Page 1 of 3
Why do people think it's okay to call babies he or she? They can't speak yet so they can't say their preferred gender.

Please refer to them as babyself or toddlerself until they can say their pronoun preference otherwise you're ableist and transphobic.

Stupid tweets but should we call babies different pronouns until they can decide whether they are a boy or girl? Or is that far too long to wait and we could be giving a lot more people problems?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
This is the same kinda person who wonders if their dog has a gluten allergy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I am now Babyself Joel
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Why do people think it's okay to be insufferable cunts?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Baby Joel
I am now Babyself Joel

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Baby Joel
I am now Babyself Joel

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Idk I think in the ideal society "they" would be a fine pronoun to refer to infants I don't get why people object to gender neutral pronouns so much
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Idk I think in the ideal society "they" would be a fine pronoun to refer to infants I don't get why people object to gender neutral pronouns so much

It's a bit impersonal isn't it

Like what you call a cat or a dog when you don't know it's gender

Though there are many pronouns that some may view as questionable (I am indifferent), I do find it strange that we, to quote some other fuck on Twitter, "color-code our infants so that strangers know what their genitals look like". Our gender norms are a little weird to say the least and I can understand why people may take issue with parents immediately going "oh, no, she can't play with the toy soldiers, only Barbies for her!" and other such absolute sweaty ball bags.

obv that's different to pronouns but that's a discussion I cannot be fucked to have.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 14, 2015,
They is so impersonal. I don't know any parent who would want to call their child that. Plus it's like, the chance that they aren't going to identify to what matches their genitals is so small it makes it kind of silly.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Call your child xir and xirself.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I was gonna go for xem and xemself.

ffs

what about our pets? how do i know that my dog has decided it wants to be a female and not a male?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

some female dogs have tried to hump my leg before

i fucked them
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What if your child identifies as trans-age? "Babyself" and "Toddlerself" are inappropriate terms for an old person in a young person's body. Think before you label people.
Eat a book, shitlord.
Quote by Banjocal at #33636988
some female dogs have tried to hump my leg before

i fucked them

yeah, female dogs actually hump stuff too

learnt that first hand

Quote by sashki at #33636996
What if your child identifies as trans-age? "Babyself" and "Toddlerself" are inappropriate terms for an old person in a young person's body. Think before you label people.
Eat a book, shitlord.

tfw I've brought this up and the shitlords closed it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
To sum up my reaction to that quote:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by institutions at #33637012
yeah nah, they can be a "he" or a "she" until they're like "hey man, i don't want to be a he, i want to be a she" and i can be like "ok"

this completely

we should go around calling everyone "it" and opening with "hello, nice to meet you, what gender do you identify with?" upon first meeting somebody just so we don't offend tumblr

Quote by Banjocal
"color-code our infants so that strangers know what their genitals look like".

these people are silly. genitals are a trait of sex not gender.
it's all coming back

Quote by Trowzaa
this completely

we should go around calling everyone "it" and opening with "hello, nice to meet you, what gender do you identify with?" upon first meeting somebody just so we don't offend tumblr

i also identify as scottish. just fyi to everyone
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
these people are silly. genitals are a trait of sex not gender.
and colours are arbitrarily assigned to those sexes

Quote by Ippon
Call them by their names or spawn of parent's name: Taylor or spawn of Kyle.
I was gounna make a Thor joke and go with "Son of Odin!" but then I realised the problem there...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 14, 2015,
Quote by institutions
yeah nah, they can be a "he" or a "she" until they're like "hey man, i don't want to be a he, i want to be a she" and i can be like "ok"

this

it's not hard.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Baby Joel at #33636935
I am now Babyself Joel

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Since the overwhelming majority of people aren't transgender, using gender-neutral pronouns until they are old enough to "decide" or whatever would be absolutely ridiculous.

Also anytime someone uses one of those stupid "self" pronoun things I wonder if I should laugh or shudder in despair at the state of the world we live in.

+1 to Babyself Joel
Babby you should change your user title to Babyself Joel or something
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Oct 14, 2015,
Quote by GuitarGod_92

because right now singular they is usually reserved for when gender is unknown i.e. people we don't know. that's what makes it 'impersonal'. that will probably change over time tbh.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Agreed. I ignore the idea of pronouns and just say "them/they're/they."
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i fear the generation that millennials will spawn

either they will be a true step towards utopia or the final straw that sees our species destroyed.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Trowzaa
what about our pets? how do i know that my dog has decided it wants to be a female and not a male?

dogs don't have a concept of self you're on some sideman ting m8

also lyle your threads are rubbish

Also Sestra is right and serious there is literally no issue with "they" whatsoever

Although personally I like in German how it follows grammatical gender so "Kind" and "Baby" both take the equivalent of "it" because for real children aren't people
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33636952

"They" is plural.

grammar over social justice any day

#prescriptivist

fight me geekwinn
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Oct 14, 2015,
The gender-neutral suggestions would work a lot better is dumbass people didn't think of such dumbass suggestions instead of easy and intuitive stuff like "they"

It is really easy to call a baby "they" or "the baby" or their name or "little one" or seriously any pet name you could possibly think of. Why the fuck are people suggesting things like "babyself"?

I once read a chart of gender-neutral names for your partner and for some reason it listed "babefriend" and "datefriend" as options. Can't one just say "date" or "babe" or "friend" or "lover"? There were only 7 or so suggestions so having two really shitty ones is quite the percentage. Any pet name would work for a partner. Even fucking "partner" works for partner and that's what I call my husband most of the time, unless I am trying to win over an old Southern lady in which case I say "mah husbind" in as thick of a country accent as I can.

Like goddamn do your activism right before I have to punch you for mucking up my struggles
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 3