Poll: Do you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you?
Yes.
25 69%
No.
11 31%
Voters: 36.
When people say something rude to or about you and then say "no offense" afterwards?

I never got the purpose for it.
Quote by chrismendiola at #33634421
I don't think I've ever been offended.

#SticksAndStones #CertifiedToughGuy #ThickSkin

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Saying "no offense" is often a way of saying "I was trying to criticise you but I'm too much of a pussy to admit it in case you are rude to me in return"

So yes, I feel personally offended and usually say something rude in return.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Saying "no offense" is often a way of saying "I was trying to criticise you but I'm too much of a pussy to admit it in case you are rude to me in return"

So yes, I feel personally offended and usually say something rude in return.

pretty much this. I used to get offended by everything but I've since stopped being a little bitch.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
It can be used for banter, or for attempting constructive criticism in a way that tries to hurt the person's ego less.
I'm generally not offended by random observations people have about me, probably just because I get them all the time. It happened a lot more when I had brightly colored hair or had youth on my side to be less inhibited in public. It still happens plenty though.

I do take it personally when a friend/family member does something specifically to hurt me. I also take it personally when someone won't leave me alone after I've asked them to. Those are the only instances that I can think of.

honestly who knows though
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

'no offence' and 'just saying' are probably the most irritating phrases ever when used in that context which is 90% of the time. it's basically like saying 'hey I'm gonna be a total prick to you but since I added no offence at the end it's socially unacceptable for you to express any sort of discomfort with it at all'.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 12, 2015,
Quote by slipknot5678
'no offence' and 'just saying' are probably the most irritating phrases ever when used in that context which is 90% of the time. it's basically like saying 'hey I'm gonna be a total prick to you but since I added no offence at the end it's socially unacceptable for you to express any sort of non-complacency with it'.

yeah I mean, regardless of whether or not yr offended... it doesn't exactly feel nice
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I don't know if I've ever been offended

I mean, like probably mildly, but never so much that I got upset or anything.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i can see how 'no offense' could mean 'this is my honest opinion, not something i'm saying just to piss you off'

but in practice it doesn't have too much meaning

i'm not boring enough as a person to get upset at things like this
Nah it doesn't bother me at all. They're only giving an honest raw opinion and sometimes it can be good to listen to those.
Criticism of peers is usually the fastest way to self-improvement. That said I'll only take offense if they're insulting with it, too belittling, and/or have no idea or place with what they're referring too.

The no offense or just saying that follows is usually out of habit, but it can be genuine.
I only really take offence (and so get mad) when they are purposefully trying to get me mad. What they are doing doesn't annoy me so much as the motive behind doing it and the lack of respect for my person that they must have to think they can start trouble with me.

If someone says "no offence" and says something that isn't particular malicious towards me or intending to get a rise out of me, then I don't mind the term.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't get offended at all. Within every insult is an element of truth and insight.
I don't get offended, I honestly just don't give a fuck.

13 years of getting bullied in the public school system gives you a thick skin.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
waffles is back from his hiatus!

hey
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
irritated is more the word i'd use.

this thingy pretty much perfectly sums up my feelings/reactions when someone says something about me that i don't like:

ಠ_ಠ
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Pastafarian96
waffles is back from his hiatus!

hey

I take offense to this.

Serious response. The last thing I can recall offending me was a girl telling me she was married after asking her out. She's not married.

In retrospect I should've retorted with "yeah, you're married? Well so was your mom!" Boom. Why is it the best responses to a situation always appear to you when looking back?
I've become more easily offended recently.
Even when you're aware of your own flaws, having someone confirm your worst suspicions feels bad, man.
Quote by theguitarist
I only really take offence (and so get mad) when they are purposefully trying to get me mad. What they are doing doesn't annoy me so much as the motive behind doing it and the lack of respect for my person that they must have to think they can start trouble with me.

I can relate to this.
yes because im perfect
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

p ridiculous to say no really

but I haven't in a while

idk. Not much offends me so much as I get mildly annoyed or vaguely insulted by implications and such. actual offense? IDK its prolly gounna be something off-hand rather than someone /trying/ to offend me. idk
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 13, 2015,
Quote by sashki
I've become more easily offended recently.
Even when you're aware of your own flaws, having someone confirm your worst suspicions feels bad, man.

I can relate to this.

there it is
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Yes I had a very difficult childhood that caused me to develop poorly and I don't handle being insulted well now
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33635490
Yes I had a very difficult childhood that caused me to develop poorly and I don't handle being insulted well now

you're a butt
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
no offense but you're a butt
Fixed.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I get offended when they add no offense. I think I take criticism fine, but if you dont have the balls to straight up say what you mean without a saftey blanket attached to it, I take offense to how much of a little bitch youre being.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
It's like when people say "I hate to break it to you but......"

Did you? Did you really hate to break that to me? Because you're tone sounded like you were loving breaking it to me.