Hey guys, the other day me and my buddies drove down to our local Guitar Center, where I picked up a gorgeous Carlo Robelli 12 String. I fell in love as soon as I picked it up. With a strap and 3 year insurance it totaled at 220, which from my research isn't bad at all for a 12 String. However, ive been trying to find out a little about it (Wood Type, as well as solid or laminate, and I'm a bit interested in the original price as well as when it's from) but looking up the serial number yields no results. No searches I've done so far have given me anything, so I was hoping maybe one of you guys would recognize it

You can check the top be looking at the edge of the soundhole. - D the grain lines run all through the thickness of the top, or does the core look different to the outside.

The b&s are almost certainly laminated, but you can check the sides in the same way as the soundhole if the endpin is the plug type that comes out. You can check the back by seeing whether grain pattern on the outside is an exact match for the inside.
Quote by Tony Done
You can check the top be looking at the edge of the soundhole. - D the grain lines run all through the thickness of the top, or does the core look different to the outside.

The b&s are almost certainly laminated, but you can check the sides in the same way as the soundhole if the endpin is the plug type that comes out. You can check the back by seeing whether grain pattern on the outside is an exact match for the inside.

I'm awful at this kinda stuff. The edges of the sound hole are pretty chewed up (I assume from a pick) so I can't get a good look. I don't think I see anything suggesting it's laminate. I looked at a few other CR models and none of them say Solid Top, but they were also all W-(Number), where mine is C-(Number)
-laminate spruce top.
-laminate back and sides: -zebrawood veneer on nato.
-rosewood fretboard and bridge.
-they used to list for $179 at sam ash in the early 2000's. the black one was $159.
Last edited by ad_works at Oct 14, 2015,