Page 1 of 2
Some jobs can be cool and fun. While other jobs can be annoying and terrible.

I always try to find something positive about it.

I guess for me, it would be the long breaks I get during work since most people likes to cover the shifts for one another.

Your turn.
I work in a really, really dodgy area at a shop while I'm studying at uni, so I'm usually pretty content if: a) I don't get stabbed, b) the shop doesn't get held up, c) my car doesn't get broken into.

So in short, the positive is I'm still alive when I clock off at the end of every shift. I like to appreciate the basics in life.
No stress cos my boss is a foolish man. All he cares is whether our customers have paid our bills or not. I slack a lot in office , that is why I can camp here.
Amateur guitarist straight from the oven !

I can apply the knowledge and practices I learnt in school and by myself and gain experience on them without any problems with the team/management/etc (i.e practices I learnt on my own and our team doesn't use currently, but I try to use them and make people know about them and things go over smoothly).

The free massages once a month are also cool.
the bartender that's on when I'm on is sexy af
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I can pawn off things I don't wanna do on those under me #capitalism #usa
PM me for newts
The fact that I can drink beer and play hard rock/metal guitar at the same time...and get paid for it.
The coworkers and regular/awesome customers. I work at a supermarket, and most customers are fucking bitches, man. The people I work with and those rare few people that come through are the only reason I'm still there.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
I have 3 jobs so I'll do one for each

Restaurant - Coworkers are p chill
Paperboy - I get to listen to music all night
Guitar teacher - I make mad ca$h talking about guitar stuff
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I have 3 jobs so I'll do one for each

Restaurant - Coworkers are p chill
Paperboy - I get to listen to music all night
Guitar teacher - I make mad ca$h talking about guitar stuff

How do you find time to sleep?
Quote by davidyanity

Well he probably doesn't do all three in the same day, everyday.
Quote by esky15

True. I play in 3 different bands...and though I don't play in all of them in the same day, everyday, I still get pretty busy to the point that I don't know when one gig ends and the other begins. It's a real juggling act at times.
Quote by davidyanity

The last two are probably only a couple days a week
Quote by davidyanity
True. I play in 3 different bands...and though I don't play in all of them in the same day, everyday, I still get pretty busy to the point that I don't know when one gig ends and the other begins. It's a real juggling act at times.

I thought it was a metal act
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I like my job because it involves a great deal of responsibility, my judgement calls on certain things can sometimes have a real impact on peoples lives
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Cool place to work, good people, get to drive a golf buggy, and there's plenty of eye candy.
Quote by esky15

Actually 3 days a week, I do. I usually manage to get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep on those days. The other 4 days of the week I can usually get 8 hours, but it is from like 6am to 2pm.

It is getting a bit stressful because I have to basically sleep whenever I'm not working and I can't have much of a social life, but eventually I'm going to cut back on my hours.
some cool customers I guess. and it's only a seven minute walk from my place and right next to my friends. And I got some cool coworkers and my boss is pretty chill, although one of the people I work with most days is insane. I can also switch up shifts with my coworkers for convenience, the standard shifts go 2-2-3 but say I just wanna work a week straight and get a week off its no problem. that's how I usually prefer to keep it, it's nice to have 2 whole weeks per month to get down
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Actually 3 days a week, I do. I usually manage to get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep on those days. The other 4 days of the week I can usually get 8 hours, but it is from like 6am to 2pm.

It is getting a bit stressful because I have to basically sleep whenever I'm not working and I can't have much of a social life, but eventually I'm going to cut back on my hours.

That sounds terrible but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Obviously the pay check is a bonus. But I like shift work and having 5 days off in between sets. Also my crew is pretty good. And for the most part I work by myself which I don't mind.
I like that its quiet but busy. Everyone has their own things to do and we will collaborate together when needed often but there's generally a nice calm atmosphere which helps me think about my work properly.

I also like that I can work independently a lot of the time and just get on with my own project. It suits me well.

I like normal work hours, 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I like the people I work with and I've made a lot of good friends
The Pay

The Environment

The fact that none of you work here.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
The Pay

The Environment

The fact that none of you work here.

Pfff, I'm a blast to work with and I don't even need a water cooler to gossip about colleagues.
the nap I just took
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
music store:
1. i pretty much just sit all day
2. customers are relatively clueless so i feel smart

the downsides, though:

1. i pretty much just sit all day
2. customers really have no clue what they are talking about

worship directing:
1. i get paid to play guitar
2. and to tell people what to do

downsides:

1. gas
2. people don't listen
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 12, 2015,
I don't have a job, so I'm pretty much living the dream.

I'm slowly testing the waters in a new career of voice acting. If it works out (ie. I can make good money from it) then I'll be doing something I enjoy.
Banging the wait staff. And the hostesses. And the managers. Sometimes the other cooks. Once in a while, the guests. Sometimes all in the same week. Its good to be king.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Pfff, I'm a blast to work with and I don't even need a water cooler to gossip about colleagues.

You know, my current job is the first place I've worked that has a legit water cooler, but no one ever hangs around and gossips. It's pretty disappointing.

But I guess you have to take into consideration its poor placement. Right between the table with the cutlery and plates and napkins and the table with the microwave. There's a serious lack of feng shui in the whole place, but I don't get paid enough to mess with that.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2