Sorry for the bad photo quality, the only camera I have is an older smartphone.

This is the ESP Standard Series Eclipse-II in Vintage Black. It's a 2011 model I picked up used about a week ago. After playing an LTD Deluxe (1000 series) for 8 years, it's nice to move up to a proper ESP. It doesn't sound too much different, but the playability is superior and the tuning and intonation are even more solid.

Last edited by OThugSd at Oct 13, 2015,
Hard to tell from the pics but is that ESP loaded with EMG's?

If so is the LTD packing the same set?

From my experience EMG's sound pretty similar from one guitar to another, if they are installed stock with one 9 volt battery then doing the 18 volt mod will give you a bit more headroom. Running the EMG's on 18 volts gives them more punch as well IMO.

Anyway congrats on the ESP purchase, rock on HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Hard to tell from the pics but is that ESP loaded with EMG's?

If so is the LTD packing the same set?

This one has 81 & 60 set. My LTD has 81 & 85 set. Both are 9 volt.
Very nice! I have owned a couple LTD EC1000s over the years and they are great guitars, I can only imagine how amazing the ESP is. HNGD!!!

I tend to always switch out my actives and put an 85 in the bridge and 60 in the neck. I love that combo.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Nice one. HNGD!

Got a snow white Eclipse 1CTM myself. Overall very nice guitars, altough I have moved away from metal and rarely use mine now.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
HNGD! Welcome to the ESP club!
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
I want a guitar with the 81 85 combo. Looks like a nice guitar. I always wondered how better an ESP was than the LTD.
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
Happy NGD! Play it well!!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn I need to get one of those sometime. I am an ibanez wh0re though. Haha.

Sweet guitar
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/