Well, it's finally here!

Sry for the bad pictures! But let me introduce my IRT Studio!
I'm very excited about it! Altough I don't have a cab rightnow I have tried as an interface and it sounds great recording with the emulated cab through the USB!
I'm gonna buy my headphones as soon as posible to rehearse with it while I save the money for a good 212 loaded with V30's!

Here it is!

By the way! Is there a way to hear what Im recording while I'm recording it? or do I have to finish the record to play it and hear it?
Im running it directly from the usb to my laptop as I don't have a DI box and I don't know too much about recording and programs, (Im using audacity and today I'll test Studio One III)

And about the headphone output, all the headphones that I've seen only have the conector size for cellphone (3.1 mm)... can I buy an adaptor tu use it and conect it to the amp or using something like that could be of some risk for the IRT Studio?

And last thing (I guess...), what do you think of the Laney GS212PE cab with V30's? I was saving for either it or a carvin cab with v30's also... what do you think is better? the carvin is cheaper but I don't know if the wood and materials will be as good as the laney or any other cab...

By the way, I'm from Mexico so no much option for cabs from here!

Thanks guys!

P.D.
I remembered one more question!
Does someone knows how to open it to change the tubes?
I'd like to try swaping them as I've heard it would improve the overall sound but the instructions booklet just says "unscrew here and there", and I don't want to ruin this thing hahaha! If someone knows or have a guide or a tutorial or any advice please share it!
And about tubes, which ones would you recomend?

Thanks again guys!
Last edited by carpercen at Oct 12, 2015,
Your DAW software should have a monitoring option that lets you listen whilst recording.

Don't try to change the tubes if you don't know what you're doing. And buy a cheap old tube amp to learn on. You don't want to break your only good amp using it to learn electronics, do you?
I'd imagine you just unscrew the top, pop it off and pull the old tubes out. That being said, I've still yet to experience a tube swap in brand only that made a huge difference in tone. Different type of tube, sure, but that's subjective whether it sounds "better."
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
There is screws everywhere on the thing that you have to remove in able to replace the tubes. Once its opened it should be a piece of cake.

There is also screws under the Sticker thats on top of it dude.

Its an awesome amp.

In answer to the head phone jack thing, I can't see any reason as to why an adapter from a 3.1 to 1/4" jack would have any ill effect. Its all the same ELV going through it. That would be an easy way of listening to exactly what you are playing. I haven't personally had a chance to try the amp through head phones yet. The recording interface is awesome though. Really good quality recording through the amp.
I can't give you any personal reviews on which cabinet would be better, I am using a zilla cab with a mixture of eminence redcoats in there. Bloody love the sound of it.

You will find most of the tonal controls work best through the literal "tone knob" on the amp. Having it up too high sounds way to shrill imo. I use it about 11 o Clock.

Enjoy it man, I personally think for the tiny box it is, it literally rips!
Congratulations dude... I purchased same amp head few weeks ago and you will love it more day after day...

Answering your inquiries:
1- To hear your playing, it is audio in settings of the operating system (windows for me). You just need to enable the "Listen" option for the USB input device
2- For headphones, Yes you can use a converter with no effect on sound
3- For the cabinet, I am running this head through Laney IRT 112. The IRT series is made specific for IronHeart series so I would recommend the IRT 212
4- Replacing tubes, never did that and I am not expecting to do so soon
I think that Carvin makes a great cab and you don't really gain anything from getting the Laney cab unless you want the Laney name on it. I'd get the Carvin.

As far as replacing tubes, as everyone has said, just unscrew everything (carefully taking note of what screw goes where if the are different sizes) pull off the top panel, and pull the tubes straight out of the sockets (no twisting or turning, maybe wiggling a bit if they are stiff). Pop in new tubes and you're good.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
These along with the IRT Pulse look awesome. HNAD
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
If the Laney cab has V30's get it, if it has other speakers, then the Carvin with V30's would be just fine

Congrats, did you get the PRS bridge issue sorted?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's a fun little amp for sure. i really liked mine when i had it.

it looks like guys have answered you Q's. the adapter for the headphone jack will be fine, i used one all the time. just make sure it's a stereo adapter and not mono.

don't bother changing tubes just yet, get used to it a bit. i never saw any reason to mess with what was in there. ymmv and all that.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Robbgnarly
If the Laney cab has V30's get it, if it has other speakers, then the Carvin with V30's would be just fine

Congrats, did you get the PRS bridge issue sorted?

Yeah man, already fixed! But what a tricky guitar man, i thought it would be better than it is! S2 sounds and plays great but has very cheap paint job on it, i only have 4 months with her and already has some terrible paint scratches, this guitar's paint is glass fragile...
Never had problems like that with 300~800 usd guitars but well... nothing to do but to learn to live with it
Quote by The Locust
There is screws everywhere on the thing that you have to remove in able to replace the tubes. Once its opened it should be a piece of cake.

There is also screws under the Sticker thats on top of it dude.

Its an awesome amp.

In answer to the head phone jack thing, I can't see any reason as to why an adapter from a 3.1 to 1/4" jack would have any ill effect. Its all the same ELV going through it. That would be an easy way of listening to exactly what you are playing. I haven't personally had a chance to try the amp through head phones yet. The recording interface is awesome though. Really good quality recording through the amp.
I can't give you any personal reviews on which cabinet would be better, I am using a zilla cab with a mixture of eminence redcoats in there. Bloody love the sound of it.

You will find most of the tonal controls work best through the literal "tone knob" on the amp. Having it up too high sounds way to shrill imo. I use it about 11 o Clock.

Enjoy it man, I personally think for the tiny box it is, it literally rips!

Yeah man! Yesterday I tested it with a 412 line6 from a friend and the thing was really loud and sounded great but with full gain and volume on lead it has a very loud hum noise, dont know if it could be due to cables o what but well well see when I buy my cab! About the audio interface, yes it sounds great, but a couldnt get rid of latency and havent been able to do the reamp thing, I tried as the manu says and following some videos instructions but after the reamping (which I coulndt heae becaus I have to change the output from pc speakers to usb) the new track was only noise... maybe I did something wrong... I don't know
With the feedback you were getting, I really don't think you need to dime the gain at all on the lead channel, that thing sustains for days, without having to dime it. Most I have played it with is volume at around 4. That is pretty fecking loud let alone diming the volume as well. Really don't think you need to be pushing it that hard at all.

With the re-amping, I am pretty sure all you need to do is change the channel input on your DAW.
Left channel is the completely dry signal which you can re-amp through the DAW.
The right channel is full wet signal.
Note that the left (dry signal) gets recorded at a much higher level than the wet channel. And it will sound utter shit if you are clipping it. You need to drop the recording levels on the back on the amp right down I would suggest. There was a post on the main page a few days back about digital recorded that I would highly recommend you reading if you wanna look at doing that.

I can't really assist you with getting sound to play back at the same time as recording as I have only ever used playback to listen to a previously recorded track, in order to multi layer it and follow the track timing etc. I haven't had any issues with latency either, found it spot on. even with like 5-6 tracks going at the same time as recording a new on top.
Quote by carpercen
Yeah man, already fixed! But what a tricky guitar man, i thought it would be better than it is! S2 sounds and plays great but has very cheap paint job on it, i only have 4 months with her and already has some terrible paint scratches, this guitar's paint is glass fragile...
Never had problems like that with 300~800 usd guitars but well... nothing to do but to learn to live with it

That is weird, my PRS finish is really durable, only a few small chips in over 10yrs of solid gigging. But I have a regular USA made CE22 which were made to a higher quality back when they were in production, but I thought the S2 was pretty nice when I tried one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
That is weird, my PRS finish is really durable, only a few small chips in over 10yrs of solid gigging. But I have a regular USA made CE22 which were made to a higher quality back when they were in production, but I thought the S2 was pretty nice when I tried one

Yes I know! You are lucky to have a CE, those are made to last!
It's a shame they put such cheap paint work on the S2... They are pretty solid tone and sound wise but the finish is just meh... When I tried one before buying I think it was fine too! But when mine arrived, I was mind blowed until my strap ripped off a part of the pain... then I discovered how cheap it was... I've never seen such a poor paint in any guitar... it's looks like plastic over it... a very thin one (less than 1mm... I mean, 1mm its way too much compared to it... the other day I accedentaly hit my chair while plugging the guitar and it again scratched the pain and dented the wood, thanks god the dent is very small but I know its there and it's giving me nightmares because I feel busted...

I didn't expect something like that for the price I paid and I know its not me... because I took my cheapest guitar to test and nothing... no scratches... I mean... how is possible that the paint got ripped off by a strap? Not funny man... Its the same strap I've used in all my guitar for three years now and never had a single issue with it...
After the wood get dented when I accidentaly hit the chair I was so pissed off that I took another guitar and hit the chair with it, trying to aply the same force and nothing... not even a scratch... I gradually incresed the strenght but nothing, I was really angry so I tried once more hiting it really hard but the paint never scratched and the wood never dented so I don't know why a 1400 usd guitar can have this kind of issues... it's supposed to have good woods, but it is easily dent... and the pain... oh god... It's a shame... I wish I had buy the red or blue one instead of the white, that way it wouldn't be so obvius...
Quote by carpercen
Yes I know! You are lucky to have a CE, those are made to last!
It's a shame they put such cheap paint work on the S2... They are pretty solid tone and sound wise but the finish is just meh... When I tried one before buying I think it was fine too! But when mine arrived, I was mind blowed until my strap ripped off a part of the pain... then I discovered how cheap it was... I've never seen such a poor paint in any guitar... it's looks like plastic over it... a very thin one (less than 1mm... I mean, 1mm its way too much compared to it... the other day I accedentaly hit my chair while plugging the guitar and it again scratched the pain and dented the wood, thanks god the dent is very small but I know its there and it's giving me nightmares because I feel busted...

I didn't expect something like that for the price I paid and I know its not me... because I took my cheapest guitar to test and nothing... no scratches... I mean... how is possible that the paint got ripped off by a strap? Not funny man... Its the same strap I've used in all my guitar for three years now and never had a single issue with it...
After the wood get dented when I accidentaly hit the chair I was so pissed off that I took another guitar and hit the chair with it, trying to aply the same force and nothing... not even a scratch... I gradually incresed the strenght but nothing, I was really angry so I tried once more hiting it really hard but the paint never scratched and the wood never dented so I don't know why a 1400 usd guitar can have this kind of issues... it's supposed to have good woods, but it is easily dent... and the pain... oh god... It's a shame... I wish I had buy the red or blue one instead of the white, that way it wouldn't be so obvius...

Yeah that sucks. at least it plays and sounds nice. I have one gripe with my PRS and it is cosmetic. The tremolo on mine has almost no nickel left on it, it has all worn off from me playing it. Other than the cosmetics, the tremolo is my favorite I have ever played. I just wondered how/why a $2400 guitar would have issues my first guitar which is from the 70's don't have that issue
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Way Cool JR.
That looks like a cool amp, HNAD. I was looking at the manual for this amp to make sure it's safe for you to use it without a cab. It looks like the only way you can run it without a cab is with the DI jack. That is the only jack that says provides a dummy load. It doesn't mention the USB or the headphone jack providing a dummy load. So I would be cautious about (or suggest against) using it without a cab, unless you are using the DI jack. Would suck to burn it up before you can truly enjoy it.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Oh man! I never realized that... is this for real? I tought I could use it no matter how without the cab... man... that sucks... I'll stop using it from now... two more months and I'll have my cab -.-
Quote by Way Cool JR.
That looks like a cool amp, HNAD. I was looking at the manual for this amp to make sure it's safe for you to use it without a cab. It looks like the only way you can run it without a cab is with the DI jack. That is the only jack that says provides a dummy load. It doesn't mention the USB or the headphone jack providing a dummy load. So I would be cautious about (or suggest against) using it without a cab, unless you are using the DI jack. Would suck to burn it up before you can truly enjoy it.

Hey man!
Check this:

https://www.laney.co.uk/uploads/be5d7e69a1be34fca1380d941a689574.pdf

in the part where it explains the controls of the back side, the point #9 Loudspeaker it says that it can be used wiithout the External Cab with headphones or for silent recording as it applies the dummy load when no speaker is conected... I think its safe to use it without the cab man! or what do you think?
Quote by carpercen
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Oh man! I never realized that... is this for real? I tought I could use it no matter how without the cab... man... that sucks... I'll stop using it from now... two more months and I'll have my cab -.-

Yeah what he said is true unless it says otherwise in the manual.

Plug some headphones in and you should be just fine. just a dummy cord in the jack should trigger the load
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 14, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah what he said is true unless it says otherwise in the manual.

Plug some headphones in and you should be just fine. just a dummy cord in the jack should trigger the load

The manual says in the part of loudspeaker that itcan be used with or without speaker as the dummy load activates when there's no cab plugged in... and thus you can use it with headphonws or for recording so... Im a bit confused right now... as I read it, it seems to me that theres no problem using it without a cab buy you guys think i shouldnt use it without one... so, please help me clarify this please!

Thanks you guys!
This is what the manual saysLOUDSPEAKER CONNECTIONS: Connect your loudspeaker here. Ensure that the impedance switch is set correctly for
the cabinet(s) you are using. Mismatching your speaker impedance will reduce the performance of your amplifier, and in
extreme cases may damage the unit. The unit may be operated without a loudspeaker if desired, allowing you to record
silently, or use headphones to practice. When the loudspeaker socket is not used, an internal load is applied, protecting
the output transformer, and emulating the effect of loading it with a speaker. If no loudspeaker is to be used, ensure that
the speaker cable is removed from the amplifier.

Pleasw give your opinions
You can use it without a cab.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^+1

The manual says it is fine, then your OK. We were just trying to make sure you did not damage your new amp. many amps will not produce the dummy load without their being headphones plugged in or some will allow you to, but you leave the amp in standby mode not full operation.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by carpercen
This is what the manual saysLOUDSPEAKER CONNECTIONS: Connect your loudspeaker here. Ensure that the impedance switch is set correctly for
the cabinet(s) you are using. Mismatching your speaker impedance will reduce the performance of your amplifier, and in
extreme cases may damage the unit. The unit may be operated without a loudspeaker if desired, allowing you to record
silently, or use headphones to practice. When the loudspeaker socket is not used, an internal load is applied, protecting
the output transformer, and emulating the effect of loading it with a speaker. If no loudspeaker is to be used, ensure that

I guess I should of read a little better. It actually mentions the speaker socket part in the part I was reading (DI), and I guess I missed it. Sorry for about giving you a heart attack. You should be good to go as long as you don't have a speaker cable in the speaker jack that's not hooked to a cab. Have fun with your new amp!
Quote by carpercen

Short answer: Yes, you can play your amp without a speaker cab connected regardless to headphone

Details: Laney IRT Studio has a dummy load activated when the speaker plug is not connected. Note that the sensor is at the speaker socket at the amp so never leave the cable plugged to the amp and disconnected from speaker side. In this case, the amp will assume that a cab is connected and this can damage the amp.

Laney IRT 15H has a different way of muting the speaker which is at the headphone socket. Once you plug the headphone, the speaker output will be muted. This is not the case in IRT Studio.
Sup guys!

Thanks for all your answers! The amp has been great! No luck with the reamp though... but it works at least hahaha!
I've been using it with headphones, sound sucks through headphones but well, just one or two months and I'll have a cab!
Thanks guys! You are great!
hey guys massive thread ressurection here, but im wondering how you can hear the amp through headphone while recording im having the same issue, has anyone got a resolve, im using cubase 7, the main problem is, when re-amping it only edits the tone while recording, and because i cant hear a playback while im recording i cant hear the tone till after im done, i do have a focusrite 2i2 if thats any help.
Quote by sammyi19
hey guys massive thread ressurection here, but im wondering how you can hear the amp through headphone while recording im having the same issue, has anyone got a resolve, im using cubase 7, the main problem is, when re-amping it only edits the tone while recording, and because i cant hear a playback while im recording i cant hear the tone till after im done, i do have a focusrite 2i2 if thats any help.

You will be far better off by starting your own thread to get help. Resurrecting a new amp day thread and then thread jacking it isn't the right way to get help around here.