I mean we shouldn't take kids out of school, but if a kid can manage to hold a job around school hours and still do their homework it might be character-building.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
if they can work it into their lives it can promote productivity and make them more likely to secure future jobs.

Apparently anyway
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
You are welcome to send your kids to my sweatshop.

Also is child molestation really abuse? They might enjoy it or even forget all about it over time.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You are welcome to send your kids to my sweatshop.

Also is child molestation really abuse? They might enjoy it or even forget all about it over time.

I think it entirely depends on the 'innocence' of the child in question.

still a pretty taboo thought.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Molesting kids is universally and unambiguously bad, let's not make this thread weird okay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Molesting kids is universally and unambiguously bad, let's not make this thread weird okay.

Is it though?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Is it though?

It's acceptable in some cultures, but they are usually considered to be uncivilized and backwards by the rest of the world. Cultures like tribal Africa, untouched Pacific islands, the Catholic church, etc.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Is it though?

yes

mostly for the context* of this thread, yes it is.

*See ErikLensherr's comment about not making it weird

Quote by theogonia777
It's acceptable in some cultures, but they are usually considered to be uncivilized and backwards by the rest of the world. Cultures like tribal Africa, untouched Pacific islands, the Catholic church, etc.

Beautifully executed
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by theogonia777

Morality is subjective.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I will deconstruct your ass.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
It's scary that they're letting Neo go to school to be a doctor. The Dutch must have some really low standards. I wouldn't even trust him to take blood pressure.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Except I am not going to be a doctor.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Yes, let children be children for as long as possible we don't need to start killing their souls at an even younger age than we already do

And this is coming from someone who genuinely hates children
Quote by Neo Evil11
Except I am not going to be a doctor.

So they came to their senses?
What you described isnt child labor, its having a job, pretty damn big difference.
A job is when you choose to work along-side school to get extra money because you want to, child labor is when children are forced to work against their will, in horrible conditions while getting almost no pay and not being allowed to attend school.
So yeah, BIG difference.
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
We all know that the REAL problem is Wage Labour.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33632357
Yes, let children be children for as long as possible

Well let's not cuz then you end up with 30 year old Loot Crate enthusiasts.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Well let's not cuz then you end up with 30 year old Loot Crate enthusiasts.

Better than them growing up to be like you tho lol
I say no to child labor. As an American, we can't have the children stealing jobs from our Mexicans.
If my child is working he deserves 15$/hr and no less, pay the children
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
child labour isn't abuse, but as children are generally not as strong/resistant as worker's unions, it has the potential to become abuse
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Did the child decided to take the job by himself or did the parents make him or something?

Also, what ages are we talking about?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by theogonia777 at #33632330

The BBC etc
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

mfw i see the word character-building

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
In China they recently banned smoking at school. Fortunately, the children can still smoke at their jobs lolololololol
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
but yeah i think including kids in collective work actions is very good like when elementary school classes go clean up wild waste dumps around the area and help paint and build shit around their school

but as soon as you make it a 'work for x hours to get y amount of cash' thing you're just doing more harm than good

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by theogonia777

According to every Meghans list I always view when a female friend, sister, cousin goes to a neighborhood I don't think is great to be in at all, I would say over here too.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Child labor is like polygamy. It isn’t automatically a bad thing. But in practice it’s usually a way for horrible people to gain by abusing children, and it isn’t an easy thing to police, so the best way to deal with it is to outlaw it entirely.
Hollywood is rampant with child labor, but nobody gives a shit
PM me for newts
Quote by ErikLensherr

this is the "child labor is alright " thread though

it kinda already is weird
Child labor is pretty bad, especially in economically developed nations. We don't need child labor to supplement their household income or help out with agricultural work nearly as much as we did prior to industrialization. Kids would work, but they would typically work with their parents for the most part. But once we got industrialized, they were much more likely to work in dangerous conditions away from home. Then we got our shit together and passed loads of labor laws.

So, uh, capitalism would have abused workers, both child and adult, without regulation, but it also made people wealthy enough to not need to have loads of children to survive.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by StewieSwan
Hollywood is rampant with child labor, but nobody gives a shit

true