should ditch the guitar. Just get the frets dressed.
Quote by jpnyc
This is just normal wear and tear for a guitar. But that doesn’t mean you should ditch the guitar. Just get the frets dressed.

Oh wow I looked an estimate for this a while ago a saw it in the hundreds, maybe I wasn't searching correctly.
Geeze sorry for the pretty pointless post guys. Either way thanks for the input.
A mask is a bit of metal that slips over the fret so that the cleaner doesn't contact the wood of the fretboard. Here's a commercial version:

http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Tools_by_Job/Necks_and_Fingerboards/StewMac_Fingerboard_Guards.html

They're easy to make from aluminium drink can - you can cut it with a pair of ordinary scissors.
Quote by killskye33
Oh wow I looked an estimate for this a while ago a saw it in the hundreds, maybe I wasn't searching correctly.

$200–$300 is typical for replacing the frets—the high end is for guitars with binding nibs. It should be substantially less expensive to just dress the frets and only replace those with deep divots.
if you really like that guitar, you could have them refret with nickle silver (regular fret) or stainless steel. I had two guitars refret with SS frets (just need partial dressing but i decided to ask my guitar tech to install Jescar SS on them both). I guess it's kinda stupid thing to do since i own many guitars. It cost more than the guitar but they play like butter. Well worth the money.
Pictures or it didn't happen.

2005 Washburn Idol WI-64 distressed hardware (bought it relic'd with OHSC)

99' Washburn Maverick BT-6 (Super-vee Maglok trem stabilizer, MightMite Bluebucker, Pacman fret marker)
i have retired two guitars due to fretwear, they both NEED a full refret though. one is a 1982 gibson sonex (i paid $200 for it), and i can't justify spending more than it is worth. the other is a fender showmaster. that one would be more worth it for me, but i can't justify it when i can pick up a new (used) one for not a whole lot more.

you could try to do the refret yourself. i haven't tried it, but if you fuck it up, at least you wouldn't be hurting it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Tony Done
A mask is a bit of metal that slips over the fret so that the cleaner doesn't contact the wood of the fretboard. Here's a commercial version:

http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Tools_by_Job/Necks_and_Fingerboards/StewMac_Fingerboard_Guards.html

They're easy to make from aluminium drink can - you can cut it with a pair of ordinary scissors.

i have the stewmac guards in the link and i love them.

i didn't think of trying to cut them out of an aluminum can though. good idea.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by Tony Done
I've got both. I find the Stewmac ones a bit too thick for some jobs, like polishing fret ends.

I cut the aluminium can ones in a "U" shape, that is with one end open, then close the open end with a couple of thicknesses of masking tape.

hmmmmm. i will have to try that. neat. thanks.

i really like the stew mac set because of the bands that hold them on there, i could easily cut them out of a can too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
For guards go to an art supply store and buy an eraser shield from the drafting department. I think the cost a dollar.