Page 1 of 2
Have you ever indirectly or directly provoked a negaitive reaction from Somone? I know i have. Heres a scenario.

Your out in a bar(pub) and you overhear two guys discussing a subject in which you're passionate/interested or educated about so you find a polite way to join in the chatter....and sometimes it goes smoothly? And sometimes your met with hostility....

So whys is it that whenever this person/people turn to you with hostility, You (people in general) fire back with hostility...instead of respecting that persons right to angrily be non interested in your interjection?

That probably sounds "mental" but i think that is what is largely wrong in the world today.

Its not that we should have a problem offending people (we obviously don't ) but that we should respect a persons right to take offense.

Am i crazy for thinking this way? I think it would solve alot of problems.
stop barging in on other people's conversations talk to your own friends cuz
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Stop trying to make new friends by engaging in conversation, TS. Everybody is out there to get you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by K33nbl4d3
stop barging in on other people's conversations talk to your own friends cuz

Im pretty sure everyone has encountered such situations on both ends of the spectrum. Im simply voicing my perception of these situations and a possible solution.

Fact is people will "barge" in on others conversations til the end of time.

Also, this isnt a personal story...just a generic scenario.
I don't react with hostility, and the approach is important, you don't just start talking you say hi, I overheard you talking about X and was wondering if/want to know/am interested in...

simple. And only assholes react with hostility.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
I don't react with hostility, and the approach is important, you don't just start talking you say hi, I overheard you talking about X and was wondering if/want to know/am interested in...

^I agree with all said here.

simple. And only assholes react with hostility.

^This i dont agree with.

We have no way of knowing this persons character....they are merely reacting angrily to something they dont like/take offense to ie: Nickelback getting stoned (not in a good way) on stage....well off stage really.

Do you really think everyone in the audience were assholes?
Quote by Dick Savage
Im pretty sure everyone has encountered such situations on both ends of the spectrum.

Wrong and waste use of the word spectrum
Quote by Dick Savage
Im simply voicing my perception of these situations and a possible solution.

Perceive less; voice less
Quote by Dick Savage
Fact is people will "barge" in on others conversations til the end of time.

Nah, with any luck the human race will die out before then
Quote by Dick Savage
Also, this isnt a personal story...just a generic scenario.

Right

Okay but actual serious response this sounds like a proper sideman thing like if i hear someone i don't know talking about something i'm interested in i make a mental note to bring it up when i actually have a reason to talk to them on some other occasion and if i'm not going to have an actual reason to talk to them then i don't have a reason to talk to them on this occasion either.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Right

Okay but actual serious response this sounds like a proper sideman thing like if i hear someone i don't know talking about something i'm interested in i make a mental note to bring it up when i actually have a reason to talk to them on some other occasion and if i'm not going to have an actual reason to talk to them then i don't have a reason to talk to them on this occasion either.

Okay so you filter/limit yourself socially? Thats not a bad quality to say the least. However,most people dont have that trait/discipline so it goes back to what i said.....why not just respect people's right to be a "asshole"?
Quote by K33nbl4d3 at #33635681

All the long-term friends I've ever had were made when I had no actual reason to talk to them. I talked to them because I wanted to.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
All the long-term friends I've ever had were made when I had no actual reason to talk to them. I talked to them because I wanted to.

Exaclty!
Quote by Dick Savage
We have no way of knowing this persons character....they are merely reacting angrily to something they dont like/take offense to ie: Nickelback getting stoned (not in a good way) on stage....well off stage really.

Do you really think everyone in the audience were assholes?

yeah, we do know their character, because they just told you to fuck off when you are trying to have a civil conversation.

I have no idea what the second bit is about.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
yeah, we do know their character, because they just told you to fuck off when you are trying to have a civil conversation.

I have no idea what the second bit is about.

So because this person dosent like what your "selling" (and this person could be you) he dosent have the right to tell you to fuck off?

Im basically saying that one day a person can approach me and 99% of the time im grateful someone cared to listen to me talk..or ask my name. Then there is that 1% where i may give a subtle piss off. Does that 1% damn me to being an asshole for eternity, and does it give you the right to respond to my anger with your own? After all you were the intruder?

The shoe is constantly alternating feet with these situations...
If I'm having a fairly private conversation about something trivial and a know-it-all butts in then I'd be annoyed to. If its clearly an open discussion like the sports that's playing on the tv in the pub then fair enough, but if I'm talking about music or something and someone comes in like "oh X band sucks lol" then its pretty annoying, and yes I've had that happen, but I politely said "okay mate" and carried on the conversation with my friend
3 types of communication: aggressive, assertive, submissive

People naturally trend toward either aggressive or submissive communication. Assertiveness has to be learned. Odds are, if you've got the confidence to join a random conversation, you tend toward more aggressive communication. When challenged, you would defend your point of view, aggressively.

I don't talk to people and therefor never have this problem
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Im driving at the fact that we as humans lie to each other every waking moment with the way we feel.

Bout the only time we are honest is when we are either sick,hurt,angry,dying, or when having sex (most sex is bad because of these lies)

The world claims we are making societal progress with "acceptance" for things we may not necessarily like...when we are really just repressing our true feelings....how is this progress? And more importantly how does it promote peace?

Seems like we are lying to a bully to keep him from feeding us dogshit.

Edit: Explains the "ten foot tall and bulletproof" people on the internet.
Last edited by Dick Savage at Oct 13, 2015,
bro this was a simple conversation about approaching an existing conversation in the pub

Why is it now about the duality of humanity?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Because thats the problem that will never be solved but needs solving.

Thats what i was trying to touch on with the opening pub scenario.

I have a hard time communicating my thoughts with others to where they are easily understandle. Sorry if i come off as cryptic i seriously dont know another way most of the time.

What ever happened to the golden rule?
-SRV-
Quote by Dick Savage
Because thats the problem that will never be solved but needs solving.

Thats what i was trying to touch on with the opening pub scenario.

I have a hard time communicating my thoughts with others to where they are easily understandle. Sorry if i come off as cryptic i seriously dont know another way most of the time.

What ever happened to the golden rule?
-SRV-

what you do is offer both, the example and the quandary.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Dick Savage
Okay so you filter/limit yourself socially? Thats not a bad quality to say the least. However,most people dont have that trait/discipline so it goes back to what i said.....why not just respect people's right to be a "asshole"?

why not just respect people's right to be muslim? why not just respect people's right to be black? why not just respect people's right to be protestant? why not just respect people's right to be jewish? why not just respect people's right to not like muslims? why not just respect people's right to not like black people? why not just respect people's right to not like protestants? why not just respect people's right to not like jewish people?

wouldn't it be great if everyone just respected each other
the woes of having encoded genetic primal instincts
it's all coming back

Quote by Bladez22
I respect people's decision to be shitty people

Bingo!! Because "shitty" in most cases is subjective.

Thats not sarcasm btw.
Im just saying why is everyone ok with being forced to like or accept something if they truly dont? Thats lunacy...
What happened when people agreed to disagree?
(I was being sarcastic )

I don't respect bigots, or nasty/hateful people. I get that its subjective but its a case of everyone should respect everyone, which doesn't mean respecting a racist opinion, it means that racist should respect the race/people that they're bigoted against and not hold that shitty belief in the first place
Quote by Dick Savage at #33635829
Im just saying why is everyone ok with being forced to like or accept something if they truly dont? Thats lunacy...

There's a difference with being okay with something and being forced to like it

You can be 100% straight and respect gay people, this doesn't mean you're forced to like a gay person if that gay person is a dick. Or that you have to be gay too. It just means you respect their sexuality and what they choose to do and love

being all like "I don't respect gay people cos its gross ect" is a shitty thing to think

I'm using gay people as an example because homophobia has gotten a lot of attention recently and society has changed a lot (for the better imo) in recent years
Quote by Bladez22
(I was being sarcastic )

I don't respect bigots, or nasty/hateful people. I get that its subjective but its a case of everyone should respect everyone, which doesn't mean respecting a racist opinion, it means that racist should respect the race/people that they're bigoted against and not hold that shitty belief in the first place

But thats just my point...those people are entitled to be racist if they so choose...just as we are free to choose not to be. Some people like Bon Jovi....i dont...and that's ok.

People have a roght to be hateful,racist,bigots of all sorts if they want to....

Most people like that make a great wffort to stir a pot of shit.

I live in the southeast U.S. I am not racist. I have racist family members and friends even. The difference with these people being they dont go around opposing there racist beleifs in others.

Im talking about COexistence. Not one side submitting to the others beleifs or putting on a face to make nice with everyone.

Basically why cant people mind there own business? And not insist on stirring a pot of shit?
Quote by Bladez22
There's a difference with being okay with something and being forced to like it

You can be 100% straight and respect gay people, this doesn't mean you're forced to like a gay person if that gay person is a dick. Or that you have to be gay too. It just means you respect their sexuality and what they choose to do and love

being all like "I don't respect gay people cos its gross ect" is a shitty thing to think

I'm using gay people as an example because homophobia has gotten a lot of attention recently and society has changed a lot (for the better imo) in recent years

I personally respect gay people's choices. But in all honesty that dosent matter to me because im not gay.

And it would seem that society has gotten better towards that in particular. ....but in actuality its largely a mask people hide behind.
Quote by Dick Savage

everyone? really? everyone is ok with being forced to like or accept something if they truly don't?
it's all coming back

It's not okay because hate fosters more hate, things like racism doesn't exist in a vacuum and those opinions will ultimately lead to someone treating someone else like shit due to pointless shit they can't control

I personally hate bon Jovi, but if someone likes them I don't tell them that they suck or treat them worse because they have a differeing opinion about music

I'm white as fvck, but I care about racism because I have empathy and don't like the fact that people are treated worse because of factors they cannot control
Quote by Dick Savage
^i was making a generalization.

I know, and that was my point. It's hard to figure out what exactly you are asking, and how to answer it, because it seems as if you are looking for a singular thought that reconciles our flaws with our ambitions. Every single person thinks differently and reacts differently and dreams differently and fails differently.
it's all coming back

Quote by Bladez22
It's not okay because hate fosters more hate, things like racism doesn't exist in a vacuum and those opinions will ultimately lead to someone treating someone else like shit due to pointless shit they can't control

I personally hate bon Jovi, but if someone likes them I don't tell them that they suck or treat them worse because they have a differeing opinion about music

I'm white as fvck, but I care about racism because I have empathy and don't like the fact that people are treated worse because of factors they cannot control

Im right there with you man im white as hell also... (i also have a mixed sister) so im not of the racist camp.
But im also smart enough to know that racism will always be around as long as there are different races....so why fight it on a large scale? Why not focus on more localized events?

I mean any progress made by legislation just fosters more hate and its not like its gonna make it dissappear.....if the bigots and racists just kept their mouths shut....and likewise for the other side as well?
Quote by Baby Joel
I know, and that was my point. It's hard to figure out what exactly you are asking, and how to answer it, because it seems as if you are looking for a singular thought that reconciles our flaws with our ambitions. Every single person thinks differently and reacts differently and dreams differently and fails differently.

In full agreement on all those points.

So what one man perceives as evil or injust anotheray not.....so why dont good realize it needs evil and evil needs good?
Then people can stop they're whining and get back to REAL progress....and stop all of the wasted time fighting a losing battle (from either side).

Superman sucks without Lex luthor. Batman sucks whithout the Joker.....would it suprise you or hurt your feelings if lex or the clown prince were racist bigots? It shouldn't they are evil after all.....
Recently I've been thinking to my self that I need to become more outgoing. I need to make a solid effort to go places and speak with people to improve my life. Having read this thread I now remember that doing so is far too complicated and I think I'll just go back to living in my hole.
^thats a bad idea...its not nearly that complicated. And if you fail a few times in your attempts so what we are allowed to fail. Failure usually encourages improvement.
Quote by Bladez22
frankly your misuse of "there, they're, and their" offends me

And you're entitled to that offense. I know grammar well, j dk t really practice "GOOD" grammar because I'm lazy.
Page 1 of 2