May
2 5%
Duceppe
2 5%
Other
7 19%
Voters: 37.
Page 1 of 5
Are there enough Canadians to discuss this shit? I don't know.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
is this the one that always gets rigged?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Which one opposes TPP? I think you guys should vote for that one.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Harper has a slim chance of being PM even if the Conservatives form government so this makes this whole 'voting for a leader' all the more ridiculous.
Harper because he's the only one that doesn't sound French or a woman

edit: Oh, Harper's a tory.

I vote for Kodos
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Oct 14, 2015,
I'm a big fan of Elizabeth May and the Green platform (and voted for my green mp). They obviously won't win but it would be nice to see them get a free more seats. Also, her being excluded from the leaders debates was fucked.

Hopefully the liberals win. Stephen Harper is a bad guy and the Conservatives are scary.
Quote by Neo Evil11
Which one opposes TPP? I think you guys should vote for that one.

May opposes it most strongly, Mulcair opposes it I think, Trudeau wants to wait and see (conveniently the full text won't be available till after the election) and Harper supports it. Realistically the only way Canada goes into the tpp as it is now is if the Conservatives get a majority which is looking unlikely.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
is this the one that always gets rigged?

election fraud. every time. then pass a fair elections act which goes after voters rather than the politicians doing the election fraud. this is canada.
so, if the conservatives make out with the most seats but fall short of a majority, do they prorogue parliament so they can hold a leadership convention to better position themselves in striking a supply-and-confidence deal with one of the other parties?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
so, if the conservatives make out with the most seats but fall short of a majority, do they prorogue parliament so they can hold a leadership convention to better position themselves in striking a supply-and-confidence deal with one of the other parties?

Ehhh even without Harper I don't think any of the other parties go for that.
I vote Harper all the way. Trudeau doesn't have a clue and I generally disagree with their economic policies.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Canada has a government? All the Canadians spend so much time worried about American politics on this board I assumed they were just glomming on out of absence of their own.
Quote by JustRooster
Canada has a government? All the Canadians spend so much time worried about American politics on this board I assumed they were just glomming on out of absence of their own.

It's easy to forget sometimes because our PM won't even speak to the media.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
It's easy to forget sometimes because our PM won't even speak to the media.

That's odd, do your PM's run for reelection?
I watched Trudeau's interview with VICE Canada and what he said sounded really sound.

A little tetchy on privacy laws, but it is complex (although Canada isn't much of a target for terrorism is it?)

And his answer on cannabis wasn't exactly clear, although I imagine he is pro legalisation eventually in Canada, especially when that will be an economic boost, but as he mentioned, it will be mostly provinces that decide, although come on now, federal action would do wonders.

He mentioned that only the 4th term year will be used for balancing the books. That would be the main worry for citizens.

Either way if Liberals get in then I will be super excited for Canada.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
How Will Trudeau Show Off His Nice Hair If He's Too Busy Hiding It Under His Niqab ? ? ? Let's Make Canada Great Again
Quote by Nero Galon
I watched Trudeau's interview with VICE Canada and what he said sounded really sound.

A little tetchy on privacy laws, but it is complex (although Canada isn't much of a target for terrorism is it?)

And his answer on cannabis wasn't exactly clear, although I imagine he is pro legalisation eventually in Canada, especially when that will be an economic boost, but as he mentioned, it will be mostly provinces that decide, although come on now, federal action would do wonders.

He mentioned that only the 4th term year will be used for balancing the books. That would be the main worry for citizens.

how are you so wrong and dumb
Quote by Thrashtastic15
how are you so wrong and dumb

Are you telling me my ears deceived me when watching the interview? Or is Trudeau trolling in the interview? Thrash pls.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon

deficit spending is the least of our worries when it comes to the liberals

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Tbf he takes exactly 5 questions per day.

a little hyperbole never hurt no one
i really really like the green platform and will probably vote for them, but id like to see the NDP win. either way looks like ganj will finally be at least decriminalized within the next 5 years hmu :'))))
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trudeau caus he fuckin blazes it
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
deficit spending is the least of our worries when it comes to the liberals

OK. What is? Curious is all.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon
OK. What is? Curious is all.

to a much greater extent than the other parties you really don't know what you're gonna get with a liberal government. it's important to keep in mind that past liberal governments really set the stage for the tories pulling out of the kyoto accord and attacking our charter rights with anti-terrorism legislation.

you have a leader who voted in favour of the anti-terrorism legislation but refuses to take a stance on whether it violates our charter rights. you have a party in support of electoral reform but a leader who voted down a bill mandating the government to follow through on reform recommendations without making his objections all that clear; they want to "consider ranked ballots", presumably because that would give them the greatest advantage.

overall, you have a party trying to position themselves between the ndp and tories on most issues without clearly defining their own position. they're a party of murky principles.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
to a much greater extent than the other parties you really don't know what you're gonna get with a liberal government. it's important to keep in mind that past liberal governments really set the stage for the tories pulling out of the kyoto accord and attacking our charter rights with anti-terrorism legislation.

you have a leader who voted in favour of the anti-terrorism legislation but refuses to take a stance on whether it violates our charter rights. you have a party in support of electoral reform but a leader who voted down a bill mandating the government to follow through on reform recommendations without making his objections all that clear; they want to "consider ranked ballots", presumably because that would give them the greatest advantage.

overall, you have a party trying to position themselves between the ndp and tories on most issues without clearly defining their own position. they're a party of murky principles.

not just that. a lot of liberal ideas are good enough, but the basic ideology of liberal government isn't something i can really get behind (increase the influence of government, everything can be fixed by spending or new legislation, increase taxes to pay for it all). To his credit, Harper is an economist first and foremost and helped weather the recession storm with steps taken 2 years before it hit, but other than money, he's a terrible PM. My fear is Trudeau might be the exact opposite--decent enough as a PM and is a much-needed fresh face on the global scale, but he is probably going to burn through money and appears to have no real plan on recouping any of it. like many liberal governments before his, he'd probably leave office with Canada plunged into a fat deficit. And given the state of West Canada's economy, that's not really a viable option right now.

again though none of that will really affect me on a personal level on a daily basis so let's just get some #420blazeitfagt in office
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
he's gunning for his 4th term

You don't have term limits? That's unfortunate.
Quote by WaterGod
You don't have term limits? That's unfortunate.

In a parliamentary system, you don't truly elect a PM or government, regardless of how people like to dress it up. We elect members of parliament which itself is a body which oversees government. There are some drawbacks to this but at least we don't have a two-party system.
OK thanks for clearing it up for me.

I totally understand what you're saying.

The more transparent you can be in telling the people what you're actually going to do in detail the better for trust.

Trudeau's stance on privacy rights isn't too different to most other liberals tbh. Nick Clegg in the UK has a similar record for his views on it.

In the UK the matter is slightly different as we don't actually have a legal right to privacy like the US and maybe Canada does.

The EU convention on human rights gives us some protection however there are many ways to override the protection. National security, public safety, crime, 'protecting the freedom of others', 'disorder' and my favourite 'ECONOMIC WELLBEING' lol.

Agree that Trudeau is being risky giving only 1 year to focus on the deficit. He could screw up future Libs campaigns if he leaves office in big debt.

Quote by metal4eva_22
It's funny how Canada's only a few hours' drive away and I know piss all about your politics.

I know more about British politics than I do about Canadian politics and they're an ocean away.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
the only real shitty thing about canadian politics is that you could really really like a candidate in your riding, but their party leader could be a total piece of shit and therefore you end up not voting for you want in your immediate vicinity to avoid having someone you hate on the national stage
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Acϵ♠
the only real shitty thing about canadian politics is that you could really really like a candidate in your riding, but their party leader could be a total piece of shit and therefore you end up not voting for you want in your immediate vicinity to avoid having someone you hate on the national stage

It works the other way around too. A well implemented MMP system can alleviate this a bit.
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's funny how Canada's only a few hours' drive away and I know piss all about your politics.

I know more about British politics than I do about Canadian politics and they're an ocean away.

"Few hours" i can get to at least 4 countries in that time. Don't know all their politics either.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 5