Hello fellow drop-tuned guitar players!
I quite often play songs with a guitar tuned in a dropped-d configuration, with two of my guitars being locked into dropped-C# and C, while changing others often into D and A#.
Over the years I have seen quite a few dropped-D specific chord shapes, yet when I searched both this site and the internet at large, I could find nary a resource that shows any of these chords, much less a collection of them!
Whether this is because nobody cares or because it is an unwritten rule that chords like these are supposed to be learned through experience and chord-building exercises on an individual level I cannot say, so I decided to provide my own chord chart for dropped tunings. I hope that others like me that are not practiced at building their own chords my find this useful.

I did my best to standardize these like regular barre-chord charts, meaning that the chords are based around the open 6-string of Low-D, with each chord shape able to be slid up the neck in barre-chord fashion. The exceptions to this are the very few open chords that I include near the end of the list, since I doubt that most players reading can perform a 12-fret spread!
The Master Chart:

Please note that I am not well versed in music or chord theory and that the names for these chords were pulled from Hal-Leonard guitar books where I saw them; I simply transposed them down as necessary to put them in to a D tuning instead of being further up the neck. Most of these chords are from Breaking Benjamin tab-books.
Standard Chords

D5 Chords.

The most common chords played in dropped tunings, commonly only the bottom 3 strings are played, though I personally prefer adding in the 4th string often times when I want a fuller and brighter sound, and I will often use 5 string chords when playing an acoustic that is dropped. The bulk of the barre-chords in this thread sound best with 4 strings played in my opinion, though 3 is good when you want the heavier sound and if the high notes might sound too busy when another guitar part is playing.

The D-Major Chord

Same principles ideas as the D5 chord. The stretching on this one with the pinky finger can be a strain for those who are not used to a 4-5 fret spread yet. I added the 00547x for completions sake, though I don't remember ever using it.

The D-Minor Chord

Again, I normally use the 0032xx style. It flows well to/from the Dsus2 that you will see next. The 003x6x is a more octave-style version used in the song "Sooner or Later" by Breaking Benjamin.

The Dsus2 Chord

Man I love this chord! Try the chorus chord progression from the Breaking Benjamin song "Unknown Soldier." Tune your guitar to Dropped-C and play 3335xx (x2)(F5), 77-10-9xx (x2)(Am), 88-10-10-xx (x2)(Bbsus2), 3335xx(x1)(F5 again), and 10-10-10-12-xx (x1)(C5). So simple yet so awesome with the distortion cranked!
Last edited by troy_d_f at Oct 11, 2015,
Transition/Bass-note Chords
Here are some chords that I saw far less frequently and many of these were normally used as transitions. The whole-note chord is the chord transposed like my previous ones, and the second bar has a specific example from a song with the chord un-transposed, though without the correct rhythm or any further detuning. In these, I placed the the transition chord as the middle chord so you can hear the way it ties the two surrounding chords together. Since I have no comments on these, I will just post them in a group.

Open Chords
The following are what I viewed as open chords. Some may be able to be shifted around the fretboard in a barre-chord, however I see it as similar to sliding a standard C-chord around in E-Standard turning. It is done, but it is still considered an open chord.
D-Major Open

E5 and E-minor

Definitely not difficult to slide around, but I placed them here since they are not D-chords like my previous entries yet belong on this list because they account for the dropped string.

Misc. Others

Please let me know if you found this helpful or have any suggestions! Keep on Rocking!

**Note: All tabs written by myself in Guitar Pro 6, exported from there and edited in Photoshop and resized in Windows 10 Photo Editor. Original chord names and shapes seen in Hal-Leonard guitar books "Breaking Benjamin - We Are Not Alone," "Breaking Benjamin - Phobia," "Breaking Benjamin - Dear Agony," "Shinedown - Amaryllis," and the Alfred Music Publishing book "Skillet - Awake."
Last edited by troy_d_f at Oct 11, 2015,
*reported* If you want to put lessons on the site then they should go through the proper systems for that, random lessons aren't supposed to go in the forums.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.