Im looking into buying an acoustic, and was hoping for some recommendations. i want something that has a great tone but not necessarily a huge body. im also a fan of thinner necks, i dont know if this goes by brand or what. and im really hoping to get an acoustic with pretty close action, almost as close as an electric would be. my price range is around 500. what direction should i go?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
My first guitar (and only guitar atleast at this point) is the Seagull S6 slim; it costs 400 without electronics and 500 with. All their guitars are hand made in Canada, and this one especially has a beautiful sound for a guitar in that price range, especially for fingerstyle. It comes in two versions, the S6 Original and the S6 Slim, which is what I have (although now I do wish I had gotten the Original, I prefer thicker necks) but for you the slim would probably be quite convenient. In the end, choosing a guitar is up to you and your personal preference, but definitely check this one out if you're interested! :-)
Last edited by Aiden Cook at Oct 13, 2015,
Quote by Aiden Cook
My first guitar (and only guitar atleast at this point) is the Seagull S6 slim; it costs 400 without electronics and 500 with. All their guitars are hand made in Canada, and this one especially has a beautiful sound for a guitar in that price range, especially for fingerstyle. It comes in two versions, the S6 Original and the S6 Slim, which is what I have (although now I do wish I had gotten the Original, I prefer thicker necks) but for you the slim would probably be quite convenient. In the end, choosing a guitar is up to you and your personal preference, but definitely check this one out if you're interested! :-)

yesterday i was in the middle of suggesting the S6 slim when i noticed the OP didn't "necessarily" want a larger body. to the OP, if you don't mind a dread, the S6 slim is a thinner neck version of the wonderful seagull S6, and i'd definitely recommend it.

btw, there are brands that make guitars with wider and thinner necks. some styles tend to have wider necks - 000s and parlors, for example - while dreads tend to have thinner necks, but there are exceptions.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by rtfk101
Im looking into buying an acoustic, and was hoping for some recommendations. i want something that has a great tone but not necessarily a huge body. im also a fan of thinner necks, i dont know if this goes by brand or what. and im really hoping to get an acoustic with pretty close action, almost as close as an electric would be. my price range is around 500. what direction should i go?

Your description of the instrument you want to buy....describes the Taylor BigBaby perfectly. Sounds fantastic, has great action, and an awesome playable neck. 15/16 scale dreadnaught, a little thinner than a full size dread. As I said, sounds great. The Taylor Baby is a 3/4 scale model and is a fun little devil to play too. You can get the BigBaby for $419 plus tax if you buy it new, or the Baby for $299 (I think). They come with nice padded gig bags.

If you go used you can pick up these sweet guitars cheap. I regularly see BigBabys going for $300 or less, and the Baby going for $200 (saw one awhile back for $150!).
Last edited by TobusRex at Oct 18, 2015,