Poll: I...
Poll Options
View poll results: I...
agree with the message behind this poster.
13 24%
disagree with the message behind this poster.
41 76%
Voters: 54.
Page 1 of 3
lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
did donald trump make this poster

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I like how you can tell exactly who this message is meant for based on who's on it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I agree heavily.

EDIT: wait is it serious or not?

because for the love of fuck don't raise the min wage to that.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Oct 12, 2015,
That's really dumb.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Implying education meant anything to begin with.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
The US minimum wage at the moment and anyone opposed to raising it is a complete joke. I love how a bunch of rich old white men who have been provided for all their lives and couldn't possibly comprehend the struggles of the working classes seem to think that the only think separating them from the masses is a lack of motivation.
Guys I'm pretty sure that's an an ironic/satirical political attack campaign.

They aren't actually suggesting we do away with education and flip burgers for the rest of our lives

Right?
Quote by Eastwinn at #33633593

was that sponsored by a university?

"Paid for by the employment policies institute"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employment_Policies_Institute
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
So everyone knows this is the site advertised on the poster, right?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
You don't get paid for the hour, you get paid for the value you bring to the hour.

If that's not worth $15 to the company, you shouldn't get paid that much.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33633751
You don't get paid for the hour, you get paid for the value you bring to the hour.

If that's not worth $15 to the company, you shouldn't get paid that much.

So you believe in a meritocracy then?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
So you believe in a meritocracy then?

I do, and I also believe both sides of the pay equation need to be balanced. Forcing companies to pay more than an unskilled employee is worth benefits no one in the long run, but companies that don't pay their employees commensurate with their contribution (I'm looking at you, Wal-Mart) are a problem as well.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
My friend and I were thinking of something pretty smart. Get rid of many public sector jobs and pay them a stipend equivalent to monthly EBT, only get rid of EBT and the bureaucratic involved with it, and just give those people money.

Those jobs will have to be the first to go as we acclimate to automation and AI, since they provide no value
Quote by Arby911 at #33633770
I do, and I also believe both sides of the pay equation need to be balanced. Forcing companies to pay more than an unskilled employee is worth benefits no one in the long run, but companies that don't pay their employees commensurate with their contribution (I'm looking at you, Wal-Mart) are a problem as well.

Meritocracy in its truest sense blames the unfortunate for their misfortune. But it's good that you see that your view has a balance of one and the other.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 12, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia at #33633727
So everyone knows this is the site advertised on the poster, right?
added to first post ty
ggg1 ggg3

IDK.
I make $15/hr.
I have been in the foodservice industry for 28 years. I started when minimum was $3.35. I busted my ass and earned the shit out of every pay increase. A low minimum wage should give people the incentive to better themselves; be it going to school, working up the chain, or finding a niche they fit into that pays better. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Making very little (for the most part, IME) just gives too many people the incentive to sell drugs, steal, and/or find a way to mooch the system.

I managed to scrape up enough to put up a down payment on a crappy house in the ghetto. I have continued to bust my ass, broke but current on bills, throwing what little I have been able to at the principal balance. Guess what? I haven't always had cable/satellite. I haven't ever had a new car. I haven't ever had cool clothes (as a matter of fact, I have always been and still am a thrift store shopper). IMHO too many people don't separate necessities from luxuries.

You know what busting my ass has given me? Well, my house is paid for---- I now live rent-free. My crap vehicle has been mine for 10 years with no monthly payment. Have I had a vacation in 20 years? NO. Have I ever had a killer audio system in my vehicle or home? NO. Have I ever gone bar-hopping and hanging out in clubs dropping $5 each for drinks? NO. Do I ever even set foot in a mall? HELL NO.

Get over yourselves people. Stop letting advertisers and television tell you how you should be living. Live within your means. Get a roommate. My smartphone cost $49.99 and I pay $30/mo for (unlimited) service. I drive a 20 year old vehicle. I wear thrift-store clothes, and I live in the ghetto. My credit score is over 750. I own my home and truck. I have a healthy weight. My fridge is never empty. Bills are current.

Jesus fucking Christ how many people bitching about how broke they are have an xbox or playstation, wifi, Netflix, dish or direct tv, go to bars or clubs minimum once per week, drive a car less than 5 years old, buy new clothes, pound $5 energy drinks or coffees, stay high all day every day, eat $50 worth of fast food a week...... and on and on? Maybe minimum wage isn't the problem here.

Now there's the other side.... give one of these people I so viciously attacked just now $15/hour for doing shit any dumbass with half a brain could do. Will the vast majority buy a house, use the extra income to go to school, start a small business, etc? HELL NO. That's more weed money. More beer dough. Nicer car. Hello tropical vacation! Thanks to the mainstream media the waaaay vast majority of Americans simply shouldn't be given the opportunity to make more for doing nothing for it. Give a monkey a $100 bill and he'll wipe his ass with it, and throw it at you.

Sorry fellow 'Muricans, too many of you are just too stupid to deserve it.

But that's just my opinion, of course.
Last edited by Basscooker at Oct 12, 2015,
Quote by Basscooker at #33633825
IDK.
I make $15/hr.
I have been in the foodservice industry for 28 years. I started when minimum was $3.35. I busted my ass and earned the shit out of every pay increase. A low minimum wage should give people the incentive to better themselves; be it going to school, working up the chain, or finding a niche they fit into that pays better. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Making very little (for the most part, IME) just gives too many people the incentive to sell drugs, steal, and/or find a way to mooch the system.

I managed to scrape up enough to put up a down payment on a crappy house in the ghetto. I have continued to bust my ass, broke but current on bills, throwing what little I have been able to at the principal balance. Guess what? I haven't always had cable/satellite. I haven't ever had a new car. I haven't ever had cool clothes (as a matter of fact, I have always been and still am a thrift store shopper). IMHO too many people don't separate necessities from luxuries.

You know what busting my ass has given me? Well, my house is paid for---- I now live rent-free. My crap vehicle has been mine for 10 years with no monthly payment. Have I had a vacation in 20 years? NO. Have I ever had a killer audio system in my vehicle or home? NO. Have I ever gone bar-hopping and hanging out in clubs dropping $5 each for drinks? NO. Do I ever even set foot in a mall? HELL NO.

Get over yourselves people. Stop letting advertisers and television tell you how you should be living. Live within your means. Get a roommate. My smartphone cost $49.99 and I pay $30/mo for (unlimited) service. I drive a 20 year old vehicle. I wear thrift-store clothes, and I live in the ghetto. My credit score is over 750. I own my home and truck. I have a healthy weight. My fridge is never empty. Bills are current.

Jesus fucking Christ how many people bitching about how broke they are have an xbox or playstation, wifi, Netflix, dish or direct tv, go to bars or clubs minimum once per week, drive a car less than 5 years old, buy new clothes, pound $5 energy drinks or coffees, stay high all day every day, eat $50 worth of fast food a week...... and on and on? Maybe minimum wage isn't the problem here.

Now there's the other side.... give one of these people I so viciously attacked just now $15/hour for doing shit any dumbass with half a brain could do. Will the vast majority buy a house, use the extra income to go to school, start a small business, etc? HELL NO. That's more weed money. More beer dough. Nicer car. Hello tropical vacation! Thanks to the mainstream media the waaaay vast majority of Americans simply shouldn't be given the opportunity to make more for doing nothing for it. Give a monkey a $100 bill and he'll wipe his ass with it, and throw it at you.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

That's Dr. Salty Muthafukkin Crakka to you, there, buddy.
Quote by Basscooker at #33633825
I have been in the foodservice industry for 28 years.

Why would you do that to yourself?

Quote by Hogfather at #33633654
The US minimum wage at the moment and anyone opposed to raising it is a complete joke. I love how a bunch of rich old white men who have been provided for all their lives and couldn't possibly comprehend the struggles of the working classes seem to think that the only think separating them from the masses is a lack of motivation.

Once somebody starts talking about the "working class" and "the masses" and "the people" my interest level evaporates.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Oct 12, 2015,
Quote by Basscooker
IDK.
I make $15/hr.

But that's just my opinion, of course.

Precisely. Here in south africa, we find it hilarious how americans bitch about their minimum wage. Ours, at the moment, is equal to roughly $1 per hour. Our economies may make a huge difference, but you guys have it EASY. If you have a bed to sleep in at night, and some means of transport other than hitchhiking, then you are doing fine. If you are struggling to pay the bills - meaning you have a residence equipped with water and electricity- then you are doing great. If you can afford an iPhone and internet, then you have fuckall to complain about.
Why would you do that to yourself?

Do what? Learn a trade I enjoy? Be highly skilled in an industry that will always be needed? I've never once been employed in fast food, if that's what you're getting at. I've been a chef, sous chef, general manager, ******* manager, and may eventually own and operate my own restaurant. I feel sorry for those that are spending all of their days in cubicles, start their morning fighting rush hour traffic, and conform to banker's hours to never ascend higher than middle management at best. To each their own, but I love what I do for a living, how many people can say that?

On an unrelated note, is this a thread that folks outside of the US even need to comment on? Just sayin......
Last edited by Basscooker at Oct 12, 2015,
Quote by GFraser
Precisely. Here in south africa, we find it hilarious how americans bitch about their minimum wage. Ours, at the moment, is equal to roughly $1 per hour. Our economies may make a huge difference, but you guys have it EASY. If you have a bed to sleep in at night, and some means of transport other than hitchhiking, then you are doing fine. If you are struggling to pay the bills - meaning you have a residence equipped with water and electricity- then you are doing great. If you can afford an iPhone and internet, then you have fuckall to complain about.

AAAAAnnnnnnd that.....
Quote by Basscooker at #33633847
Do what? Learn a trade I enjoy? Be highly skilled in an industry that will always be needed? I've never once been employed in fast food, if that's what you're getting at. I've been a chef, sous chef, general manager, ******* manager, and may eventually own and operate my own restaurant. I feel sorry for those that are spending all of their days in cubicles, start their morning fighting rush hour traffic, and conform to banker's hours to never ascend higher than middle management at best. To each their own, but I love what I do for a living, how many people can say that?

On an unrelated note, is this a thread that folks outside of the US even need to comment on? Just sayin......

Oh I was imagining you flipping burgers for 30 years, I don't know why lol. That's a different story.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Hey, why can I drop all kinds of expletives but k I t c h e n manager gets changed to ******? hilarious.
I feel sorry for those that are spending all of their days in cubicles, start their morning fighting rush hour traffic, and conform to banker's hours to never ascend higher than middle management at best.

To each their own

Pick one.
Free Ali
No need to pick one, to each their own means go ahead and do what you like. I'm allowed to feel sorry for you if you like that.
Page 1 of 3