Poll Options
View poll results: do you agree
yes
15 28%
no
38 72%
Voters: 53.
Page 1 of 2
Feminists are desperately anxious to prove that women are as strong as capable as men. Clearly they are nagged by a fear that women may NOT be as strong and as capable as men.

Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality.

If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss.

let me know. poll coming
absolutely
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
This is Maryland...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No. They're woeful strawman arguments built around a generalisation of a small number of ignoramuses in their respective "movements".
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
With the one about feminazis (dat means feminists) eh kinda.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I would agree with those statements if you tweaked the terminology around a bit but currently they're far too broad

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
preach brother
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

why the hell would you make this and not make the poll public? damn this could have been so JUICY ean
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i voted yes

Quote by vintage x metal
why the hell would you make this and not make the poll public? damn this could have been so JUICY ean

I can see the votes though

(no I can't >_>

or can I?

I can't.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
No, generalised statements about a diverse group are never accurate.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica at #33634790
No, generalised statements about a diverse group are never accurate.

You can't generalise that they're never accurate

Quote by Trowzaa
You can't generalise that they're never accurate

Touche
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I agree with the statements but also agree that they are a bit too broad
Then again I often judge entire groups of people based on just a few people within that group because #YOLO
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Eastwinn
Feminists are desperately anxious to prove that women are as strong as capable as men. Clearly they are nagged by a fear that women may NOT be as strong and as capable as men.

Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality.

If our society had no social problems at all, the leftists would have to INVENT problems in order to provide themselves with an excuse for making a fuss.

let me know. poll coming

I can't say all those things are true for all those groups of people. For the loudest mouthed ones though, the real talking cunts, there's some truth in there.

Statement number 3 is a little weak compared to the other two. It can only be answered with speculation. The other two by observation.
Feminists stole my bike
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Just for shits and gigs:
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by Eastwinn

let me know. poll coming

1) In the academic world, there is a tendency to attack or dismiss any research that suggests sex differences in some psychological things. Basing feminism on the idea that men and women are indistinguishable is a bad idea (its vulnerable to being falsified)- it has to be uncoupled from the moral claim that people shouldn't be treated unfairly on the basis of their sex which is closer to what feminism should be centered on.

2) People on the left value equality (they define fairness as equality rather than proportionally like the right) and might not have great opinions of things they see as having unfairly dominated other groups of people. Which is sort of true of some of those things listed, but that diminishes the value of things like western civilization, which has been hugely good for the species too. Rationality (the faculty of reason) is a tremendous thing too- but can be used to lay out what's wrong with emotional/moralistically charged arguments from any part of the political spectrum.

3) in general the left is more utopian than the right- society is perfectible. Now, there's nothing wrong with progress that makes less people suffer, but the grain of truth here is that this thinking is subject to mission creep and you can end up with absurdities that dilute the meanings of words: "cultural genocide" "structural violence".

So, there's a wee bit of truth to those statements, even if they are phrased in language aimed to cause fights- many people will tune out after seeing ideas attributed to "the leftists".
Last edited by Who66 at Oct 13, 2015,
Quote by Eastwinn

let me know. poll coming

All bullshit, but I do agree with the sentiment that there is a small slice of the liberal pie chart that lives to be outraged at whatever they can. There is a culture centered around being offended, we often make fun of it on tumblr.

The second statement is one I find all the time with people in my life. I work with a lot of white religious businessmen, and they often see the current civil rights movement as an agenda to bring the white man down rather than raise the minorities up.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 13, 2015,
Quote by theguitarist
I can see the votes though

(no I can't >_>

or can I?

I can't.

use the force
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Who66
1) In the academic world, there is a tendency to attack or dismiss any research that suggests sex differences in some psychological things. Basing feminism on the idea that men and women are indistinguishable is a bad idea (its vulnerable to being falsified)- it has to be uncoupled from the moral claim that people shouldn't be treated unfairly on the basis of their sex which is closer to what feminism should be centered on.

2) People on the left value equality (they define fairness as equality rather than proportionally like the right) and might not have great opinions of things they see as having unfairly dominated other groups of people. Which is sort of true of some of those things listed, but that diminishes the value of things like western civilization, which has been hugely good for the species too. Rationality (the faculty of reason) is a tremendous thing too- but can be used to lay out what's wrong with emotional/moralistically charged arguments from any part of the political spectrum.

3) in general the left is more utopian than the right- society is perfectible. Now, there's nothing wrong with progress that makes less people suffer, but the grain of truth here is that this thinking is subject to mission creep and you can end up with absurdities that dilute the meanings of words: "cultural genocide" "structural violence".

So, there's a wee bit of truth to those statements, even if they are phrased in language aimed to cause fights- many people will tune out after seeing ideas attributed to "the leftists".

Those are some really broad generalizations there.
Quote by vintage x metal
use the force

Yeah, use it all over me orson, mmm. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Maybe.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
left handed people suck
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
i found these while skimming the manifesto of the unabomber. i thought removing them from their original anarcho-primitive context was kinda funny.
Quote by Eastwinn

let me know. poll coming

well i mean this one is true enough for all three
Check out my band Disturbed
Page 1 of 2