View poll results: x
Overachiever
11 22%
Regular Achiever
22 43%
Underachiever
18 35%
Voters: 51.
Probably regular. Depends on the period of my life and moreover my mental state.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
idk
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Somewhere between regular- and over-achiever when it comes to doing stuff. Then again, I beat myself up saying that I can and must do better, so that holds me back.
Skip the username, call me Billy
I was an underacheiver in that I was awesome for the first couple years and let myself believe I didn't need to try so by the time my Year 12 exams came round I was all idgaf until like a week before.
I tried to go for an optimal balance between the lowest input of effort and the highest output of scores/credit. Don't get me wrong, I did try to learn as much as possible, but I just wasn't all too bothered about proving that to my professors.
That being said, failing something usually means a greater overall workload, as you need to do stuff twice, so I really only failed something if the game I was playing was really really good or if taking that last shot the night before was really unavoidable

I also blame my professors for my laziness. Usually a course would start of with some kind of speech along the lines of "So you thought the last course was really difficult? Well, this one is going to be even harder, so doing the bare minimum will no longer get you through it!"

Seriously? How can I not take that as a challenge?
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Oct 12, 2015,
Quote by ultimate-slash
I tried to go for an optimal balance between the lowest input of effort and the highest output of scores/credit.

This x100

Although I gotta say when you start grad school you really start to feel the squeeze
Quote by sashki
I'm lazy as fuck and got by on minimal effort. As a result I never developed any self-discipline and now I have failed not only academically, but as a human being.

Bright future ahead of you then?
elementary: underachiever
middle school: over achiever
high school: average
college: average
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

a mix of underachieving in the start of semesters to enjoy college, and super-overachieving aced finals. Which in hindsight wasn't the best method for my GPA
i really just coasted through ps and got pretty good grades and everyone was so proud of me. graduation was really dumb because of that. it's really nothing more than sitting in class and answering questions. to some people it is a big accomplishment, so that doesn't say much about me but more about them.

however i am american so my coasting was probably due to the school system being lazy. i wish i knew how to do taxes. ps did not prepare me for college, no. i have to actually try in college work.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 12, 2015,
Probably a regular achiever, because I would count the effects of being a lazy bastard into this.

I could do better, but fuck it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Overachiever. My parents were both big-time academics, so I didn't have much say in how seriously I took school.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
It's complicated but let's average it out at 'regular achiever'.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by ultimate-slash
I tried to go for an optimal balance between the lowest input of effort and the highest output of scores/credit.

So you're human then?

To be efficient isn't anything ground breaking. You'll have a task trying to find people that do more than they need to gain their credit.

It's human to not want to spend 5 hours studying when you realized you had the concept down after 2
Definitely "regular" as you put it. I didn't often go above and beyond, but I always did well in my courses. I always got A's and B's in school.
Quote by daytripper75
Definitely "regular" as you put it. I didn't often go above and beyond, but I always did well in my courses. I always got A's and B's in school.

samesies
Quote by megano28
So you're human then?

To be efficient isn't anything ground breaking. You'll have a task trying to find people that do more than they need to gain their credit.

It's human to not want to spend 5 hours studying when you realized you had the concept down after 2

study smart not hard
I was definitely an underachiever in highschool, mainly because I was overachieving in many other things.

Most notably booze, women and vidya.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
At school I was a regular achiever because I got the (good) grades I was expected to get

When it came to A-levels I was an underachiever because I picked shit subjects and it was too much work and I couldn't be arsed to do well as a result
I have nothing important to say
was top of class as a teenager, hardly had to work at it. got to college, cared just enough to get into a good uni and then just couldn't be bothered to put the work in. realised too late that I couldn't just breeze my way through everything again (well actually undergrad was pretty easy but I would revise for like 1 day before the exam lol. all I had to really do was revise for a week before maybe and start some of my projects a lot earlier and I'd be sitting on high marks instead of the "almost a 1st" 2:1 I have right now.)

and then when I left uni I was pretty much like "ugh whatever" and screwed around for a while playing games all day until getting some shitty job to pay bills. my laziness/apathy/etc in uni bit me in the ass because I didn't have all the preparation that my peers had to get high flying banking jobs and such (I mean the easy "here's a job" way with summer internships and networking. I didn't have the confidence back then to go through the cut-throat interviewing thing)

kinda doing better now in that I'm coming up to a year now in my first actual permanent post that pays at an acceptable rate for a uni graduate. the field and the work I do is a bit shit so I'm hoping the general experience and seniority level lets me talk my way into something else in the future. but if I am lazy again I can just stay in the field and make decent money if I take a few accreditation courses here and there to get into better paid roles.

my long term problem is finding motivation to do something with myself when I'm not sure what I even want and don't seem to mind too much if I have an empty existence where I just suddenly drop dead at some point. main reason I started working in the first place was because I wouldn't be able to eat nice stuff otherwise or go out and have fun.

Quote by sashki
I'm lazy as fuck and got by on minimal effort. As a result I never developed any self-discipline and now I have failed not only academically, but as a human being.

basically that I suppose.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by sashki

this is me