Hi guys, here is my latest offering. I'm not exactly sure what genre it falls into- instrumental rock at a guess! It is slightly mellower than what I normally go in for but I wanted to write something with a heavy focus on melody, particularly in the leads. I am reasonably happy with how it turned it out. Appreciate the first 30 seconds or so are a little slow but it serves as a lead in from the previous song on the album I'm planning so stick with it! Let me know what you think and, of course, C4C

https://soundcloud.com/increments-1/vision-of-you
Hey dude,

Thanks so much for checking one of my tracks again. I appreciate all your feedback.

Onward!

"Vision Of You" had an interesting, but slower start. Gradually, there's a build-up and the cadence becomes more fluid. The drum section seemed a little simplistic, though I understand you probably don't want them to sound too busy for this type of track. I am impressed by your ability to transition between sections so naturally. However, I didn't really like the outro to be honest, I felt like the climax could have been extended a little more.

Here are some of the moments in this track that captured my attention:

1:10 Beautiful lead tone, it reminded me of Jason Becker's.
1:43 The clean transition here worked really well. The chord progression kind of reminded me of Metallica's "Unforgiven 2"
2:52 Awesome transition here! If this were a live performance, I imagine you'd be stomping your foot on the boost pedal right here.
4:20 The bends here feel right on target pitch-wise and are very expressive
4:37 I wasn't really feeling the bend at first, but on second listen it fit in pretty well.

Overall this was an excellent track and it was demonstrative of your ability to play with unforced expression.

Cheers man!
Hey and thanks for your input!
Great emotional Song, you excactly hit my kind of taste! Phrasing and melody are so much more important than showing of his shredding skills without any melody IMO.
Can't say anything bad playingwise. The Ending is massive! The only thing i would work on is your tone, a bit more stereo delay to widen the sound or some Hall. But thats also a matter of taste. Anyways keep it up, you got my like!
Last edited by rafi.bit at Oct 13, 2015,
Richo,
The piano kind of reminds me of that recent hit "Take Me to Church" (Hozier). The guitar parts are my favorite parts, though the piano is good too. Getting surprisingly intense around 3:00, I like that, wouldn't mind more of that.....OK it came back, very good. Nice tune! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1687617
The piano intro is rather nice. I have a suggestion though. Have you considered using a different VST?

Specifically THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOglXHHz5c

I have a feeling that piano section would sound HUGE with a sound like this.
Dont look at the noises preset, look at the rest. 9:20 onwards.

The leadwork is just lovely. production is nice. Maybe boost the bass a wee bit?
The lead work here is really awesome. I loved the transition near the end where it got heavier

Keep it up man
Nice melodic progression at the start and I like how it continues into the song. The lead playing is tasteful and soulful and creates a cool vibe. I especially liked the lead playing at 2:16, it sort of reminds me of Floyd. I liked when the power chords came into play as well, gave the track a different dynamic feel overall.

Nice work man, play on and if you're interested in a little C4C here's my track: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688979
Quote by GS LEAD 5
The piano intro is rather nice. I have a suggestion though. Have you considered using a different VST?

Specifically THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOglXHHz5c

I have a feeling that piano section would sound HUGE with a sound like this.
Dont look at the noises preset, look at the rest. 9:20 onwards.

The leadwork is just lovely. production is nice. Maybe boost the bass a wee bit?

Thanks for the feedback and for the advice on the piano plug in. I use keyboards fairly sparingly so use very minimal production but will definitely check out your recommendation. Cheers!
Hi mate, I really like the keys at the start of this track gives off some strong emotional vibes, and when the lead kicks in that also sounds great, I love the sound of the acoustic guitar... real acoustic or computerised effects? I think the whole song as a structure works well. The song has lots of elements in it from heavy to calm, but I would say the calm parts are the best sounding

C4C me here dude https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688952
Quote by heaven086
Hi mate, I really like the keys at the start of this track gives off some strong emotional vibes, and when the lead kicks in that also sounds great, I love the sound of the acoustic guitar... real acoustic or computerised effects? I think the whole song as a structure works well. The song has lots of elements in it from heavy to calm, but I would say the calm parts are the best sounding

C4C me here dude https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688952

Thanks mate. It is an acoustic unplugged and just played in front of a mic at very close range. There was some EQ'ing (the recorded sound had a very boomy low end) but quite pleased with how it sounded once I cut most of that out.
Thanks for checking out my video good sir, it is much appreciated.

I actually quite enjoy the slower intro, but I second someone else's suggestion to use one of native instruments' piano plugins (all of their stuff is pretty clean sounding). Overall, I think the wide mix of instruments is pretty creative and the progression of the song is pretty tasteful. It is very satisfying whenever the distorted rhythm guitar comes in (I also just like the rhythm guitar single note choice in between the chords, nicely done!). As far as the mix goes, my personal taste wants more drums and a little less lead guitar. Awesome job!
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
Thanks for the criticism.
I dig the piano and strings in the intro. The leads are very melodic. I'm not a fan of the lead guitar tone; its just personal taste.
The mix sounds good; I could hear everything clearly. Overall, its a nice track.
Thanks for checking out and liking my shit Richo, appreciate it means a bunch. This track is special, it's meaningful to your wife I am sure of that, you can hear the passion in the ideas and phrasing, and all the post netflix and chilling that was had. Very nice note choices, the arpeggiations playing in the back compliment the lead lines nicely along the way, one thing I would change you need more g string bending less high e string bending, high e string bending to me always comes across as whiny sounding to me. Even though in my own playing I love my lead tones to sound like the screeching of a cat when you step on their tails by accident .

I remember 4 years ago when I started playing guitar I wrote this riff for my girlfriend who is now my wife, she would bring up that riff all the time as the years went by. Asking me to make that riff I wrote for her In to a song because she loved it. I always said I do not remember how it was phrased because it was tabbed out on some stupid random piece of crumbled up line paper. Anyways enjoyable song
Quote by Fourfourforever
Thanks for checking out and liking my shit Richo, appreciate it means a bunch. This track is special, it's meaningful to your wife I am sure of that, you can hear the passion in the ideas and phrasing, and all the post netflix and chilling that was had. Very nice note choices, the arpeggiations playing in the back compliment the lead lines nicely along the way, one thing I would change you need more g string bending less high e string bending, high e string bending to me always comes across as whiny sounding to me. Even though in my own playing I love my lead tones to sound like the screeching of a cat when you step on their tails by accident .

I remember 4 years ago when I started playing guitar I wrote this riff for my girlfriend who is now my wife, she would bring up that riff all the time as the years went by. Asking me to make that riff I wrote for her In to a song because she loved it. I always said I do not remember how it was phrased because it was tabbed out on some stupid random piece of crumbled up line paper. Anyways enjoyable song

Thank you my friend for the lengthy feedback- it helps a lot. You should try and put together that song for your wife sometime. Took me a long time to get round to recording this one!

I also try to avoid the E string except where necessary. The main melodies are actually played on the B and G strings and I don't hit the high E until the final solo. May play around with the EQ'ing a bit more to reduce any whiny sounds. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks for giving my track a listen man..your insight is much appreciated . Firstly..I love your lead tones..very sweet..a nice bit of bite, but yet very musical & round. The song has a great ebb & flow to it..it's obviously very well composed & put together. Playing is very sound, except for a note or two which were borderline pitchy maybe (but not really obviously so) to my ears. Nice note choice & feel. The solo at the end is really cool & it's cool how the song builds towards it before you cut loose there..very well played as were the more mellow parts. Great mix too. Very well done man..enjoyed giving it a listen
Hi man, sorry for the delay, but I have only recently been able to check ultimate guitar, thanks for your feedback on my track

This is flawless in my opinion. I love the blend of orchestral and electric instruments, it's a style that has countless merits and transcends genre but I don't seem to hear it much, so this was a pleasure to listen to.

I especially liked the guitar that came in around 1:06. Very Oldfield-esque in my opinion